Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #46,366 of 62,551
The only thing that turns me off is the size of it. Too big of a round :/
30 day return policy is there for that (if that gives you any comfort).

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #46,367 of 62,551
30 day return policy is there for that (if that gives you any comfort).
Do you suppose that means 30 days after it arrives via kickstarter, or?.....

I saw the 30 days after purchase and was kinda concerned 😅.

Also for anyone interested, the nuratrue pro kickstarter goes until July 28th and still has earlybird prices 😊

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #46,368 of 62,551
Do you suppose that means 30 days after it arrives via kickstarter, or?.....

I saw the 30 days after purchase and was kinda concerned 😅.

Also for anyone interested, the nuratrue pro kickstarter goes until July 28th and still has earlybird prices 😊
I presume Nura ships this out directly from their facility. So, the return policy is expected to be based on when you receive the product. Not based on when they ship. From the looks of it, they seem to be extending early bird price for probably 10,000 backers LOL

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #46,369 of 62,551
I got a couple TWS IEMs from kickstarter, Bragi and crazybaby . Neither company exists now and updates to firmware were nonexistent.
So I’m pretty cynical about a smaller company launching wares on kickstarter.

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #46,370 of 62,551
I got a couple TWS IEMs from kickstarter, Bragi and crazybaby . Neither company exists now and updates to firmware were nonexistent.

Ordered a laser engraver from kick starter, never received it.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 28, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #46,371 of 62,551
Jun 28, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #46,372 of 62,551
To be fair though, nura has released 4 pretty well-received products (that I'm aware of).

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #46,373 of 62,551
Nura is legit. I've used/had their tech many times. IMO, they only keep getting better. But yes, smaller company. Bragi was awesome, but sold their hardware to some Chinese company who did nothing with it. Now they just license their software to companies like Skullcandy and Klipsch. Crazybaby was awful. Awful. Awful. That said, they were onto something but effed it all up.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #46,374 of 62,551
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #46,375 of 62,551
Who is up for NuraTrue Pro ?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...th-personalised-sound?ref=discovery&term=Nura

8 Hours with ANC on, 32 hour battery life, Qualcomm AptX Lossless (higher than LDAC)

Bluetooth 5.3 Transmitter (supports aptx HD for any device with USB-C or USB-A) addon as well..

Edit: For those curious about iPhone, you would need a lightning to USB-C adapter and play aptXHD through your iPhone to NuraTrue Pro

Difference between NuraTrue and NuraTrue Pro is also listed here

https://help.nurasound.com/hc/en-us...difference-between-NuraTrue-Pro-and-NuraTrue-
Finally something interesting...

Jun 28, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #46,376 of 62,551
I got the Sony Linkbuds S today FINALLY!!!! LOL. I know I know such a first world mentality...

I decided to open them... Sony return policy be damned...

So I spent several minutes setting up the software and turning on features. Going to try to use these with all the features enabled.

These proved what I already knew but glad for the confirmation... My left ear hole is bigger than my right. I can use the medium tip in my right ear but need the large in my left. SO HAPPY that they have used actual hybrid tips!!!!!!! This is an instant MAJOR win in my books. One of Sony's best inventions in my opinion and a deal breaker with the XM4 for me. These are beyond comfy. I am going to love that feature by itself.

So playing with LDAC and AAC, when I enable LDAC the volume drops and becomes much more mellow sounding loosing the mids and treble detail. Anyone else experience this? I am using an S20 phone.

So far using AAC these sound exceptionally good. They are very balanced and dare I say almost bright. Comparing to all the latest Sony headphones I have owned these are by far way more balanced sounding. I can see how people who have grown used to the bigger darker sound signatures of Sony will think these are "not as good/dynamic" but this more about preference than actual technical ability. For me this is much more enjoyable.

Hopefully someone can explain if I am using LDAC wrong or confirm my finding. If I am doing it right, Sony will need to fix this.

But the LDAC issue aside I am quite happy using AAC and am not as hung up on codecs like I used to be. In my experience the codec is the least important aspect of a BT product, driver configuration and tuning are far more important.

Anyone know where to go to turn off the audible beeps when the buds switch from different modes like ANC and Ambient? Never mind I found the setting and turned off the notification.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #46,377 of 62,551
The Linkbuds S definitely have scaled back bass compared to the WF-1000XM3 and from all accounts the 1000XM4, these actually sound pretty close to the Samsung Buds Pro but with a Sony leaning in regards to house sound.

Sub-bass is a bit lacking with no EQ being used. Will see if this can be improved via EQ. But to be honest I don't have a ton of songs that require sub-bass while I have a ton of songs that require good mids and treble. So given a choice I would take this current signature over a darker bassy signature.

Jun 28, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #46,378 of 62,551
Ok so my LDAC issue must have been a one off as they are not doing that now. Maybe had to do with them just getting updated or something.

Jun 28, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #46,379 of 62,551
Some quick impressions of ANC, Ambient, and adaptive features.

The ANC is excellent, as effective as anything I have owned so far. Can not compare against the 1000XM4 but these are as good as I will ever need.

The ambient mode works very well and I like the varying degree of it, as it allows me to set a location such as home with some ambience so I hear when someone is trying to talk to me but not so much that everysound is heard. I then have talk to speak feature enabled so as soon as I answer my music stops and full ambient mode kicks in.

The adaptive mode works, I was able to change the walk setting from ambient 12 to nothing and the setting took. I also switched it to ANC and that worked. I like that it can be adjusted and remembered so when its really windy I can just set to nothing when walking or running.

I have been wearing these for about 3hrs and they are so easy to forget and just enjoy the music. Will see if I can side sleep in them tonight!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #46,380 of 62,551
Received the Yamaha TW-E7Bs today from Amazon Japan. Yeah, these are the ones to get. If you're willing to deal with the extra cost, get the 7B. Similar in fit, but they seem to fit me better than the 5B. Soft coating too whereas the 5B are plastic. I can hear the difference with the bigger drivers right way. Beautify clarity. Similar wide soundstage. ANC is okay, haven't tested much. Definitely blocks fan noise here at the home office. But I didn't buy them for ANC. That's just an extra perk to me. Case doesn't have Qi charging which is a bummer, but not a deal breaker. The 7B have in-ear detection. The 5B do not. I'm really glad Yamaha upped the ante here and made some great buds. A far cry from the first gen models. Still missing a few things as mentioned but IMO worth the price. Listening to some Mother Love Bone and the new Ghost and these 7B are a lot of fun.
Any word on the sports model ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back