Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #46,531 of 62,437
i managed to get a pair of LG Tone Free FP8 for £79 on amazon UK and they are brilliant value.

look great, sound great, packed with features and the best fitting / comfortable ear buds i’ve ever owned.

can’t believe there’s so little reviews or hype about these.

an absolute gem.

Jul 8, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #46,532 of 62,437
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #46,533 of 62,437
How do you know this?

https://www.androidcentral.com/accessories/audio/earbuds/sennheiser-momentum-true-wireless-3-review
Sennheiser went with perhaps the same 7mm TrueResponse transducer drivers it originally used in the CX Plus True Wireless, which are great at producing a wider, balanced soundstage. What's likely changed is the way digital signal processing and software deliver the sound to your ears with more clarity. I wouldn't consider the Momentum True Wireless 3 a big leap forward over the previous pair, but they do sound better in the right areas.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #46,534 of 62,437
i managed to get a pair of LG Tone Free FP8 for £79 on amazon UK and they are brilliant value.

look great, sound great, packed with features and the best fitting / comfortable ear buds i’ve ever owned.

can’t believe there’s so little reviews or hype about these.

an absolute gem.
can compare with Airpods Pro? They are 87€ on amz.de ... but I am kinda done with stem buds .. but I see how they could be an interesting alternative to the still quite expensive APP

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #46,535 of 62,437
can compare with Airpods Pro? They are 87€ on amz.de ... but I am kinda done with stem buds .. but I see how they could be an interesting alternative to the still quite expensive APP

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #46,536 of 62,437
Jul 8, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #46,537 of 62,437
After trying tons of tws sets, I’ve come full circle back to Airpods Pro.

Theyre just the best overall tws, I think. Tws is all about convenience, and they are objectively the most convenient if youre on iOS.

Comfort blows every iem ive ever tried away, due to the shallow seal. Best mic, best call quality, great ANC.

And they sound seriously good. Better than the mw07 plus imo, and as good as the PI7 ive used for so long.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. So ends my search!

Jul 9, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #46,538 of 62,437
My AirPod Pro and Beats Fit Pro have become my dailies for the same reasons. I wish the iOS EQ was even sorta good, but I’ve found a preset that works for me and they just work instantly and consistently. I have many sets but I fiddle around with those more than I actually listen to music. With the APP and BFP I put them in, press play and listen to music instead of trying to get them connected.

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #46,539 of 62,437
it's always the portability vs sound factor, and personally, I have to listen very carefully to hear the difference

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #46,540 of 62,437
it's always the portability vs sound factor, and personally, I have to listen very carefully to hear the difference
Yeah, the competitors just haven't pulled away. And where they have they have still made compromises in sound. Pi7 for instance, vs Airpods Pro, the Pi7 have the deeper bass and wider stage, but also less energy in the midrange and treble. I think with the present market, if you're on iOS, all things considered, just buy Airpods Pro. Pricing wise they're just a better deal too, easy to find on ebay for 120ish brand new.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #46,541 of 62,437
My AirPod Pro and Beats Fit Pro have become my dailies for the same reasons. I wish the iOS EQ was even sorta good, but I’ve found a preset that works for me and they just work instantly and consistently. I have many sets but I fiddle around with those more than I actually listen to music. With the APP and BFP I put them in, press play and listen to music instead of trying to get them connected.
and for those reasons I JUST got me the Airpods Gen 3 (from Amazon Warehouse for 130€) and I am liking what I am hearing so far ... I never owned the OG Airpods, so I am kinda missing the open soundstage feel of those kinds of buds .. unfortunately, as much as I love my Sabbats ... they have become somewhat unreliable in the charging department ...

As for the amazon warehouse gamble ... those were the ones classified as 'used-acceptable' (I had posted the terrible description earlier) and well, it does kinda fit .. the case has seen some pocket time with a bunch of keys it seems, but that's really just cosmetic ... on one bud the grate where the plastic halves are fused together looks a bit odd, so for a while I was thinking I might have gotten a knock off ... but .. everything works within my apple ecosystem, they sound great, spatial audio is great, they switch nearly seamless between my devices .. so, I guess it's all good.

Now I have to test running with them tomorrow

(Oh wow, I just knocked the price down to 110€ ... I noticed that the wrong cable was in the box, usb A instead of USB C ... so I complained in support chat, first they offered 10€ off, then I showed then that they charge 23€ for that cable ... that was a very positive customer experience ... )

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #46,542 of 62,437
Anybody gonna try these as they seem available now...
1657382041220.png

Budget deal of the day??...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3HYZ42...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Tronsmart Onyx Pure One for $18 when you check the little box. 5.3, decent battery life, hybrid drivers, small size, full controls including 3 EQ modes.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #46,543 of 62,437
and for those reasons I JUST got me the Airpods Gen 3 (from Amazon Warehouse for 130€) and I am liking what I am hearing so far ... I never owned the OG Airpods, so I am kinda missing the open soundstage feel of those kinds of buds .. unfortunately, as much as I love my Sabbats ... they have become somewhat unreliable in the charging department ...

As for the amazon warehouse gamble ... those were the ones classified as 'used-acceptable' (I had posted the terrible description earlier) and well, it does kinda fit .. the case has seen some pocket time with a bunch of keys it seems, but that's really just cosmetic ... on one bud the grate where the plastic halves are fused together looks a bit odd, so for a while I was thinking I might have gotten a knock off ... but .. everything works within my apple ecosystem, they sound great, spatial audio is great, they switch nearly seamless between my devices .. so, I guess it's all good.

Now I have to test running with them tomorrow
Anybody gonna try these as they seem available now...
1657382041220.png

Budget deal of the day??...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3HYZ42...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Tronsmart Onyx Pure One for $18 when you check the little box. 5.3, decent battery life, hybrid drivers, small size, full controls including 3 EQ modes.
BT 5.3? First time I see that …. Anyone know what the upgrade is from .2?

Jul 9, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #46,544 of 62,437
BT 5.3? First time I see that …. Anyone know what the upgrade is from .2?

Not much as far as LE things yet. From what I see on TWS models so far is 15M vs. 10M on the range and "quicker" connection is usually mentioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back