Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #47,896 of 62,546
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #47,897 of 62,546
Oh no, I still use them. I rotate buds depending on mood, color coordination, forgotten to charge …
oh ok and the fact that you can't turn off ANC/Aware doesn"t generate too much annoying wind noise when running ? On a bike they probably can't be used at all :frowning2:

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #47,898 of 62,546
What are your thoughts on the call quality on your Sennheiser and the Bose? Good quality? I don't mind spending around $250. Just not $400 lol
I'm not having any issues, mind you, I use them primarily wfh for calls. They're good enough for me. No one has complained.

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #47,902 of 62,546
That is the rub. In store only so Verizon can get you in person and sell, sell, sell. Come in store to get your earphone and since you are here and have that new Verizon Visa you just opened....💸💸💸

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #47,903 of 62,546
That is the rub. In store only so Verizon can get you in person and sell, sell, sell. Come in store to get your earphone and since you are here and have that new Verizon Visa you just opened....💸💸💸
I can't even get any zip to show it in stock. Def too good to be true.

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #47,904 of 62,546
First impressions of APP2 compared to the QCII. Wow, these couldn't be tuned differently. Been using the Bose for a week or so so my brain is tuned to them. First impression was that the APP2 sounded thin with too much midrange compared to the Bose. After a few minutes, my brain started to like it. They are very balanced, midcentric with a bass shelf. Not bad. Then I switched over to the Bose and they felt too warm and boomy in comparison (even on the treble setting). ANC goes to the Bose but the APP2 are not too far behind which is impressive given the open design. I need to test further but this will be a decision that I think really rests on whether you like a clean balanced sound or the shaped Bose house sound. I actually like them both quite a bit but the dichotomy is jarring.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #47,905 of 62,546
Oh no, I still use them. I rotate buds depending on mood, color coordination, forgotten to charge …

whether you woke up tired or energized, depending on if you plan on getting starbucks or peets, different tws for coffee made at home, if it is raining or not, if you're going to be wearing sneakers or dress shoes, smartwatch or mechanical watch (diff tws for each), etc.

without a huge diversity of reasons, there's no way to justify the sheer number of wireless earbuds you've been amassing. :)

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #47,906 of 62,546
First impressions of APP2 compared to the QCII. Wow, these couldn't be tuned differently. Been using the Bose for a week or so so my brain is tuned to them. First impression was that the APP2 sounded thin with too much midrange compared to the Bose. After a few minutes, my brain started to like it. They are very balanced, midcentric with a bass shelf. Not bad. Then I switched over to the Bose and they felt too warm and boomy in comparison (even on the treble setting). ANC goes to the Bose but the APP2 are not too far behind which is impressive given the open design. I need to test further but this will be a decision that I think really rests on whether you like a clean balanced sound or the shaped Bose house sound. I actually like them both quite a bit but the dichotomy is jarring.

interesting because the old school Bose house sound was not really warm and boomy. I'm starting to wonder if Bose has been shifting over the years. I have the qc35 qc45 and qc earphone 1. but I'm too lazy to compare.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #47,907 of 62,546
interesting because the old school Bose house sound was not really warm and boomy. I'm starting to wonder if Bose has been shifting over the years. I have the qc35 qc45 and qc earphone 1. but I'm too lazy to compare.
I tend to agree with this.
Even the old SoundSport Free weren’t really warm and boomy. They were more of a U shape in terms of sound signature and pretty clear and spacious.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #47,908 of 62,546
Yeah, I thought of Jabra. I don't know which Jabra TWS is the best with both solid sound quality and call quality. I guess I can test some Jabra tws and always return.

Does the MTW3 have good call quality when you are indoors?
I haven't asked people but literally nobody has complained when I use them indoors or even on quiet streets. It's just when it gets even a little noisy outdoors that there's an issue. I don't use them in an office environment, I live alone and work at home.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #47,909 of 62,546
https://www.theverge.com/23365910/apple-airpods-pro-second-generation-review

They said “If you do intend to use the AirPods Pro with Android, be aware there’s currently a significant bug where playback cuts out after 20 seconds or so.”

Anyone tried the APP2 on Android?

Also, if anyone has the QC2 and APP2 can they compare voice call quality, sound, fit and ANC please?
If you have an Android phone that's the last thing you should be looking at IMO. Apple makes things to work well in their walled garden, that's their goal to get you only on their products. And while many are fine and some are great, the integration is a huge part of it. There are far better options for Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back