Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 26, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #36,631 of 62,436
Yeah, you have to take them off with the case, unless you have the waterproof case from the Sport version. Sorry I didn't mention that. I agree, I too like the T5 II ANC better. I just got a response regarding the beeping issue I'm having with the MW08S.

"Thanks for reaching out, and for choosing Master & Dynamic. I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I hope the below will help. The "beeping" people are hearing on the other end should be resolved with the latest firmware version - 4.4.4."

Of course they ran me through the typical process of resetting, blah blah, all the stuff I've already done. Nice they acknowledged there was an issue, sadly, I'm having that issue. Trying to get a replacement now...
Can you ask them to fix the “bloated muddy mess” problem I am having?

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #36,632 of 62,436
Yeah, you have to take them off with the case, unless you have the waterproof case from the Sport version. Sorry I didn't mention that. I agree, I too like the T5 II ANC better. I just got a response regarding the beeping issue I'm having with the MW08S.

"Thanks for reaching out, and for choosing Master & Dynamic. I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I hope the below will help. The "beeping" people are hearing on the other end should be resolved with the latest firmware version - 4.4.4."

Of course they ran me through the typical process of resetting, blah blah, all the stuff I've already done. Nice they acknowledged there was an issue, sadly, I'm having that issue. Trying to get a replacement now...
They should have shipped these with wings and the sport case for 250. I’m sure the “sport version” is forthcoming but come on.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #36,633 of 62,436
Can you ask them to fix the “bloated muddy mess” problem I am having?
Yes, I told them and linked them to your Head-Fi account. Get ready.

I've had every incarnation of the MWs. Something inevitably makes them leave my collection. Hopefully, not this time.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #36,634 of 62,436
Yes, I told them and linked them to your Head-Fi account. Get ready.

I've had every incarnation of the MWs. Something inevitably makes them leave my collection. Hopefully, not this time.
Ha ha. I shared this feedback with them when they originally released. In defense of the MW08, I think it's more of a preference thing. They can sound very rich and warm and full, and going back to back with the Klipsch is a pretty stark contrast making the T5 sound thin in comparison. I can see why people like the sound. I have owned just about every MW as well and comparing the MW08 to the MW07 confirms something has changed in the special sauce. Almost too much of a good thing. At moderate volumes, wavelet improves things and takes the edge off the low end. I need to ask myself if I would ever reach for them over the pi7, Gemini or even the MT which I am very fond of. They sure are pretty though.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #36,635 of 62,436
Ha ha. I shared this feedback with them when they originally released. In defense of the MW08, I think it's more of a preference thing. They can sound very rich and warm and full, and going back to back with the Klipsch is a pretty stark contrast making the T5 sound thin in comparison. I can see why people like the sound. I have owned just about every MW as well and comparing the MW08 to the MW07 confirms something has changed in the special sauce. Almost too much of a good thing. At moderate volumes, wavelet improves things and takes the edge off the low end. I need to ask myself if I would ever reach for them over the pi7, Gemini or even the MT which I am very fond of. They sure are pretty though.
I wanted the PI7s to be so much better than they are. Every one I had, had bugs. Could be the metal plate in my head. Kidding. M&D approved the RMA for a new pair. I'll give it a go.

I'd def pick the Gemini's up first, but then I'm really enjoying those new B&O EQs. Popped some Spinfit tips on them and they do sound better than the M&D. Crazy is as crazy does. Ugh.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #36,636 of 62,436
I wanted the PI7s to be so much better than they are. Every one I had, had bugs. Could be the metal plate in my head. Kidding. M&D approved the RMA for a new pair. I'll give it a go.

I'd def pick the Gemini's up first, but then I'm really enjoying those new B&O EQs. Popped some Spinfit tips on them and they do sound better than the M&D. Crazy is as crazy does. Ugh.
Hmmm. Perhaps there is an EQ in my future.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #36,638 of 62,436

I actually love the sound on the EQs. Playing any acoustical music on them sounds phenomenal to me (i.e. Scorpions Wind of Change unplugged in Greece). They actually handled any type of music I threw at them well. I only have two complaints/wishes with them or they would be a complete package in my eyes.

1. Wish they had the capability to go a bit louder for those occasions where I want goosebumps :D
2. Wish they had a bit more controls around the ANC/Ambient modes. Which I could live without if needed.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #36,639 of 62,436
I actually love the sound on the EQs. Playing any acoustical music on them sounds phenomenal to me (i.e. Scorpions Wind of Change unplugged in Greece). They actually handled any type of music I threw at them well. I only have two complaints/wishes with them or they would be a complete package in my eyes.

1. Wish they had the capability to go a bit louder for those occasions where I want goosebumps :D
2. Wish they had a bit more controls around the ANC/Ambient modes. Which I could live without if needed.
I remember when B&O first released their neck buds. Man those things had some sweet sound despite that terrible shoelace cable. These weren’t on my radar but wth not. As an aside, Samsung continues to not include AptxHD meaning the pI7 is neutered. Annoyed.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #36,640 of 62,436

I agree, just a tad louder, but on the newer mastered stuff, they are great.

This is sick on the EQs IMO:

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #36,641 of 62,436
I remember when B&O first released their neck buds. Man those things had some sweet sound despite that terrible shoelace cable. These weren’t on my radar but wth not. As an aside, Samsung continues to not include AptxHD meaning the pI7 is neutered. Annoyed.
@erockg got me queued on them after I promised myself to never buy anymore of their overpriced stuff, but with these I am really glad I did. He ranks them second to his Gemini's, but I rank them 1 on my SQ list with the Geminis 2nd. My ears are that awesome though, but interesting to see more folks take on them. Putting them in the case takes a bit of getting used to. FYI, I also had the tips formerly known as Sonys on them when I was using them.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #36,643 of 62,436
Nice. Will try that one out. My first rock concert in 1988 was Whitesnake/Great White. Good stuff!
Ha ha! Mine too. Whitesnake/Great White, 1988, Brendan Byrne Arena in NJ. What are the odds?!

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #36,645 of 62,436

IIRC this bloat issue was also with the MW07 Go resulting some tracks to sound really congested and boomy while it didn’t impact other tracks. Weird.
I wasn’t emotionally invested in them back then and quickly moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back