Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #47,101 of 62,300
Hi Juturna,

I have a Sony A45 player with LDAC. I can get it to connect to my LDAC enabled TWS's, but the EQ doesn't work. On any of them.. EQ works with other codec's.. To me, it kind of defeats the purpose.. Strange..
Does EQ work for you?
Thank you..
Are you sure. The manual still says this...
1660000356742.png

Plus I sold the A45 and bought the older A26 for this specific reason. The EQ did nothing regardless of codec. Unless there was another later update or a Mr. Walkman FW allows it.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #47,103 of 62,300
Are you sure. The manual still says this...
1660000356742.png

Plus I sold the A45 and bought the older A26 for this specific reason. The EQ did nothing regardless of codec.
Really good point, because sometimes EQ works with SBC and APTX (?)..
Not sure if it has AAC, probably connects to my Apple pro's and Max's via SBC..
Weird!!

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #47,105 of 62,300
It's honestly kind of depressing. I love my audio equipment, but I've started intentionally going out "ears free" to try to be more present in my environment. It's nice to be able to strike up a casual conversation when waiting in line, etc.
I agree! Not to come off like a hateful boomer, but if it isn't being occupied by something in the ears it is staring at the rectangle. Some restaurants are starting to become no cell zones. It appears it is difficult for some folks to unattach to tech and attach to what's real.

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #47,106 of 62,300
I think I can hear a bit of white noise (left bud) now with ANC activated on the Free Byrd after the firmware update when it is very quiet. Don't think that was there before. Anybody else?
Not hearing it, let me focus on it. I do think there may a slight increase in ANC but it could be placebo, and it is difficult to tell since I can't A/B

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #47,107 of 62,300
Very curious about this claim. They basically look like AirPods 3 (they are called the Storm 3) but with ANC? Hmmmm … tempting. Let’s see if anyone has reviewed them yet.

5D366205-4668-4EE5-9087-76DF79BAD615.jpeg
Remember those guys?

Surprising exactly no one, I caved in an ordered them on Aug 2 from AliExpress and holy moly they arrived today (8/9), that's a new record!

I was about to write an extensive review, but in the end:don't bother to get them for the promised ANC .. I am still wondering if I am doing something wrong (like many reviewers back with the Galaxy Beans, they just did not 'get' it), but there is only the slightest of difference to my ears ... might be that they only kill super low rumble, which maybe my speakers here with faux airplane noise cannot replicate ...
Other than that, if you want a black-chrome airpod 3 clone that sounds decent (I cannot really hear a difference, but my brass ears are getting old), have an app with EQ presets, gestures can be mapped (alas, no volume control option) and there's a find my function (oh, but need to sign up to get into app, which stinks) .. with coupons this can be yours for 60$ .. who knows, upcoming sale maybe less :D

In addition, I was impressed by the unboxing experience, seems they really try to get one level up to the likes of 1more / Anker / soundpeats

That said, if I had gotten them via amazon, I would probably return them .. not that they are bad, i just have way too many buds already :)

Here a compare with Airpods 3 ... the Baseus are a smidge bigger .. the airpods fit into the Baseus case, but not vice verse

Screenshot_2022_08_09_21_26-2.jpgScreenshot_2022_08_09_21_26.jpg

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #47,108 of 62,300
I agree! Not to come off like a hateful boomer, but if it isn't being occupied by something in the ears it is staring at the rectangle. Some restaurants are starting to become no cell zones. It appears it is difficult for some folks to unattach to tech and attach to what's real.
Ya I always leave my phone in the car when we go to peoples houses or out to restaurants. There’s nothing so important that it can’t wait a while to check for messages or whatever.

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #47,109 of 62,300
Just the white noise I've just mentioned in ANC mode...Could swear that this was not there for me before...
After the update I now hear a faint high-pitched whine when in transparency mode.
I can only hear it when the room is completely silent and in transparency mode, but it is a little annoying in that case.
Wasn't there before the update.
Do you hear this too?

I don't hear the white noise in ANC mode (well a little actually but that was already there before the update and is very faint).

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #47,110 of 62,300
After the update I now hear a faint high-pitched whine when in transparency mode.
I can only hear it when the room is completely silent and in transparency mode, but it is a little annoying in that case.
Do you hear this too?

I don't hear the white noise in ANC mode (well a little actually but that was already there before the update and is very faint).
Funny cause for me it's kind of the other way round. That high pitched tone I have already heard before the update :D Yes, I can still notice it. The white noise is faint admittedly, but I somehow seem to notice it now whereas I've never really noticed it before.

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #47,111 of 62,300
Funny cause for me it's kind of the other way round. That high pitched tone I have already heard before the update :D Yes, I can still notice it. The white noise is faint admittedly, but I somehow seem to notice it now whereas I've never really noticed it before.
Probably safe to conclude then both noises were already there before the update but we just didn't notice before :wink:
Both are just pretty minor nitpicks luckily, in my opinion. Still great buds :)

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #47,112 of 62,300
Probably safe to conclude then both noises were already there before the update but we just didn't notice before :wink:
Both are just pretty minor nitpicks luckily, in my opinion. Still great buds :)
Absolutely. Still my most used buds on a daily basis.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #47,114 of 62,300
Thank you guys for making me lean towards the B&O EX - crikey what a cracking pair of ear buds.
I have been enjoying using them during night time, day time whenever I am far away from my main rig.

The bass is rather surprising for a single unit. The oxygen / anthracite looks gorgeous.
The Pixel 6 android app isn't working very well atm, perhaps I need to do a factory re-set.

Seems to be a lot more stable for connectivity on iOS, but iPhone 13 PMX still only has BT 5.0.. why apple why

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #47,115 of 62,300
Do you hear this too?

I often here that whine ... it's my tinitus that comes and goes ..
Never get it quiet enough here to notice these things .. if i really listen really hard I am sure I can even here the sea in the distance ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back