Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #38,551 of 61,381
Lol decided to take the Sony tips off the GBuds Pro and see if the Senn tips would fit as they both seemed to use a short lip to hold the tip. Took some work but the Senn fit and seem to be less likely to come off. They sound pretty good to. Will test them tomorrow.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #38,553 of 61,381
So I connected the L3Ps to my LG V30, which I use as a DAP. Sounds excellent but the Soundcore app, which is installed for the Q30 I own, does not offer the L3P as an option. Only L2P+ an lower models. Am I doing something wrong? But straight up, no EQ using Amazon Music HD. Maybe I need to update the soundcore app. I’l give it a shot.

Update: That worked. Listening via LDAC, to the new Let It Be remix. Sweet.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #38,554 of 61,381
So I connected the L3Ps to my LG V30, which I use as a DAP. Sounds excellent but the Soundcore app, which is installed for the Q30 I own, does not offer the L3P as an option. Only L2P+ an lower models. Am I doing something wrong? But straight up, no EQ using Amazon Music HD. Maybe I need to update the soundcore app. I’l give it a shot.
Update it?

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #38,555 of 61,381
I am using the stock tips, large, will swap around with my big bag of tips and see what happens. Maybe start with the Sony Hybrid tips and go from there :).
What puzzles me about the stock tips is that I’m normally size M but the stock L tips fit me easily and compared to other L tips that I have handy they are smaller.

I don’t have any of the other TWS that you currently have to compare but to me the bass is plenty and doesn’t bleed to the mids and stays in place. Highs are OK and pretty smooth but still come with some sparkle and the overall imagining is very well done creating nice sound stage.

When using the stock tips the bass is good but the whole presentation is like you’re in a concert and sitting too far from the stage and while it feels wide it doesn’t feel right or enjoyable.
With the Fiil tips I feel like I’m right in front of the stage. The sound isn’t in your face but very close to stage like 1st row or so.
I hope it makes sense. :)

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #38,556 of 61,381
This is for Darkestred a page back; hit the wrong button.

I was an M1 owner and tried the MTs but just preferred the form factor of the M1. When the M1+ released, bought them. I admittedly EQ them on the treble side, but they just meet my sound preference. Plus, I love their foam tips and bought 10 pair via Amazon. Can clean and reuse. Unlike Comply. Plus they fit the case. I like click over touch, and at $99 they are a steal. I am messing with the L3P EQ settings abd they are starting to come around. I tried a few higher priced TW phones and for my uses not willing to to past $150. At home, don’t really use in-ears much. If I do, it’s the Ety ER4XR with the ES100 dac. Mainly full sized phones. So that’s my story.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #38,558 of 61,381
Ok put on the Sony tips and it helped the bass a bit but still not to the same level as the other TWS tested. But it did help make them sound more immersive.

But this is just one genre of music and one that relies on sub-bass so not sure I would put to much stock into this one comparison. I will do some more with other songs in other genres as time permits. I am sure the 400BT will fair better with genres like Jazz and older rock music.

But for those who listen to a lot of intense sound tracks from composers like Hans Zimmer, the 400BT might not be a good fit. But the new CX line with bigger bass might be just about perfect...
Bass was very good on 400BT for older rock like Beatles, Pink floyd, simon&garfunkel, queen, bon jovi, etc. Didn't try jazz though.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #38,559 of 61,381
Bass was very good on 400BT for older rock like Beatles, Pink floyd, simon&garfunkel, queen, bon jovi, etc. Didn't try jazz though.
Agreed. The bass is very nice. Not overwhelming which I like but with nice punch. Not the most precise or textured but very pleasing.
I somehow find most TWS to have excessive bass so I’m pretty happy with the CX 400BT.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #38,560 of 61,381
I listen to a lot of that type of rock and yes the 400BT sounds good :). So far the Jazz I have tried also sound good. I will see if I have time to pick a single Jazz tune and do another comparison round tomorrow.

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #38,561 of 61,381
I listen to a lot of that type of rock and yes the 400BT sounds good :). So far the Jazz I have tried also sound good. I will see if I have time to pick a single Jazz tune and do another comparison round tomorrow.

Could it be also that the CX 400BT need some time burn it and settle in? Not sure but I believe my Fiil T1XS needed it and in the Fiil+ app there are cycles of pink noise and tracks vary in length to achieve required time. I’m just not sure if it’s a thing with these TWS.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #38,562 of 61,381
I would have kept the 400bt if the fitting didn't give me so much grief. It was hard to keep in my ear without getting uncomfortable in the ear canal, and it wasn't good for side-sleeping. I should have bought custom eartips back then, but it wouldn't have solved the size issue regardless. It's too bad.

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #38,563 of 61,381
I would have kept the 400bt if the fitting didn't give me so much grief. It was hard to keep in my ear without getting uncomfortable in the ear canal, and it wasn't good for side-sleeping. I should have bought custom eartips back then, but it wouldn't have solved the size issue regardless. It's too bad.
Regarding custom eartips.

What's the general consensus on here for customs?

I see Zenplugs do them here in the UK for a very good price.

I've also heard of Snugs.

I've not looked into it too much really, but it's been something I keep meaning to do.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #38,564 of 61,381
That what happened to me too. This L3P change it sounds pretty drastically with burn in. From my experience, the bass tightened up pretty fast like 2-3 hours after first listening. The tizzy and piercing treble took around 20 hours to smoothened out. The mid is better using the HearID for me.
I guess i must not be hearing the piecing trebel ... i know when i do both the HearID on Soundcore's app and the Adapt Sound feature on Samsung i miss the highest frequency on both ... Guess it's mostly down to people's hearing / fit

So for me the hearid isn't bright at all -- must have lost that portion of my hearing range to a degree

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #38,565 of 61,381
Hearing all the angst about the L3P reminds me of my first big expensive buys. I bought the Sennheiser IE8 and they sounded like garbage OOB it took in excess of 100hrs of burn in before they opened up and sounded good.

I would only listen for a few minutes every day after playing music non stop for 24 hours. After 4 solid days of this crazy process and them sounding god awful each day I was ready to give the damn things away. The suddenly I put them on and played the exact same track and wham they sounded open and wonderful.

Being a typical headphone junky the siren call of something new eventually made me sell them and try something different but I never forgot that lesson on patience :) .
What had changed in you on that 4th day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back