Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 10, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #44,341 of 62,436
I have spent more money on B&O products then I would like to admit, but these are embarrassing. Way to take the Apple bait. I really hope these aren’t for real. They will BOMB, and sales will be horrendous
I think this is a bit of an overreaction. If they sound anything like the EQ and have good call quality, they will do fine. The stem is just physics. If you want good call quality you need it. B&O has a solid track record of above-average to great products. Let’s see how they sound before condemning them. The colors are cool.

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #44,342 of 62,436
The Beoplay EX look a bit cheap at first glance. Maybe they even want to offer a "cheaper" model with these...

They will, however, likely fit better than the EQ do for many people. Nothing wrong with a stem design per se. My Nothing Ear1 e.g. are one of the most comfortable TWS I've ever used, much more so than the Beoplay EQ. The EQ obviously sound way better but fit and comfort are very important for me. Let's wait and see for how much they will be sold and how good sound and call quality as well as battery life will be.

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #44,343 of 62,436
No doubt that earbuds with a stem are comfortable, most of them have a more shallow fitting (for better or worse). Good for comfortability, not always the best for sound though.
Will also probably improve call quality, but I will echo the sentiment that these do not look premium at all. They look about two years old and does not give any vibes to me that say "these will sound great", but as long as they keep building on what they did with the EQs I bet they will sound great.
Doesn't make them less ugly though, obviously.

Edit: The "sand"/beige color was somewhat nice but it's just their stem looking pretty dated, the way it's flat and square like that. Looks like any of the Airpods Pro clones that try to be "fashionable" (while sounding like ass) and cost around $20-60.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #44,345 of 62,436
Sorry this is not exactly IEM related. Does anyone have any links for some budget bluetooth earbuds? I like the idea of earbuds rather than IEM for situational awareness.

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #44,347 of 62,436
Sorry this is not exactly IEM related. Does anyone have any links for some budget bluetooth earbuds? I like the idea of earbuds rather than IEM for situational awareness.
I have a pair of Cleer Goal for sale for a budget price if you are interested. Really can't beat the price.:)

JVC has a new pair of budget buds... https://www.us.jvc.com/headphones/wireless_earbuds/ha_a3t/
1649707565888.png

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #44,348 of 62,436
This is what happens when the weather gets nice and I have some down time while in the office....I get the itch again...

I know I was among the naysayers when this first came out and I was going to try to wait to see if Samsung releases a new Galaxy Buds Live 2 later this year but the positive feedback about the Sony Linkbuds on here and the pain in my right ear from IEM use has convinced me. Hoping these will let my ears breathe a bit more while in the office and walking around NYC.

Haven't spent much time with them yet but I love how small they are and they feel lighter and obviously more open in the ears vs. the Galaxy Buds Live sound signature is less bass heavy and more to my liking (I mostly used Galaxy Buds Live for calls and not music). This is perfect for use in the office since I can hear when someone is trying to talk to me and they pause when I start talking (really great feature). I can't see myself using them on the train though (will still use my PI7 or SE846 for commuting). If the Linkbuds let me listen to more music during the day and help with the pain in my right ear, I can forgive the lack of wireless charging and will be happy until the next thing comes along.

Photo also included for comparison: Galaxy Buds2, Galaxy Buds Live, Sony Linkbuds, and Shure SE846 with Qudelix 5K (just what I have with me today at the office. Left the TW2 adapter at home today).

Attachments

• PXL_20220411_192202895.jpg
    PXL_20220411_192202895.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220411_210531040.jpg
    PXL_20220411_210531040.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #44,351 of 62,436
Since I am really slowing down in the hobby I have selling much of my stuff. I figure I would ask in here first before making a FS thread about my TWS. Thinking about selling my CKS50TW for $100 plus shipping since it is here in the US now for $149 plus tax.

Also have My Aviot and JVC as well as the Cleer that has a thread already. If anyone is interested in anything you know what to do!

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #44,353 of 62,436
So today I just received my $47 AKG N400nc and these are a complete steal at this price. I don’t know how or why they are selling them this low but they are definitely well worth $47 plus tax. Anyone that likes the Harmon target needs to try these. These are definitely an improved Samsung Galaxy Buds. I’m terms of just the SQ these are the best true wireless buds I’ve used. Better sounding than the XM3/4, the 1st 3 Galaxy buds, the lypertek Tevi, Melomania Touch, and AirPods Pro.

Apr 11, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #44,355 of 62,436
LThis is what happens when the weather gets nice and I have some down time while in the office....I get the itch again...

I know I was among the naysayers when this first came out and I was going to try to wait to see if Samsung releases a new Galaxy Buds Live 2 later this year but the positive feedback about the Sony Linkbuds on here and the pain in my right ear from IEM use has convinced me. Hoping these will let my ears breathe a bit more while in the office and walking around NYC.

Haven't spent much time with them yet but I love how small they are and they feel lighter and obviously more open in the ears vs. the Galaxy Buds Live sound signature is less bass heavy and more to my liking (I mostly used Galaxy Buds Live for calls and not music). This is perfect for use in the office since I can hear when someone is trying to talk to me and they pause when I start talking (really great feature). I can't see myself using them on the train though (will still use my PI7 or SE846 for commuting). If the Linkbuds let me listen to more music during the day and help with the pain in my right ear, I can forgive the lack of wireless charging and will be happy until the next thing comes along.

Photo also included for comparison: Galaxy Buds2, Galaxy Buds Live, Sony Linkbuds, and Shure SE846 with Qudelix 5K (just what I have with me today at the office. Left the TW2 adapter at home today

Can someone recommend a nice custom EQ for the liberty 3 pro?
you need additional eq aside from the auto calibrating thingy they have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back