Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 8, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #45,136 of 62,457
The fitment is really an issue, this is the reason we need custom TWS.
When is someone making one?
Noble said they can make a Prestige model, but it wouldn't be a Fokus Pro IIRC

May 8, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #45,137 of 62,457
Can anyone with the XM4s, AZ60s and the momentum TW3 make a group foto to compare size? Sony are quite big, technics too and the sennheisers are smaller if I'm right?

May 8, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #45,138 of 62,457
Anybody else have an opinion on the fit of the Noble Fokus Pros?

From what I've seen, most of the reviewers said they're comfortable, but the last 2 comments here haven't been positive for comfort. Is discomfort more likely for users with smaller ears?
Tips make the largest difference. Some tip brands are more comfortable than others. I can use tips that came with, but become uncomfortable after an hour. Better long term feel with spiral dots or the tips that came with my Audeze Euclid. Love the Fokus Pro. Deeper fit than XM4, so tip choice means a lot. Sound better than my Falcon Pro as well.

May 8, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #45,139 of 62,457
I can't remember if you said you've tried the Noble Fokus Pros, or do you just mean fit is an issue in general, without custom molds?
Having used custom iems in the past, nothing beats the fit and passive noise canceling.
The cable is the real issue as I use an iPhone for my music which is mainly Spotify and YouTube at times.

May 8, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #45,140 of 62,457
Quick question to Pi7 owners: I have small auditory canals and the fit with the Sony XM3 was not great at all. Would the Pi7 be a good fit for my small ears ? Thanks !

May 8, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #45,141 of 62,457
Quick question to Pi7 owners: I have small auditory canals and the fit with the Sony XM3 was not great at all. Would the Pi7 be a good fit for my small ears ? Thanks !
For me, it's a smaller less intrusive fit. I put on some ePro tips and they seal nicely. They definitely do not go deep into your canal like some. I always hated the fit of the XM3. They did fix that issue with the XM4. If you can, pick up the PI7 from someplace with a great return policy, like Amazon. I love mine, just wish they had volume controls and the ability to go from ANC to Transparency with a tap of a button. Can't control these things. But they're great sounding buds and I use mine often.

May 8, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #45,143 of 62,457
Yes, I know the price can cause hesitation, but think about all the layers of business/costs a tws goes through by the time it reaches the consumers hands.

Parts have margins placed on them

The subcontracted oe manufacturer has margin

The manufacturer/brand has margin

The distributor has margin

The dealer has margin

Shipping has margin

Considering all the above, the parts used in a budget tws, I would imagine would = a fraction of the shelf price.

The point is, one can expect superior parts to be used in a $300+ boutique level tws. (One can only hope and I can really only speak for Noble)

We operate in smaller volumes, use quality parts, and have slim margins. But this is our competitive strategy, do what other companies are not willing to do. We chip away on the side lines, and by doing so our products hold their own against larger companies.

Its a slow slog, but it's what we do.
You don't have to convince me. It's the other guy :wink: I'm just curious about the driver config in the Fokus H-ANC.

May 8, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #45,144 of 62,457

I believe you will be OK with the Pi7, I have several tws and none fits me so well as the PI7. No pain in my ears, low insertion and a great isolation. I try several but I always come back to them and I love the sound also, I can say those are my actual favorite

May 8, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #45,145 of 62,457
So, Mr. Always-late-to-the-Party finally caved in and got those AZ60 .. and yes, the hype is real! Not sure why I did not recognize them for what they are when I tested them briefly at e-earphone a few months back ... ah well, this way I got a fair / used price at HardOff :D

Next I guess will be the MTW3 ... still waiting for a chance to check then out, they will be released here on the 20th ...

Fun fact, I was checking where Sennheiser actually have their HQ in Germany .. and it is only 1h away from where I grew up :)

As for those 1more EVO .. I think I will sit those out .. I have more 1more stuff than I need, the pistons pro and the azure comfobuds pro hardly get any playtime. The minis are kinda fun, but still a smidge too big for side sleeping .. and the ComfoZ are crapping on the battery front ... I have been using them nealry nightly for half year now and left side can only play for about an hour now ... supposed to go longer with the pre-stored soothing sounds via BLE, but those are 'eh' ... I wish they come with an updated version of the Z which bigger battery (in same form factor)
I have the 1More Evos which I just bought today. Once I charge and play with them a bit I’ll let you know more.

Initial impressions of the case, style and comfort are good. The software update went very smoothly. I’m hopeful these will be at least as good as the L3Pro which I like but after being my daily driver for 5 months the wingtips don’t stay and are now uncomfortable, with the resulting decrease in ANC and sound quality.

More in about a day.

May 8, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #45,146 of 62,457
I have the 1More Evos which I just bought today. Once I charge and play with them a bit I’ll let you know more.

Initial impressions of the case, style and comfort are good. The software update went very smoothly. I’m hopeful these will be at least as good as the L3Pro which I like but after being my daily driver for 5 months the wingtips don’t stay and are now uncomfortable, with the resulting decrease in ANC and sound quality.

More in about a day.
Awesome! Looking forward to your impressions.

May 8, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #45,147 of 62,457
Anybody else have an opinion on the fit of the Noble Fokus Pros?

From what I've seen, most of the reviewers said they're comfortable, but the last 2 comments here haven't been positive for comfort. Is discomfort more likely for users with smaller ears?
The larger nozzles are rough for me. Mest didn't work for me either. Tried all the tips, which is a bummer because they sound great. If you want them, let me know. 3 weeks old and I'll do 250.

May 8, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #45,148 of 62,457
Sales-wise the Sony Linkbuds must have been a flop if they are already talking about releasing the Linkbuds S after only 3 months on the market. Or maybe they were planning it all along to cover both sides of the fence???

All I can say is that the reviews from some of the idiots from the commercial review sites hasn't helped. I mean they all say that they are really light in bass, and don't sound great. Of course, most of them didn't bother reading the manual; the part that shows a nice picture that actually shows correct insertion... :) Maybe they are right, and Sony made something way too complicated to properly enjoy?! LOL

I, for one don't like where they are going with the new design. As mentioned earlier, they look WAY too much like the XM4 TWS, and am not sure why they didn't just name them as such?! Besides the fact that the Linkbus are the only ones they make that are ACTUALLY earbuds. :smiley:

May 8, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #45,149 of 62,457
Sales-wise the Sony Linkbuds must have been a flop if they are already talking about releasing the Linkbuds S after only 3 months on the market. Or maybe they were planning it all along to cover both sides of the fence???

All I can say is that the reviews from some of the idiots from the commercial review sites hasn't helped. I mean they all say that they are really light in bass, and don't sound great. Of course, most of them didn't bother reading the manual; the part that shows a nice picture that actually shows correct insertion... :) Maybe they are right, and Sony made something way too complicated to properly enjoy?! LOL

I, for one don't like where they are going with the new design. As mentioned earlier, they look WAY too much like the XM4 TWS, and am not sure why they didn't just name them as such?! Besides the fact that the Linkbus are the only ones they make that are ACTUALLY earbuds. :smiley:
Mad isn't it. I watched those videos and just facepalmed. The instructions are literally the first thing you see, they're printed on the flap that you have to push down to remove the case. Anyone reviewing tech who can't even be bothered to RTFM can do one as far as I'm concerned.

The Linkbuds S is another example of a vendor just exhausting a decent but not groundbreaking idea. Just like FIIL with the CC Pro, Omthing with the Airfree Pro, 1More with, well, every release, etc)

May 8, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #45,150 of 62,457

More in about a day.
Indeed keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back