Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #48,393 of 62,387
Just sold off my Galaxy Buds Pro because of the bad fit in my ears. Should I go for the Buds 2 Pro or something else? How do the TWX9 compare to the GBP2?

Sounds like we have similar ears. Avoid anything with a short nozzle and bulbous housing. Did you try using the CP1025 + CPA2 to extend the nozzle? Galaxy Buds Pro and the Google Pixel Buds Pro will be among the worst offenders. Buds 2 Pro, TWX9, and XM4 might not fit, but YMMV. XM4 was marginal fitment for me. Pixel Buds 2/A fit just fine. Using any negative profile IEM (ex. SE846) with a Bluetooth adapter fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #48,394 of 62,387
i just bought the Soundcore Life dot 3i (or A3i). I really like the form factor, and the fact that it uses physical buttons. the ANC/ambient mode performance are quite good, and loving the battery life.

but the sound... my gosh the bass is too overwhelming, even more so than my old Tronsmart Apollo.. using all the preset EQ, even with bass boost off, the bass is still too unbearable.

i tried to cut the low bass on the EQ (100,200,400 hz) but the bass is still there in silly amount..

but then i found something weird and interesting: if i cut the 800 hz completely and raise the adjacent frequency even so slightly, the subwoover-y would just clean off gone..
Screenshot_20221022-232602_soundcore.jpg

i tried the same experiment with 400 hz, 1.6k, it also produce similar result. so in essence the EQ on the app works really weird and unpredictable. the good news is i can tweak it to reduce the bass more to my liking.

this is my current setting for my set. still have ample bass yo watch movies and gaming, but not in the dizzying amount of the stock presets

Screenshot_20221022-233215_soundcore.jpg

Oct 22, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #48,395 of 62,387
Just sold off my Galaxy Buds Pro because of the bad fit in my ears. Should I go for the Buds 2 Pro or something else? How do the TWX9 compare to the GBP2?
I was able to use the Galaxy Buds Pro but the default tips never worked me very well. So I always fiddled with after market tips which never fit because of the stupid nozzle design.

I now have the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and they fit MUCH better. They also have a bit more normal nozzle so a few after market tips will fit as well such as the Spinfit 360.

I really like the Galaxy Bud 2 Pro, super comfy, better ANC, and in my opinion better sound. I prefer a shallow insertion over a deeper insertion for the tip.

Oct 22, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #48,396 of 62,387
i just bought the Soundcore Life dot 3i (or A3i). I really like the form factor, and the fact that it uses physical buttons. the ANC/ambient mode performance are quite good, and loving the battery life.

but the sound... my gosh the bass is too overwhelming, even more so than my old Tronsmart Apollo.. using all the preset EQ, even with bass boost off, the bass is still too unbearable.

i tried to cut the low bass on the EQ (100,200,400 hz) but the bass is still there in silly amount..

but then i found something weird and interesting: if i cut the 800 hz completely and raise the adjacent frequency even so slightly, the subwoover-y would just clean off gone..
Screenshot_20221022-232602_soundcore.jpg

i tried the same experiment with 400 hz, 1.6k, it also produce similar result. so in essence the EQ on the app works really weird and unpredictable. the good news is i can tweak it to reduce the bass more to my liking.

this is my current setting for my set. still have ample bass yo watch movies and gaming, but not in the dizzying amount of the stock presets

Screenshot_20221022-233215_soundcore.jpg
Ha!!!
That EQ sums it up....

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #48,397 of 62,387
Audio Technica didn't have any solutions other than having the latest firmware. They said I could return them to Amazon.jp. But I'm keeping these suckers. It's a minor hassle to connect them each time I use them, but after they connect, I'm finding them pretty much flawless. Sound is excellent, comfort is good, the button scheme is really good, ANC and ambient are solid, quick hear-through is very convenient, phone calls are good, low latency mode works, and I haven't had a single connection drop. Hopefully a firmware update will fix the one issue.

The only real issue is that my GF is getting irked because they're always in my ears. I guess that also qualifies as a connection issue...

Oct 22, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #48,398 of 62,387
Oct 22, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #48,399 of 62,387
Favorites are subjective, but which do you grab first for a good listen? TWX9 or EX?
Damn... I must say they are neck and neck with me. I do go for the TWX9 more than any other. I am losing nothing with the EX in sq, but gaining in ANC with TWX9

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #48,401 of 62,387
Damn... I must say they are neck and neck with me. I do go for the TWX9 more than any other. I am losing nothing with the EX in sq, but gaining in ANC with TWX9
.... except when you head to the pool :D
Same here. TWX9 are still in the honeymoon phase, but I've have the EX since launch day, so I must still love them. :beerchug:

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #48,402 of 62,387
Oct 22, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #48,403 of 62,387
How do you get the key assignment to work in the AT app on the TWX9? It doesn't let me select any buttons to modify other than the right earbud to modify the settings. Besides that, the only bug I've experienced is sometimes the touch sensors aren't responsive, otherwise they have been flawless.

Oct 22, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #48,404 of 62,387
How do you get the key assignment to work in the AT app on the TWX9? It doesn't let me select any buttons to modify other than the right earbud to modify the settings. Besides that, the only bug I've experienced is sometimes the touch sensors aren't responsive, otherwise they have been flawless.
The touch controls are my least favorite aspect of these. I dislike having to repeatedly bang against my eardrum to change modes. Hoping this gets better with firmware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back