Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 27, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #33,616 of 62,458
Then Jabra is out of the question for me, cause that is the issue most people have with Jabra 75T. Im quite sensitive for hiss etc myself. What tws do you use/like? The xm3 would be a buy for me cause of the price drop now, but no ip cert is a no for me. Need something that are a little sturdy
I snagged the Galaxy Buds Pro because I have an S21, they sound fantastic. Threw on some foam tips and they're excellent.

May 27, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #33,617 of 62,458
@AmericanSpirit can you remind me what is the time SKS lasts on a single charge out of the case?
3-4 hours, and when I run out of power, i placed SKS in charging box, made a call for like 15min, then It lasted another 3m2 hours, pretty quick charge

May 27, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #33,618 of 62,458
But there seems to be much issues with Jabra E75T. One of the buds stops working. And not very easy to deal with either
Can only speak to my experience. They've been the least problematic of any of my sets, more so than the 85t. No hiss, no bad buds. App works perfectly. Jabra got it right as far as I'm concerned.

May 27, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #33,619 of 62,458
Not sure if this really excites anyone...

news​

The basic performance of the main body is inherited from the previous model

Fostex renews the completely wireless "TM2" to a case charging compatible version. Released in early June​

Editing Department: Sugiyama Kousuke
May 27, 2021

Fostex has renewed the completely wireless earphone "TM2" that adopts a detachable flexible short cable, and will release it as "TM2C" with a built-in battery charging case from the beginning of June. The price is open, but it is expected to be sold for around 26,000 yen including tax.

TM2 released in 2019 is a product that can be completely wireless by removing the earphone part and attaching your favorite re-cable compatible earphone. While inheriting the basic performance from the previous model, by making the case a new one with a built-in battery, it is possible to charge the case, which was not possible with the previous model.

The maximum continuous playback time is about 10 hours with the earphone alone, and up to about 40 hours with the case charging. Charging time is about 1 hour and 30 minutes. A USB-C terminal is used for the input port. The external dimensions of the case are 138W x 35H x 67Dmm, and the mass is 138g.
1622152055079.png

The product includes an MMCX type detachable flexible short cable, but as mentioned above, the basic performance of the main unit is inherited from the previous model, so it is possible to use an optional cable that has already been released. At the moment, the company sells MMCX / FitEar 2pin / CIEM 2pin / A2DCpin types.

May 27, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #33,620 of 62,458
May 27, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #33,621 of 62,458
High-quality TWS IEMs have always been rare, and most of them have a pleasing, but basic sound / comfort, so you know the market is going to heat up when a company like Fostex International steps in!

They designed their TM-2 HD TWS IEMs with the audiophile and the enthusiast in mind. Those are perfect when it comes to their comfort, and the TWS modules can drive some high-end flagships too, all while keeping their excellent ergonomics / comfort, but the default IEMs are high-quality too, so tons of fun to be had!

I made a full in-depth written review, which I hope will come in handy to you, and I hope it is a nice read~

I'm always around to help if there's anything I can help with :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/05/fostex-tm-2-bluetooth-tws-iems-audiophile-sports.html

Fostex-TMA-TM-2-HD-TWS-LDAC-aptX-IEMs-Universal-Bluetooth-Receiver-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-18.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #33,623 of 62,458
High-quality TWS IEMs have always been rare, and most of them have a pleasing, but basic sound / comfort, so you know the market is going to heat up when a company like Fostex International steps in!

They designed their TM-2 HD TWS IEMs with the audiophile and the enthusiast in mind. Those are perfect when it comes to their comfort, and the TWS modules can drive some high-end flagships too, all while keeping their excellent ergonomics / comfort, but the default IEMs are high-quality too, so tons of fun to be had!

I made a full in-depth written review, which I hope will come in handy to you, and I hope it is a nice read~

I'm always around to help if there's anything I can help with :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/05/fostex-tm-2-bluetooth-tws-iems-audiophile-sports.html

Fostex-TMA-TM-2-HD-TWS-LDAC-aptX-IEMs-Universal-Bluetooth-Receiver-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-18.jpg
Sad why MMCX main, 2pin adapters adds extra weights 😭

May 27, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #33,624 of 62,458
What do you guys think has best sound quality of Melomania 1+/ Touch OR Jabra ET75T? Anyone tried both? Im hearing so totally different opinion about the EA75T. And that many has had warranty issues with it
I own both CAs and had the Jabras. The M1+ hands down for me, with OEM foam tips. I have the Touch too. Like them but favor the M1+ For a few reasons, form, click not touch, comfort and finally, sound.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #33,625 of 62,458
A proper set of TWS adapters has been one of those pipe dreams for a while. If Fostex pulled it off that's WELL worth looking into.

If you need just the TWS adapters, I heard the UTWS3 from FiiO, and it has been a wonderous experience. Cheaper than TM2. Not perfect either, TM2 has a slightly better sound, but it does not have a batter in the charging cradle, so they both are advantageous to different users I would say.

May 27, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #33,626 of 62,458
If you need just the TWS adapters, I heard the UTWS3 from FiiO, and it has been a wonderous experience. Cheaper than TM2. Not perfect either, TM2 has a slightly better sound, but it does not have a batter in the charging cradle, so they both are advantageous to different users I would say.
do also make a comparison to the TRN BT20S Pro and Ibasso CF01 if possible(and add the KZ AZ09 too for complete comparison). there are already comparison between them, but another set of objective observation would always be a welcome

May 27, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #33,627 of 62,458
If you need just the TWS adapters, I heard the UTWS3 from FiiO, and it has been a wonderous experience. Cheaper than TM2. Not perfect either, TM2 has a slightly better sound, but it does not have a battery in the charging cradle, so they both are advantageous to different users I would say.
It will next month with the TM2C if you check a few posts back.:)

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #33,628 of 62,458
do also make a comparison to the TRN BT20S Pro and Ibasso CF01 if possible(and add the KZ AZ09 too for complete comparison). there are already comparison between them, but anothe set of objective observation would always be a welcome
I have TRN BT20pro, SQ...no comment

May 27, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #33,629 of 62,458
I have the trn bt20 non s, and the kz AZ09. The trn bt20 has a lower noise floor than the KZ offering, but I can only hear the hiss in very quiet environments. I've heard the hiss on the trn bt20S is worse. Can't comment on the more expensive offerings because I'm a cheapskate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back