Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #39,347 of 62,501
Ok busy trying to sell of a bunch of TWS and I bought the WF-C500 just because I was curious how it sounded...

Darn "hobby" is a pain... LOL

Anyway will have to do comparisons but these do sound pretty good out of the box. From memory they are not quite as dark as the WF-1000XM3 and are similar to the WF-X700 but not quite as bass oriented.

Fit wise these are pretty comfy which is good because they use physical buttons that you push in and the right button is a bit on the stiff side.

Definitely a good option for someone on a budget who wants to try Sony and wants sound quality over features.

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #39,348 of 62,501
Wow I just looked up the controls on the EQ, everything is just double taps? That's bizarre. I don't understand why TWS makers don't just follow the same schemes everyone else uses. With single/double/triple/press and hold on both sides you've got 8 different inputs which easily covers play/pause, skip tracks, volume controls and assistant/ANC.

I get especially annoyed when they mirror both sides so you can use all the controls with only one bud in. So, normal listeners, which is most people, most of the time, should have to sacrifice control for people with a niche use case? Ridiculous.

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #39,349 of 62,501
OK interesting results comparing Code Cool by Patricia Barber between the WF1000XM3, WFX700, WFC500.

The bassline was heaviest ever so slightly on the C500, lightest on the X700 and most punchy on the 1000XM3.

Vocals were the brightest on the X700 boardering on being sibilant. The most balanced on the C500 and slightly dark and lacking energy on the 1000XM3. Cymbals were similar with the X700 crossing the line into being sibilant.

With this type Jazz the C500 falls nicely between the darker 1000XM3 and slightly shouty X700.

Switched to Miles Davis Sketches of Spain and was similarly impressed. Great little IEM for Jazz where the added sparkle and detail brings the music to life.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #39,350 of 62,501
Guys im looking for some good earbud style to buy to use with my pc
im interesting in
Xiaomi Redmi buds 3
SOUNDPEATS TrueAir2

Does anyone have tried any of those?
Do you have any sygestions under 50$?

*I already have airpods 2 2019

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #39,352 of 62,501
Ok busy trying to sell of a bunch of TWS and I bought the WF-C500 just because I was curious how it sounded...

Darn "hobby" is a pain... LOL

Anyway will have to do comparisons but these do sound pretty good out of the box. From memory they are not quite as dark as the WF-1000XM3 and are similar to the WF-X700 but not quite as bass oriented.

Fit wise these are pretty comfy which is good because they use physical buttons that you push in and the right button is a bit on the stiff side.

Definitely a good option for someone on a budget who wants to try Sony and wants sound quality over features.
Again, I would have steered you to the Jabra...

Of course he doesn't account for the Jabra having aptX and says the Sony doesn't have sidetone. The Jabra have aptX and the Sony do have sidetone and Sony have now lowered the price so they are the same price now. Even dropped to $80, no ambient is not cool for the Sony. I always get info on the Japanese stuff and am a Sony fan and JVC fan and AT fan going back but I'll tell you when Sony needs to do more or when JVC needs to get their control scheme better or whatever.

Surprised he thought the Jabra sounded wider. Having the Nuarl and AT along with the Jabra that wasn't happening. Those two are soundstage champs and all around bigger in all directions even though the Jabra has a stage no one would complain about. Compared to many even up to $150 they do well in stage.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #39,353 of 62,501
I thought about trying the Jabra Elite 3 since it was only $10 more. It's funny but they are one of the only brand's I have never tried.

At full retail the Jabra is definitely the better value though. I just managed to get the C500 for $89.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #39,354 of 62,501
I thought about trying the Jabra Elite 3 since it was only $10 more. It's funny but they are one of the only brand's I have never tried.

At full retail the Jabra is definitely the better value though. I just managed to get the C500 for $89.
Is that CA? In the US, Elite 3 was always was $80 and the Sony was $100 but dropped real fast this time to $80.

My first time trying a Jabra as well esp. after early reports of them being the best sounding one yet except those who argued about liking more bass in the older versions. I wanted the aptX(for when using my Cowon D3 that only does SBC and aptX) and less bass so I was sold.

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #39,355 of 62,501
I have been a Sony fan for a long time but have to be honest and say I have struggled with alot of their headphones over the past few years as they have gone to such a dark subdued sound signature. They just lose to much of the emotion of the music. I currently own the WH-1000XM3 and WF-1000XM3 and find they are lacking in detail. I also own the WH-910N which I actually prefer for signature over the 1000XM3 and I also had bought the WF-X700 which surprising was not as bassy as the WF-1000XM3 going almost to the other side of the scale and getting a bit sibilant.

Yesterday I bought the WF-C500 and have to say I am very happy with them sonically. This is the first Sony that has found the sweet spot regarding signature at least for me. These just sound more satisfying with big bass, but also decent edge to vocals and instruments without pushing into being too harsh. These also have very good 3D imaging.

They make the decision to sell off both 1000XM3's very easy as I have other ANC options when needed and then these when I want my Sony fix.

Some might find these to edgy but for me they present the music more faithfully. Genres I have tried so far are Classic, Celtic, New Age, Jazz, Hard Rock, Psychodelic Rock, Folk.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #39,356 of 62,501
Is that CA? In the US, Elite 3 was always was $80 and the Sony was $100 but dropped real fast this time to $80.

My first time trying a Jabra as well esp. after early reports of them being the best sounding one yet except those who argued about liking more bass in the older versions. I wanted the aptX(for when using my Cowon D3 that only does SBC and aptX) and less bass so I was sold.
I paid $89CAD, which was $10 cheaper than most retailers who had them on sale for $99CAD.

Nov 14, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #39,358 of 62,501
The Sennheiser MTW2 will give you that Sennheiser sound, for less money the new CX Plus will give you a very similar signature with close to the same features.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #39,360 of 62,501
I frustratingly went for a cycle and my Sennheiser CX case must've slipped out of my pocket. I now have a pair of perfectly functioning 3 month old pair of earphones with no way to charge them. I've contacted Sennheiser and they don't sell the case separately or provide replacements. I'll now probably just wait for the international release of the Beats Fit Pros as I'm so deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem that I'm willing to give up sound quality for convenience and microphone quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back