Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #38,671 of 62,132
Same. Normally I don't return stuff often unless it just didn't meet my expectations, or something is wrong with the item, however at $350 this is quite an investment for an unknown commodity.
They honestly look pretty sweet and I'm warming up to the idea of grabbing them. I'll test the Fokus first and see how that goes. I'm becoming more dependent on ANC in my TWS than I first expected so that may end up being an issue for me.

Oct 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #38,672 of 62,132
Same. Normally I don't return stuff often unless it just didn't meet my expectations, or something is wrong with the item, however at $350 this is quite an investment for an unknown commodity.
Regarding returns, I agree. Returns drive up the cost for everyone; I try to be very judicious.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #38,673 of 62,132
Still waiting on my RMA for my EQs. Been 2 weeks. I called once and they said "up to 10 business days". Any have the same experience? What on earth could take so long?
They may have been busy releasing the more expensive new color (Nordic Ice) :p I did have to call them about my refund today on a set I sent back the first of October. Have not gotten the explanation on that yet. I do like those folks there though, very personable generally.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #38,674 of 62,132
They may have been busy releasing the more expensive new color (Nordic Ice) :p I did have to call them about my refund today on a set I sent back the first of October. Have not gotten the explanation on that yet. I do like those folks there though, very personable generally.
I just got that email. They're certifiable. Charging that much more for a color?!?!

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #38,676 of 62,132
I just got that email. They're certifiable. Charging that much more for a color?!?!
Noooo. You get this with them as well...
OIP.oKxBWyCiJSzpCR3ZyNBDAQHaHa

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #38,677 of 62,132
Oct 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #38,678 of 62,132
Welp, left side on my MT might be done. For past 3 days I have been trying to charge. Red light turns on for about 10 secs then turns off. If I try to use it regardless of whether it's after 15 minutes on charge or next afternoon, it's at 2% battery. Says "battery very low" then turns off in 5 minutes. I tried alcohol swipe to clean, tried re-pairing the connection, fully charged the case even though it already had 3 bars charged.. I don't have anything else I could try.

I'm going to contact CA tonight. Hopefully, they allow RMA, and I'm selling the new ones they send me. It's pretty much either luck of the draw or perhaps TWS mode is better (my phone is Pixel 3 without TWS mode). It could certainly be a good set on the 3rd attempt, but I don't want to push my luck.

I was hoping I could push it back to black Friday. I don't have another pair of TWS though. I guess it's time to begin searching for new TWS..

Damn... Sorry to hear about your CA MT.
Probably a good idea to RMA and sell the new pair.

Oct 21, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #38,681 of 62,132
Good review but these won't be selling like hot cakes.
Bad battery life, big case and huge buds.
Looks like too little too late with a hefty price tag by Hifiman.
Yeah it's a weird experiment that is too expensive to try out at the moment. But if this also gets a 50% discount as the TWS600, then it is back in consideration imo.

Oct 21, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #38,682 of 62,132
Good review but these won't be selling like hot cakes.
Bad battery life, big case and huge buds.
Looks like too little too late with a hefty price tag by Hifiman.
Not really too little too late. These are ancient now by TWS standards. As in my earlier post today this is one of those Chi-Fi brands models that promised audiophile SQ and came and went. The low battery is more okay because of the amp in the same way as the Pi7 but no features and only SBC/AAC and past Hifiman QC control issues and other options keep people away.

Oct 21, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #38,683 of 62,132
Yeah it's a weird experiment that is too expensive to try out at the moment. But if this also gets a 50% discount as the TWS600, then it is back in consideration imo.
Strange product. They are pushing high end bluetooth in their cans yet they produce this TWS with AAC and SBC? Obviously, they don't think codecs matter for TWS. The value to performance ratio for the Deva is off the charts. These look like the opposite. Literally zero interest in these at $299. Edit - $329 gets you the new Deva Pro with full size planar drivers and the bluemini with its tech goodness and LDAC. They sound amazing wireless and even better wired. And $299 gets you these lackluster TWS? I know where my money would go.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #38,684 of 62,132
Strange product. They are pushing high end bluetooth in their cans yet they produce this TWS with AAC and SBC? Obviously, they don't think codecs matter for TWS. The value to performance ratio for the Deva is off the charts. These look like the opposite. Literally zero interest in these at $299. Edit - $329 gets you the new Deva Pro with full size planar drivers and the bluemini with its tech goodness and LDAC. They sound amazing wireless and even better wired. And $299 gets you these lackluster TWS? I know where my money would go.
Not to mention that case would need a case or it will get scratched up. :) Not sure what the reviews said but I'm sure some would be worried about the volume headroom since they are 150ohm .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back