Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #47,626 of 62,439
How do they compare to the L3Ps if you've had them? I think the L3Ps are fantastic and hard to beat, but they need serious EQing and I don't love the wing tips.
I have both the L3P and A40. I think the A40 sounds better and I especially like the small form of the A40. Also the A40 is cheaper. The only problem I’ve had with the A40 is that the buds don’t always charge in the case. I think the contacts don’t always match up. I’ve been in touch with Soundcore and they’ve been very helpful, as you would expect. So far the A40s are my favorite TWS.

Sep 7, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #47,628 of 62,439
I pre-ordered the Bose. Will report back when received. Got $30 off through my wife's id.me account. We shall see!
Funny thing, signed up for that ‘stay in the loop’ email notification … has not come yet …

The way the Yen is to the USD right now I fear the 299$ will be like 45.000¥ (instead of 30.000) ….

Just how the 249$ APP2 are now 40.000¥ … haiyaaaaaa

6518D290-6A6B-41E9-8127-69C673C5004D.jpeg

interestingly, the Japanese price for the Bose was just released and it is LOWER than the APP ...

世界最高_のノイズキャンセリングイヤホン___Bose_QuietComfort_Earbuds_II.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #47,629 of 62,439
I've got the ATH-TWX9 in ears right now.

Best TWS I've ever heard, far outclassing my Airpods Pro which have been my favorite for the past 2 years.

Best audio product of 2022 for me as well!

More to come :)
How’s the ANC? How does it stack up against Bose / Sony / Apple?

Might get that set instead until I find new app2 / Bose QC 2 used here :wink:

Of course, temporary out of stock! The universe want me to keep my money.

CC953F93-34E2-4176-AE19-C52589A37006.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #47,630 of 62,439
How’s the ANC? How does it stack up against Bose / Sony / Apple?

Might get that set instead until I find new app2 / Bose QC 2 used here :wink:

Of course, temporary out of stock! The universe want me to keep my money.

CC953F93-34E2-4176-AE19-C52589A37006.jpeg
225 USD shipped. Out-of stock however. Worth it?

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #47,631 of 62,439
For those interested in the L3P, I posted this on the "Deals" thread here as well. Lightning Deal ends in 18 minutes...

Soundcore by Anker Liberty 3 Pro Noise Canceling Earbuds, True Wireless Earbuds​

Amazon Prime
List $169
Lightning Deal $99

Save 41% / $70

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CGM1BWH/

Sep 8, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #47,632 of 62,439
CNET has a first hands on video of the Bose ... but was not enough for real testing (they say) ...

Interesting snippets, apparently there was at least a purple prototype version!

Bose_QuietComfort_EarBuds_II__better_design__better_performance_-_YouTube.jpg

And the case still looks pretty hefty!

Cursor_and_Bose_QuietComfort_EarBuds_II__better_design__better_performance_-_YouTube.jpg

Other take aways:
NO wireless charging!
AptX and Multipoint might be coming later via FW, the chip supports it
ANC is of the adaptive variety? Can't we get that as an option? I want full ANC all the time!

E-earphone did a video presentation 2h ago ... they say the case is 40% smaller ... nice to see side by side

BOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpg

Eartips are oval

BOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpg

They are doing some ANC test and seem very impressed, but YT has a hard time with auto translating the subs :) Not sure what they are saying ...
BOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpgBOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpg

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #47,634 of 62,439
Can anyone offer impressions on the Victor HA-FW1000t? I assume these are made in China rather than Japan also?
They personally sounded great (I had the jvc variant), touch controls were great, calls were pretty good.....but the stem design kept them from staying in my ears. Your mileage, of course, will vary on this

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #47,635 of 62,439
They personally sounded great (I had the jvc variant), touch controls were great, calls were pretty good.....but the stem design kept them from staying in my ears. Your mileage, of course, will vary on this
Thanks, probably a no no for me, then as I generally have a lot of issues with fittings....

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #47,640 of 62,439
CNET has a first hands on video of the Bose ... but was not enough for real testing (they say) ...

Interesting snippets, apparently there was at least a purple prototype version!

Bose_QuietComfort_EarBuds_II__better_design__better_performance_-_YouTube.jpg

And the case still looks pretty hefty!

Cursor_and_Bose_QuietComfort_EarBuds_II__better_design__better_performance_-_YouTube.jpg

Other take aways:
NO wireless charging!
AptX and Multipoint might be coming later via FW, the chip supports it
ANC is of the adaptive variety? Can't we get that as an option? I want full ANC all the time!

E-earphone did a video presentation 2h ago ... they say the case is 40% smaller ... nice to see side by side

Eartips are oval

They are doing some ANC test and seem very impressed, but YT has a hard time with auto translating the subs :) Not sure what they are saying ...
BOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpgBOSE「QuietComfort_Earbuds_II」が登場!世界最高_のノイキャン性能と25_の小型化を実現したTWS!プロフィギュアスケーターの無良崇人さんもびっくりの性能...jpg

Bose really kept these close to the vest. Very little press on this. Impressive. My guess, fwiw, is they will sound exactly the same as the existing buds. The form factor looks to be a vast improvement however and they will offer typical Bose polish which is as good as it gets. Bose is like Apple and rarely release anything half baked. Pricey yes, but I use my QC's now more than any other TWS because they are always charged, sound solid and have ridiculous ANC. If I could only live with 1 TWS at the moment, I would take the Bose. This is definitely a case where they may not offer the best sound or specs, but the sum total of the experience will be worth it. It would be nice if they upped their Codec game but probably not a priority for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back