Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 7, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #45,122 of 62,437
Any issues within reason, for example, leaving them in your pockets and putting then through a wash cycle isn't something that we could address.
That would never happen. All I'm looking for is the product to work as it's intended to.

So far I haven't had any real issues to speak of, with any of the numerous TWS Earphones I've tested, so hopefully the Fokus Pros will be fine, and I'm really curious about this stellar sound that people keep mentioning!

May 7, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #45,123 of 62,437
I received my FoKus Pro a few weeks ago, and unfortunately couldn't get the right bud to connect (it worked perfectly with pairing process, but no sound out of right side). Cannot rule out an issue with my phone (kinda old Note9), as I've had some BT issues lately in car, but it's worked fine with other tws and very many BT speakers (I design/build my own). And, it also was not a great fit, but I feared that because my ears are small and maybe wierd. I'll say the Noble fp are probably the best, and definitely the most beautiful, tws I've seen, so I think they'd be great for most people, so not intending to make a negative statement or review of them (the left earbud SQ seemed as it would be very good, but hard to judge without full stereo). Hoping some day they can cram all that tech and multi-drivers in an even smaller shell though that will fit my small ears. :frowning2:
Seems like that may be a defective unit, if your phone works with other TWS Earphones. Did you test the Fokus Pros with any other devices?

That's too bad about the sizing issue. Fit definitely seems to be one of the most individualistic things when it comes to earphones.

May 7, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #45,124 of 62,437
Dude, just get them. I promise you won't be disappointed by the sound. They are top notch :beerchug:

Yes, I know the price can cause hesitation, but think about all the layers of business/costs a tws goes through by the time it reaches the consumers hands.

Parts have margins placed on them

The subcontracted oe manufacturer has margin

The manufacturer/brand has margin

The distributor has margin

The dealer has margin

Shipping has margin

Considering all the above, the parts used in a budget tws, I would imagine would = a fraction of the shelf price.

The point is, one can expect superior parts to be used in a $300+ boutique level tws. (One can only hope and I can really only speak for Noble)

We operate in smaller volumes, use quality parts, and have slim margins. But this is our competitive strategy, do what other companies are not willing to do. We chip away on the side lines, and by doing so our products hold their own against larger companies.

Its a slow slog, but it's what we do.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 7, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #45,127 of 62,437
The price is a hell of a lot today this late in the day for a mid-range chipset about to be superseded by one that can do 24/96 and have SnapDragon Sound etc., it is a no go for me.
I'm sure better chipsets are on the horizon, but I wonder if 96 KHz would really be beneficial for TWS Earphones, especially with the technology at this point in time. I'd think that wired earphones would be preferable for such high sampling rates, but I'd be curious to know if the new Snapdragon Sound spec will make a noticeable difference for TWS.

I think a 24 bit depth, and a 48 KHz sampling rate, is still a pretty high level of resolution.

And like it was mentioned previously in this thread, even with the new Snapdragon Sound chipset, if the rest of the parts aren't quality, then the product as a whole isn't going to cut it, i.e.:

Btw, I've been testing the QCY T18 this week. Interesting thing about these is that they are the first to use the QCC3050 chip, which not only supports multipoint and AptX adaptive 96k, but also supports aptX voice on Snapdragon 865+ phones, doubling the bandwidth available for calls.

Which is all well and good on paper, but in implementation, unless I've got a duff pair, they're utter crap. Bass distorts the moment you nudge it up in wavelet, it crackles in Audible unless you select 96k which is a real ballache as you can't do it in the app like you can with Edifier. I have an 865 phone and the calls are crap, no better than any average set of earbuds and some way short of Edifier NeoBuds or OnePlus Buds Pro, and no obvious way of knowing aptX voice is actually being used.

The only saving grace is the multipoint is flawless!

In fact, they're so bad I'm going to have to buy another set through Amazon and just send them back if they do the same. Both sets at this rate!

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #45,128 of 62,437
Well yes and we already have LDAC that is 24/96 but it is still lossy and aptX Adaptive is 24/96 on the new Chipsets (up from 24/48) and even then, it is not as good as wired even if it was 24/192k (LDAC will support someday) it would still be lossy due to compression/conversion.

They claim the new chipsets will give up "more actual CD like sound"

Amazon Music HD sounds pretty good on my PC at 24/192k (Wired) via FiiO FH7's and over BT with LDAC (BTA 30 PRO+FiiO Neckband+FH3's) though it is limited to 24/96.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #45,129 of 62,437
Well yes and we already have LDAC that is 24/96 but it is still lossy and aptX Adaptive is 24/96 on the new Chipsets (up from 24/48) and even then, it is not as good as wired even if it was 24/192k (LDAC will support someday) it would still be lossy due to compression/conversion.

They claim the new chipsets will give up "more actual CD like sound"

Amazon Music HD sounds pretty good on my PC at 24/192k (Wired) via FiiO FH7's and over BT with LDAC (BTA 30 PRO+FiiO Neckband+FH3's) though it is limited to 24/96.
I guess it won't be long now if the QCC3050 Chipset is coming on the market.

It'll be interesting to see how products using the QCC3050 compete with the sound quality of products like the Noble Fokus Pros.

I would be interested in checking out the Geekfly gf10s, but those don't even have AptX compatibility.

May 8, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #45,130 of 62,437
Quite a fairly priced mid-range earbuds used the flagship Chipset not the QCC3040, it was QCC51XX or such Ally Cleer and Tronsmart even used them.

So far, the earbuds I have seen that claim to be out soon are using the QCC3056 Chipset, AFAIR it needs be the QCC307X to support LE audio.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #45,131 of 62,437
May 8, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #45,132 of 62,437
Personally, I will be keeping my Fokus Pro, XM4s, and AKG N400s (yardwork). Might keep my AZ60s too, but that will be a future decision. What am I saying, everything is for sale for the right price :D
All solid choices, but my fokus don't fit great. The large nozzle is uncomfortable so I'll be letting mine go.

May 8, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #45,133 of 62,437
All solid choices, but my fokus don't fit great. The large nozzle is uncomfortable so I'll be letting mine go.
Anybody else have an opinion on the fit of the Noble Fokus Pros?

From what I've seen, most of the reviewers said they're comfortable, but the last 2 comments here haven't been positive for comfort. Is discomfort more likely for users with smaller ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back