Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #45,916 of 62,321
There are some hurdles but battery contacts and mics should be out towards the edge for the mics to pick up better and shouldn't really change with the custom portion unless you are trying for a flush fit. I don't see flush fit being the choice though for those reasons and for ease of insertion and removal.

You guys putting out a better universal TWS anytime soon??

So, then you are gonna get those iReep stage enhancing tips for the EX and go to the next level right?? :)
Only if it was that easy...! It's already a tetris figuring out battery, driver and PCBA inside for custom-fit. New universal TWS needs a lot of planning... We haven't got anything ready to share at this point.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #45,917 of 62,321
Apologies for side tracking.
I got this case (arriving today) and I can’t get it around my head why it is so cheap (~4$). Even on AliExpress, same model costs 13+$
44F26CD3-D186-4E60-81F2-4F10EE523BE4.jpeg
Getting back a little on-topic, the huge case shows you just why I bought Bose QC TWS… it also, like the over ears Sony XM3 and Bose 700 have a big flaw: you can’t just put them on your head and immediately listen like a TWS. The Sony XMs are a particular annoyance with the finger catching hinge, rotation, moving the creaky headband to the right position, switching them on and waiting for them to connect.

The AirPods Max don’t have that problem in the travel sleeve. Just take them out the sleeve, open the bra, and put them on the head. Sadly, as has been mentioned, that’s only if you regularly charge them… just like the EX.

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #45,918 of 62,321
Just got the melomania audio touch....already returning 🙂 Bluetooth is two separate connections, and just kept getting the pop-up that says 'Incorrect Pin'...which Google says would require me to delete all Bluetooth devices connected to my phone and reset my bluetooth. So.....yeah. Just a heads-up to any potential buyers out there.
That’s a strange one. I had the CA MT before and had multiple issues but BT asking for pin wasn’t one of them and first time seeing it, but yeah they do have two separate BT connections.

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #45,919 of 62,321
That’s a strange one. I had the CA MT before and had multiple issues but BT asking for pin wasn’t one of them and first time seeing it, but yeah they do have two separate BT connections.
Admittedly it happened after I saw there was two connections and had my phone forget them because I thought it was a bug, but that's never caused another pair to have this issue.....

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #45,920 of 62,321
Btw, fun fact that most people who obsess about codecs don't know that their aptX, aptx HD or LDAC transmission actually happens to one earpiece only. Because unless you have a phone / TWS combo which supports synchronous streaming to both earpieces (Qualcomm's proprietary TWS+ technology, still used by just a small minority of configurations) , only the streaming from your phone to the master earpiece will use aptX, aptx HD or LDAC compression. The secondary transmission, however, from your master earpiece to the slave earpiece, will always use ... guess what? ... high bitrate SBC.
9jpx3U3.png
Sorry to be late on this… This is no longer as true as it was as there are now many different proprietary ways to send audio to the two sides that don’t involve primary/secondary SBC audio transmission between the two over NFMI. For example my 1More Evos don’t do this on LDAC.

At least LE-Audio will sort this out for LE-Audio transmission in a standard and more efficient way.

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #45,921 of 62,321
Just got the melomania audio touch....already returning 🙂 Bluetooth is two separate connections, and just kept getting the pop-up that says 'Incorrect Pin'...which Google says would require me to delete all Bluetooth devices connected to my phone and reset my bluetooth. So.....yeah. Just a heads-up to any potential buyers out there.

Admittedly it happened after I saw there was two connections and had my phone forget them because I thought it was a bug, but that's never caused another pair to have this issue.....
I have had mine since almost launch, and have never seen that error; for myself, nor others complaining about.

I am not sure about it asking for a pin, but the rest sounds like user error (no offense intended). There WILL be a MT right connection and a MT left connection saved in your BT connections. If it doesn't automatically connect when pulling them out of the case, you need only click on one of them to connect, and it will connect to both. I think it might say this in the manual if you are still interested.

IIRC it doesn't connect to both at the same time. It will connect to one as the main, then the IEM will connect to the other one. The reason there are two connections is because when the main gets too far off in battery life (from the other), it will swap to the other as the main.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #45,922 of 62,321
Hi everyone. Bit of a dilemma here. I'm looking for a set of bluetooth headphones that have a wire connecting them so that I can just drape them around my neck when not using them. I do have a pair of TWS (Jabra 75t), but I often don't bring the case since although it's on the smaller end of TWS cases, it's still quite bulky in the trouser pocket department. So often, when I need to take them out, I don't have anywhere to put them.

I thought about getting something like the Soundpeats Q35 or Beats Flex but then I realised I could get any wired IEM and get a bluetooth cable like the KZ bluetooth 5.0. The only issue I can see with this is that I will be hesitant to let the IEMs dangle around my neck knowing then might disconnect and fall. I was wondering if there are any solutions to this or perhaps something like the Soundpeats or Beats would be the best way to go. Or any other alternatives apart from the aforementioned two that also can click together magnetically and are permanently attached to the wire too.

Thanks.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #45,923 of 62,321
https://www.us.jvc.com/headphones/wireless_earbuds/ha_a30t/

On the US JVC site now. They sound like they will be solid. Enough features and seems the selling points are the size and SQ. They can do a bunch with LL mode and ANC, ambient, call mute, and on board bass boost etc. Things like the ANC and calls seem to be fine but not gonna be up with the best just useful. Seems like really good connection, solid touch implementation and two worthwhile SQ reviews say they are much better than the first $99 JVC ANC and the other, while not very descriptive, did give these 5 stars in relation to the Liberty 3 pro. Should be a good budget option if the focus is fit, function, and SQ and you don't expect great ANC.

Hi everyone. Bit of a dilemma here. I'm looking for a set of bluetooth headphones that have a wire connecting them so that I can just drape them around my neck when not using them. I do have a pair of TWS (Jabra 75t), but I often don't bring the case since although it's on the smaller end of TWS cases, it's still quite bulky in the trouser pocket department. So often, when I need to take them out, I don't have anywhere to put them.

I thought about getting something like the Soundpeats Q35 or Beats Flex but then I realised I could get any wired IEM and get a bluetooth cable like the KZ bluetooth 5.0. The only issue I can see with this is that I will be hesitant to let the IEMs dangle around my neck knowing then might disconnect and fall. I was wondering if there are any solutions to this or perhaps something like the Soundpeats or Beats would be the best way to go. Or any other alternatives apart from the aforementioned two that also can click together magnetically and are permanently attached to the wire too.

Thanks.
I would think a MMCX BT cable would not fall off since they click in quite securely.

You could get the AT-Sport90BT since they are a good deal at current prices. They do magnetically attach. They do have 4GB of internal memory and play tunes themselves. They do have an amp that makes them sound quite nice. They are big and they are older so the battery life is nothing special. They also need better tips than they come with. They ambient is usable but has noticeable white noise but not many even have ambient so still a plus. Think you can still find them on Amazon for around $40. I got a used pair for $21 off Amazon and they have served me well. Not for everyone but worth a look.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #45,924 of 62,321

Thanks.

https://www.us.jvc.com/headphones/wireless_earbuds/ha_a30t/

On the US JVC site now. They sound like they will be solid. Enough features and seems the selling points are the size and SQ. They can do a bunch with LL mode and ANC, ambient, call mute, and on board bass boost etc. Things like the ANC and calls seem to be fine but not gonna be up with the best just useful. Seems like really good connection, solid touch implementation and two worthwhile SQ reviews say they are much better than the first $99 JVC ANC and the other, while not very descriptive, did give these 5 stars in relation to the Liberty 3 pro. Should be a good budget option if the focus is fit, function, and SQ and you don't expect great ANC.

I would think a MMCX BT cable would not fall off since they click in quite securely.

You could get the AT-Sport90BT since they are a good deal at current prices. They do magnetically attach. They do have 4GB of internal memory and play tunes themselves. They do have an amp that makes them sound quite nice. They are big and they are older so the battery life is nothing special. They also need better tips than they come with. They ambient is usable but has noticeable white noise but not many even have ambient so still a plus. Think you can still find them on Amazon for around $40. I got a used pair for $21 off Amazon and they have served me well. Not for everyone but worth a look.

The fiio neckband seems pretty decent as well.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #45,925 of 62,321

Yeah you're right. TBH I've only had a few IEMs, a few being MMCX and one being 2 pin (BL03). The MMCX connectors were quite hard to disconnect, sometimes requiring considerable effort! Not sure if this goes for all 2 pin connections, but I often found the BLO3's disconnected from the cable.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that AT looks a bit dated. I'm now thinking of a Timeless with something like the KZ bluetooth cable (unless there's something better?).

Otherwise still considering permanently attached wired bluetooth IEMs, but I guess none will come close to the above setup.

On a side note, what even is the specific term for these types of IEMs where there's a wire between them but they're bluetooth? I'm finding it's quite hard to get good results from google searches because I get a mix of everything.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #45,927 of 62,321
Yeah you're right. TBH I've only had a few IEMs, a few being MMCX and one being 2 pin (BL03). The MMCX connectors were quite hard to disconnect, sometimes requiring considerable effort! Not sure if this goes for all 2 pin connections, but I often found the BLO3's disconnected from the cable.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that AT looks a bit dated. I'm now thinking of a Timeless with something like the KZ bluetooth cable (unless there's something better?).

Otherwise still considering permanently attached wired bluetooth IEMs, but I guess none will come close to the above setup.

On a side note, what even is the specific term for these types of IEMs where there's a wire between them but they're bluetooth? I'm finding it's quite hard to get good results from google searches because I get a mix of everything.

That would probably be a bad choice. I might stay away from planars for BT and not with something as weak in power as a KZ cable. You'd want an amp chip or chips in a cable that will drive things not sound dull and compressed cause they are underpowered. You'll think the Blon sound better. :)

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #45,928 of 62,321
That would probably be a bad choice. I might stay away from planars for BT and not with something as weak in power as a KZ cable. You'd want an amp chip or chips in a cable that will drive things not sound dull and compressed cause they are underpowered. You'll think the Blon sound better. :)

Ah right, so it would need something more powerful like a BTR3 or Qudelix 5K? Or what about a more substantial neckband like the Fiio LCBT2?

And what about those ear hook style bluetooth adapters. I think I remember seeing some people on here using the Timeless with them.

Sorry, not really clued up about this stuff.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #45,929 of 62,321
Ah right, so it would need something more powerful like a BTR3 or Qudelix 5K? Or what about a more substantial neckband like the Fiio LCBT2?

And what about those ear hook style bluetooth adapters. I think I remember seeing some people on here using the Timeless with them.

Sorry, not really clued up about this stuff.
Yep, the BT amps would be best. The latest FiiO adapters have some power. You'd have to track down those owners and see what they say. I've seen a couple of those posts but worth checking if it worked out or if they moved on and why.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #45,930 of 62,321
Yep, the BT amps would be best. The latest FiiO adapters have some power. You'd have to track down those owners and see what they say. I've seen a couple of those posts but worth checking if it worked out or if they moved on and why.

Yeah just been doing some research and it seems a few are happy with the FiiO UTWS5. It seems there must be something similarly powerful in cable form, but not as big as the LCBT2.

Just posted the question on the Timeless thread, but otherwise on the lookout for a powerful cable bluetooth adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back