Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #47,615 of 63,259
How do they compare to the L3Ps if you've had them? I think the L3Ps are fantastic and hard to beat, but they need serious EQing and I don't love the wing tips.
Unfortunately I have not tried the L3P so can not say for sure. I did own the L2P and these are not as bass heavy as that model. They have enough bass for me though and I like their balanced sound. They fit a lot nicer than the L2P being almost as comfortable as the Linkbuds S.

Battery life on them appears to be very good which I hear was not the case in the L3P.

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #47,616 of 63,259
That would be a planar characteristic for sure. Planar are known for their super fast and often very deep bass response but they won't rumble like a dynamic. Where can I get these?
For these, the planar driver is the "tweeter". The "woofer" is a multi-magnet dynamic driver, and it does deliver plenty of sub base. I've been using mine daily since I got them off of Amazon UK, but reports are that the very similar Oppo Enco X2 is better. It seems that there is a sort of an anti-stem bias, but for me it's the opposite for a number of reasons. These have click controls, and the up down swipe of the stem has been the most useful TWS volume control I've experienced. If the Oppos have the same, and I'm guessing they do then I would go for those at around $150.

Sep 7, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #47,618 of 63,259
Apple's refusal to integrate imessage to Android is infuriating and makes me dislike Apple. Yeah, there's no easy answers although there are some positives to being off of the family devices. For me, my wife was tracking my location since we all share an account. Switch to samsung and now I am free to roam the planet ... The easy solution to the F4 battery is just not use the phone. Problem solved.
Ya I usually don’t even bother to text people who don’t have iPhones. I always get that “message failed to send” error. I guess I could use Signal or WhatsApp but it’s just not worth all the hassle. And I’m addicted to Facetime

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #47,619 of 63,259
I've got the ATH-TWX9 in ears right now.

Best TWS I've ever heard, far outclassing my Airpods Pro which have been my favorite for the past 2 years.

Best audio product of 2022 for me as well!

More to come :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #47,620 of 63,259
Bose: 299$, available from Sept 15, SBC / AAC, up to 6h battery life single charge. Some kind of customized ANC setup by echolocating / mapping out your ear …
Apple: APP2 look the same, 249$, twice as much ANC (?) new size eartip: xs! Swipe gesture on stem for volume. Order from Sept 9, available Sept 23 ..

Color me mildly underwhelmed… guess I really need to try how the ANC has improved.

Now we wait for the first tests :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #47,621 of 63,259

Best TWS I've ever heard, far outclassing my Airpods Pro which have been my favorite for the past 2 years.

Have you heard the EX, XM4, Buds Pro for comparison?

Sep 7, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #47,622 of 63,259

Guess I can import them from Amazon Japan... I contacted audio technica EU, and they had no idea if its launching in Europe.

Sep 7, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #47,623 of 63,259
For the people interested in the new app 2.
New chip, better battery for case+ the earphones, some changes in the touch controls, case speaker to help with finding it etc.

Attachments

• 8596.JPG
    8596.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 7, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #47,624 of 63,259
I pre-ordered the Bose. Will report back when received. Got $30 off through my wife's id.me account. We shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back