Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 1, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #44,866 of 62,747
OK, but will it sound like - or better - than the Pro? I thought the whole point of the Pro was for it to be all about sound?

I don't use ANC anyway - never had the need, and from previous tests it just degrades sound quality anyway. So far, the only thing I'd like the Pro to have is an IP rating to allow use in rain etc. Oh, and maybe for it be easier to get them out of their case - they are quite tricky to get a grip on with my sausage fingers....
I couldn't get many details on the Fokus H-ANC, but I believe it's waterproof, and it should sound better than the Noble Falcon. Going by the photos posted in this thread, it looks like it'll be easy to pry the Fokus H-ANC out of the case, due to their shape.

Hopefully it won't be long to wait for the Fokus H-ANC!

May 1, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #44,867 of 62,747
I couldn't get many details on the Fokus H-ANC, but I believe it's waterproof, and it should sound better than the Noble Falcon. Going by the photos posted in this thread, it looks like it'll be easy to pry the Fokus H-ANC out of the case, due to their shape.

Hopefully it won't be long to wait for the Fokus H-ANC!

I haven't heard the Falcon - I was asking about the Fokus Pro though. In other words, will the Fokus ANC sound better than the Pro?

May 1, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #44,869 of 62,747
PI7 battery is like 4hrs, right? After a year of use, it would drop so probably not worth it IMO. However I don't use ANC.

I will look into Klipsch. XM4 seems to stick out too far from what people have said. Are the two better than the AZ60?
Why does it matter? Turn ANC off its like 4.5/5hours. They fast charge from the case anyway. For most users 4.5 hours is total overkill when the case holds 20hrs and fast charges the buds...I get there are use cases where its not enough, but they're few and far between. Li ion battery degradation is like 20% over 2-3 years, even then itll be plenty.

May 1, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #44,870 of 62,747
Here's a nice success story from Amazon Market place: The Bose SSF have been among my first and most loved TWS ... i got the first set used from e-earphone back in the day and somehow it died after 1 year of extensive use / abuse .. so I got another set ... this one also was heavily used and developed charging issues .. which now I am pretty sure has to do with ample sweat and unclean-able residue on the charging contacts ... and / or heat / moisture getting in there ... fast fwd to 2022 and I spot a 'Used - very good' set on marketplace for like 60$ .. in orange .. always wanted orange ... and wow, not only does is come in original, pristine looking package. The previous owner never opened the small / large Stay Hear wing pouches, everything is super clean .. and today I finally did a battery test, my biggest concern ... and I got a very healthy 3h50 before I got the 10% warning beep ... nice!

Those are still very very great sounding .. though not having ANC is a bit strange now ...

May 1, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #44,872 of 62,747
I haven't heard the Falcon - I was asking about the Fokus Pro though. In other words, will the Fokus ANC sound better than the Pro?
Fokus Pro definitely sounded better to me than the Falcon Pro. The standard Falcon was their entry level model. So, 1. Fokus Pro, 2. Falcon Pro, 3. Falcon. No one knows the driver config of the Fokus ANC yet. Email Jim at Noble. Super kind and informative guy. Maybe he'll show their hand since we all know other specs have been leaked.

May 1, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #44,873 of 62,747
Will blow the Sony's away going by what I read about the SQ as they are never about SQ, but ANC, I did not like the WF-1000XM4 period (at launch).

I ordered the Falcon 2 (Noble Audio NOB-FALCON2-B)< is this a Revision? for £139, I am not going to pay £300+ for the Pro's this late in the day for a QCC3040 based set of buds without any of the new BT 5.3 improvements we are soon to see (plus I not like that blue bling, prefer plain black) and buttons.

You will probably soon see a Fokus H-ANC PRO model @ £350-399 soon.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #44,874 of 62,747
Here's a nice success story from Amazon Market place: The Bose SSF have been among my first and most loved TWS ... i got the first set used from e-earphone back in the day and somehow it died after 1 year of extensive use / abuse .. so I got another set ... this one also was heavily used and developed charging issues .. which now I am pretty sure has to do with ample sweat and unclean-able residue on the charging contacts ... and / or heat / moisture getting in there ... fast fwd to 2022 and I spot a 'Used - very good' set on marketplace for like 60$ .. in orange .. always wanted orange ... and wow, not only does is come in original, pristine looking package. The previous owner never opened the small / large Stay Hear wing pouches, everything is super clean .. and today I finally did a battery test, my biggest concern ... and I got a very healthy 3h50 before I got the 10% warning beep ... nice!

Those are still very very great sounding .. though not having ANC is a bit strange now ...
The magic in these is the soundstage. I’ve yet to hear anything TWS that comes close, including Bose own QC’s.
Noise canceling on these would ruin the open soundstage, not sure it would even work, as these are open back..
Nice find 😃

May 1, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #44,875 of 62,747
Nice lazy Sunday afternoon. What is with you guys? No EX talk or impressions. What is going on here? Nothing to share? :smirk:

May 1, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #44,876 of 62,747
Nice lazy Sunday afternoon. What is with you guys? No EX talk or impressions. What is going on here? Nothing to share? :smirk:
Nothing new other than I've used them nonstop since the day received and still love them. Honeymoon ain't over yet.

May 1, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #44,877 of 62,747

The magic in these is the soundstage. I’ve yet to hear anything TWS that comes close, including Bose own QC’s.
Noise canceling on these would ruin the open soundstage, not sure it would even work, as these are open back..
Nice find 😃

Think this is legit?? https://www.vardon.shop/product/bla...oth-headphones-for-workouts-and-sports-black/

May 1, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #44,878 of 62,747
May 1, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #44,879 of 62,747
Even if it is, I wouldn't pay a penny for those again. They're gigantic, killed my ears and the case was like carrying a stick of dynamite. But hey, I just wasted $99 on a pair of Earin A-3 that showed up effed up. App won't connect with their servers to update the firmware and then this morning one bud won't even power on. Good times!
You walked right into that one. Nobody to blame but yourself lol. :)

May 1, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #44,880 of 62,747
You walked right into that one. Nobody to blame but yourself lol. :)
100%. That said, I was dragged on a shopping excursion with the wife and kid (which was grueling), but listened to a baseball game for three hours. They were awesome for that short time. Heard everything around me, and the game. Game over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back