Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #39,466 of 62,402
I recommend you all to try out Earfun Free Pro gen1 with Oluv EQ settings (you need to subscribe to his Patreon for a month). As a Stax guy, I found that these sound pretty cheap and bloated out of the box and to be honest I couldn't continue listening session more than 10 minutes at first. However, with some EQ tricks it sounds way better than the most tws in ears out there including the most expensive ones. Just my 2 cents.

One thing to clarify I believe all the Earfun TWS are made by Fiil but the Earfun variations don't have an app while most if not all of Fiil TWS have a nice app with full eq, presets and some other features such as Low Latency, touch control sensitivity adjuster and a few more.
The Oluv edition doesn't have a Fiil equivalent though, so iOS users are out of luck if that's needed.

Just thought I'll throw it out there since to me no app is a big deal and I think more and more brands should be pushed to release a decent app with their TWS and not just for the features in the app but also for future firmware updates.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #39,467 of 62,402
Are you still using the Sennheiser CX 400BT?
I do still have the CX400BT. I don't mind it's something new but the reality is it is a warmer signature so might be the AZ60 for the most part in regards to signature.

The 2 features I like about the AZ60 I don't have with any TWS at the moment are multipoint connectivity and LDAC and both are nice to have versus requires. To be blunt I don't find LDAC nearly as game changing as it is supposed to be. The multipoint would be nice though so I could use my PC for teams while playing music from my phone.

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #39,468 of 62,402
I do still have the CX400BT. I don't mind it's something new but the reality is it is a warmer signature so might be the AZ60 for the most part in regards to signature.

The 2 features I like about the AZ60 I don't have with any TWS at the moment are multipoint connectivity and LDAC and both are nice to have versus requires. To be blunt I don't find LDAC nearly as game changing as it is supposed to be. The multipoint would be nice though so I could use my PC for teams while playing music from my phone.
I was thinking about the CX 400BT because personally I thought the AZ60 will be sort of similar in terms of sound signature just with added features but I could be completely wrong.
One thing that I had to get used with the CX 400BT is that the mids are not ‘in your face’ and they are like over the ear headphones in terms of imagining.
I’m one of those odd dudes who often prefers IEMs over full size headphones, however I took the CX 400BT for a walk downtown today and they isolate well and sound awesome. They lack features but I knew that when bought them.

Despite being very happy with my current rotation I still look around but so far nothing specific is on my radar.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #39,471 of 62,402
Ha right side too my friend :frowning2: I’ve accepted this limitation, but it is a little frustrating at this price point.

Man I’m not sure I could even pick between these and the Klipsch II ANC Mcclaren, sound wise. The fit is much better on the Klipsch (for me personally) and i love the controls.

looks like they’re On sale at amazon for $249!

Klipsch T5 II Active Noise Cancelling ANC True Wireless Earphones McLaren Edition with AI Hands-Free Operation, Bluetooth 5.0, Best Fitting Earbuds with Patented Comfort, and a Wireless Charging Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PG4LMPW/
I've had popping on both sides before. I use the SednaEarfit Crystal's and I was using the MS size. I went up one 1/2 size to the Med and I'm not 100% sure but it seems to have cut down the popping some. I only went bigger because I seemed to be getting inconsistent bass response at times. I really didn't notice any popping today but I was in slow motion and I'm normally moving about like a madman.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #39,472 of 62,402
If still on sale when I get paid I might bite.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #39,473 of 62,402
Lazy Saturday morning here so I'm going back and forth between those 60s and the KEFs. I think the 60s have a harsh sibilance with Dynamic Mode in comparison. I'll have to try harder to EQ that out. I just prefer the Dynamic EQ setting best. The KEFs are much more balanced. Listening to this:
and it's just awesome. Can't EQ the KEFs, but they do sound better imo. Sadly, no frills in comparison to all the 60s features.
Are you still placing the Devialet Gemini's as your #1 set for sound quality?

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #39,474 of 62,402
Black friday early deals look underwhelming again this year too, I don't have any expectations for black Friday or cyber monday. Last year was COVID shutdowns and this year is supply shortages. It's too bad.. Hopefully next year things are back on track.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #39,476 of 62,402
So, getting back into the game after a year of using the B&W PX7, and somehow misplacing my Senn MTWs and Aviot Triple drivers while moving house, I am now looking at one of the following as replacements. Appreciate anyone who can give me some advice.

1. Devialet Geminis;
2. Shure Aonic Frees;
3. Noble Fokus Pros;
4. Shure TWS adapter Gen 2 plus Aonic 4 or 5 (not sure which is better but don’t want to go to SE846 as that’s way more than I’m prepared to spend).

I value SQ above all, and bug- free operation. I like to hear clarity of instruments, musicality and listen to a mix of rock and 80-90s British bands. I’m quite sure option 4 is probably the way to go but I like the plug n play of mobile iems, so between 1-3, which would be the better option for SQ?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #39,477 of 62,402
Are you still placing the Devialet Gemini's as your #1 set for sound quality?
TWS sound, yes. But the battery drain issue and getting only 3-4 hours battery life has put them on my back burner.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #39,478 of 62,402
So, getting back into the game after a year of using the B&W PX7, and somehow misplacing my Senn MTWs and Aviot Triple drivers while moving house, I am now looking at one of the following as replacements. Appreciate anyone who can give me some advice.

1. Devialet Geminis;
2. Shure Aonic Frees;
3. Noble Fokus Pros;
4. Shure TWS adapter Gen 2 plus Aonic 4 or 5 (not sure which is better but don’t want to go to SE846 as that’s way more than I’m prepared to spend).

I value SQ above all, and bug- free operation. I like to hear clarity of instruments, musicality and listen to a mix of rock and 80-90s British bands. I’m quite sure option 4 is probably the way to go but I like the plug n play of mobile iems, so between 1-3, which would be the better option for SQ?
Thanks in advance.
I have the TW2 second Gen with the SE846 and they’re euphoric. Also have the Free and I love them. 4, 2 then 1 and I haven’t tried the Fokus YET. They’re on my list.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #39,479 of 62,402
I have the TW2 second Gen with the SE846 and they’re euphoric. Also have the Free and I love them. 4, 2 then 1 and I haven’t tried the Fokus YET. They’re on my list.
Thanks for that, was hoping you’d come online as I’ve done a lot of catching up reading and you seem to have/ had most of the ones I’m looking at!

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #39,480 of 62,402
Thanks for that, was hoping you’d come online as I’ve done a lot of catching up reading and you seem to have/ had most of the ones I’m looking at!
Happy to help! :) If you have Amazon, try them both. Amazon has a great return policy. Both Shure buds have the same control scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back