Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #37,561 of 62,572
Worth a try as a back up knockaround model for $11.24 before the tax??
https://www.amazon.com/Detection-He...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
1631822355923.png

Not bad with quick charge, 5.1, QCC3026 with aptX and in ear detection and ipx8 for that price. On paper anyway. :)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #37,562 of 62,572
So this thread is mega-bloated I’m not even going to try to parse it for what I need, forgive me if it was on page 1,135 but:

Which are the front runners for best fidelity Bluetooth wireless IEM?

I have been very happy with my M&D MW07 plus for the last 2 years or so, but I would love to see if there are many better but also DURABLE and highly water resistant/proof? These are used while I am out in the elements, working, sweating, and need to have a good in ear hold as well (all reasons why cables are a no go).

TIA for recommendations.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #37,563 of 62,572
KN95 mask is useless against bacterias and gas that why it is much easier to breath in. N95 mask and military gas mask have their own air filter and holes that only allow air from the inside past.
Functionally, a KN95 is supposed to have the same filtration as a N95. The issue with KN95 masks is that they are made in China and many are fake. I've heard some have tested with terrible performance, like 1% filtration. If you can't get a N95, a close approximation would be a KF94 which usually is made in Korea and usually made to much better tolerances than a KN95. KF94 is functionally equivalent to the European FFP2 standard, which in turn is supposed to be equivalent to a US N95 despite having 94% filtration vs 95% filtration to tiny particles.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #37,565 of 62,572
KN95 mask is useless against bacterias and gas that why it is much easier to breath in. N95 mask and military gas mask have their own air filter and holes that only allow air from the inside past.
Granted they are different standards, the KN95 standard is still tested against 1 micron and 95% filtration similar to an N95. They actually work extremely well against bacteria if you get a legitimate one. There are fakes of KN95s running around right now.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #37,566 of 62,572
So this thread is mega-bloated I’m not even going to try to parse it for what I need, forgive me if it was on page 1,135 but:

I have been very happy with my M&D MW07 plus for the last 2 years or so, but I would love to see if there are many better but also DURABLE and highly water resistant/proof? These are used while I am out in the elements, working, sweating, and need to have a good in ear hold as well (all reasons why cables are a no go).

TIA for recommendations.
This thread is everyone testing out the newest TWS. The Sony, B&W, B&O are the new kids on the block right now getting a lot of attention. Though if you want fidelity you could always get a TWS adapter and a good pair of IEMs, they’ll blow just about any TWS offered right now out of the water. Otherwise, look for some similarly-priced TWS that don’t offer ANC and other features as they have more R&D room to focus on sound quality.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #37,567 of 62,572
This thread is everyone testing out the newest TWS. The Sony, B&W, B&O are the new kids on the block right now getting a lot of attention. Though if you want fidelity you could always get a TWS adapter and a good pair of IEMs, they’ll blow just about any TWS offered right now out of the water. Otherwise, look for some similarly-priced TWS that don’t offer ANC and other features as they have more R&D room to focus on sound quality.
Please define “TWS”

is there an adapter king?

also is there such a thing as truly high quality sound with phone type buttons, or is it a clear delineation between two camps?

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #37,568 of 62,572
Please define “TWS”

is there an adapter king?

also is there such a thing as truly high quality sound with phone type buttons, or is it a clear delineation between two camps?
TWS stands for true wireless stereo. The adapter allows you to use an already good IEM over BT which is why it reigns king right now in terms of audio quality. The cases for theses adapters tend to be a bit more bulky though, as does the design of the adapters. Not sure what the last question is asking.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #37,569 of 62,572
TWS stands for true wireless stereo. The adapter allows you to use an already good IEM over BT which is why it reigns king right now in terms of audio quality. The cases for theses adapters tend to be a bit more bulky though, as does the design of the adapters. Not sure what the last question is asking.
I use the “answer call”, start/stop music, volume up/down functions on my headsets quite often daily.

is there a set of earbuds/iems that retains these BT functions, but actually compares with fidelity of listening only indented BT adapted IEM’s or is it Pony vs Racehorse in sound quality between the two.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #37,570 of 62,572
If I may, I’d throw my 2 cents behind my current favorite, the Devialet Gemini.

Most of the wireless buds have the start/pause, rewind, fast forward commands. Volume up and down is less standard but on some.

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #37,571 of 62,572
Functionally, a KN95 is supposed to have the same filtration as a N95. The issue with KN95 masks is that they are made in China and many are fake. I've heard some have tested with terrible performance, like 1% filtration. If you can't get a N95, a close approximation would be a KF94 which usually is made in Korea and usually made to much better tolerances than a KN95. KF94 is functionally equivalent to the European FFP2 standard, which in turn is supposed to be equivalent to a US N95 despite having 94% filtration vs 95% filtration to tiny particles.
Granted they are different standards, the KN95 standard is still tested against 1 micron and 95% filtration similar to an N95. They actually work extremely well against bacteria if you get a legitimate one. There are fakes of KN95s running around right now.
Well, 70% of the kn95 didn't meet the standard also the reason why it is useless vs the n95.
Also the one I mentioned is in the picture below have it own filter which make it harder to breath.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-172259749.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-172259749.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #37,572 of 62,572

TIA for recommendations.
There is the Jabra active 75t which have the ip55, anc and good reviews

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #37,573 of 62,572
Well, 70% of the kn95 didn't meet the standard also the reason why it is useless vs the n95.
Also the one I mentioned is in the picture below have it own filter which make it harder to breath.
Is that mask TWS compatible? Jk

I have found TWS to be incredibly convenient though, especially with masks. In NY masks are mandatory in a lot of places like trains (that is how I get into the city) and having caught COVID recently even after being fully vaccinated, I would rather be safer than have to deal with that again.

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #37,574 of 62,572

I have found TWS to be incredibly convenient though, especially with masks. In NY masks are mandatory in a lot of places like trains (that is how I get into the city) and having caught COVID recently even after being fully vaccinated, I would rather be safer than have to deal with that again.
Same I change from headphone to tws because of mask and hot air in CA.
And yes, there is audio mask

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-174225560.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-174225560.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #37,575 of 62,572

Vaccines just minimize the side effects of the virus, you will get the virus whether you're fully vaccinated or not. They should prevent mass hospitalization and that's what they do for now. So, don't be fool and take the damn vaccine. lol.

On a side note, for fans, I'm getting Nuraphone next week. Got one for 150€ on ebay :wink:

Let's see how they improve over Nura True, I'll let you guys know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back