Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 14, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #33,241 of 62,420
Knowing is half the battle. I've done way too many receipt inspections in my career; it's translated to me verifying I get all my pack-ins :)

I can get the stock tips, SpinFit CP360, Final TWS, and now the E-Pro in without an issue. It's the foamies/standard IEM tips that tend to cause trouble for me.

Man, these E-Pro with the MT are a fantastic pairing. Might need to try working out with these, but they easily stay in place for all of the housework and I can't perceive any hot spots (pressure points). May have to start recommending these over the Final, especially for the price and availability.
Screenshot_20210504-165648.jpg
Really impressive how easily it handles Nine Inch Nails' Ghosts I-IV which, for me, has always been a tough album to nail down dynamically. Doesn't quite sparkle up top like the Technics or Noble can, but this is one of the better renditions I've heard, especially on stuff like the constant fingerpicking in the background.

Would love to see if someone else gets a shared experience with 'em. Who's willing?
Hey do you have any other Tidal/Qobuz playlists to share? I still listen to that one you gave me all the time dude

May 14, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #33,242 of 62,420
Hmm.. I've been playing with eq so much I had to go back to default and listen for a while. On orchestral as well as jazz, when bass isn't in the way they both really shine. Trumpets have that crisp bight / sizzle, and Trombones have that balance of mellow and pop. They both get your attention. Even a Trumpet with a plunger sounded pretty realistic. i've been trying to find a tuning that showcases this potential that is still audible in default mode. Honestly a complete facelift for bass and smoothing it out would do wonders for these.
Do you have a playlist you could share? I love classical and Jazz but never thought to listen to orchestral or look for specific trumpet/trombone tracks

May 14, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #33,243 of 62,420
Unfortunately, I ordered it on Amazon yesterday and is coming Friday. Let’s see what happens. How is the microphone call quality on the KEFs or NFPs? I need a pair to do zoom calls or phone calls too during the day. Thanks.
I use my KEFs for work and personal calls all the time and everyone says it sounds great. Iphone 12 Pro Max

May 14, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #33,244 of 62,420
I. Really. Don’t. Need. This.

It is already in the cart. Someone, please help me.
PM me with some audition material and how you think it should sound. I don't mind being brutally honest.
Hey do you have any other Tidal/Qobuz playlists to share? I still listen to that one you gave me all the time dude
Sure do, bud, but I ditched Tidal so only the Qobuz and Spotify ones are left. PM me and I'll hook it up. Probably spam enough links in this thread to have a target on my back.

When CanJam starts back up, I might need a bodyguard...

May 14, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #33,245 of 62,420
M
Anyone see there is a new budget Sennheisers CX wireless?

Seems to be an update of the cx400. Longer battery life ipx4 rating not sure what else.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audi...-noise-cancelling-earbuds---black/p/108094551
Interesting. I almost bought the CX400 a couple of weeks ago due to them being half price. Looks like they were clearing stock. I’ll be interested whether these have active noise cancelling.

I’ve sold my Galaxy Buds Pro and plan on waiting for reviews to come in over these upcoming releases:
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds 2
  • Sennheiser CX
  • Sony WF-1000XM4
  • Xiaomi Flipbuds Pro
  • JBL Tour Pro+

May 14, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #33,246 of 62,420
I use my KEFs for work and personal calls all the time and everyone says it sounds great. Iphone 12 Pro Max
So the KEFs are good for calls huh? If only it had aptX I would get them in a heartbeat.

PI7s don't switch sides seamlessly (if master is put back in the case then both buds disconnect and have to reconnect). This is not ideal for long calls/Zoom meetings where I like to rotate ears every so often to give them a break. Love them for SQ but the search may continue. Think I got spoiled by just how well the Galaxy Buds Live work for calls (whichever side I use or dont use or switch around...they just work). Still looking for that perfect TWS with good call, functionality and SQ...

May 14, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #33,247 of 62,420
I have a love hate with Adv. They were my first dive into the mid-fi and my first custom. Looking back wasn't quite the best IEM to get for my tastes (M5-1DD). I was real interested in getting the TWS version with the first iteration. I did at one point have the model x and those were a pretty damn nice TWS offering but didnt fit in my ears.

Side tracking real quick. I had the MT's in my ears and not by choice. I used them to make a quick call and forgot they were in my ears. Walked a dog and they were starting to come out. Couldn't get to them. One fell out. Hit the concrete...back to that in a second. Managed to drop the other side when i was collecting myself. Both bounced a few times which was rather funny even though i was slightly annoyed. That rubber that surrounds the MT for the fin - i am not sure if that is by design but expecting a busted MT and being pleasantly surprised by just the rubber being marred. Not bad.

And because of this situation i am slightly intrigued by the new iteration of the m5. I did get the email about them, too. Oh the irony. Is this destiny calling?

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #33,248 of 62,420
I have a love hate with Adv. They were my first dive into the mid-fi and my first custom. Looking back wasn't quite the best IEM to get for my tastes (M5-1DD). I was real interested in getting the TWS version with the first iteration. I did at one point have the model x and those were a pretty damn nice TWS offering but didnt fit in my ears.

Side tracking real quick. I had the MT's in my ears and not by choice. I used them to make a quick call and forgot they were in my ears. Walked a dog and they were starting to come out. Couldn't get to them. One fell out. Hit the concrete...back to that in a second. Managed to drop the other side when i was collecting myself. Both bounced a few times which was rather funny even though i was slightly annoyed. That rubber that surrounds the MT for the fin - i am not sure if that is by design but expecting a busted MT and being pleasantly surprised by just the rubber being marred. Not bad.

And because of this situation i am slightly intrigued by the new iteration of the m5. I did get the email about them, too. Oh the irony. Is this destiny calling?
In a sense. These have quirks. I've reached out to ADV to see how they respond to them. They blew away the initial audition, but as all new relationships go, the honeymoon period is finite.

I have no intention of sparking a flavor of the week with these. Their SQ is certainly on another level. Have way too many questions about their practical use at the moment.

For starters, these are straight aptX. Not aptX TWS+. aptX. So far, they don't hand off signal very well when swapping ears in the case. May be a minor quib, but has major impact if your listening habits rely on this working properly. On more than one occasion already, I've had to plunk both buds back in, wait a few seconds, and remove one to get audio to properly play through.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #33,249 of 62,420
In a sense. These have quirks. I've reached out to ADV to see how they respond to them. They blew away the initial audition, but as all new relationships go, the honeymoon period is finite.

I have no intention of sparking a flavor of the week with these. Their SQ is certainly on another level. Have way too many questions about their practical use at the moment.

For starters, these are straight aptX. Not aptX TWS+. aptX. So far, they don't hand off signal very well when swapping ears in the case. May be a minor quib, but has major impact if your listening habits rely on this working properly. On more than one occasion already, I've had to plunk both buds back in, wait a few seconds, and remove one to get audio to properly play through.

and after reading this i do recall have the same issues with the X. Thank you for that. Never again.

May 14, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #33,250 of 62,420
and after reading this i do recall have the same issues with the X. Thank you for that. Never again.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and have reached out via email to give them a chance to respond. Until then, I intend to reserve judgment.

May 15, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #33,251 of 62,420
Finally got the PI7. AptX HD only seems to work for certain devices based on discussions I have seen so far. I can confirm that it currently defaults to aptX adaptive on the V60 and OnePlus 8T (see screenshots attached). AptX HD is not available as an option on either phone. Very disappointing.

I also tried connecting it to my Node 2i and it connects via aptX (not aptX HD). My Qudelix 5K and Shure BT2 never had problems connecting via aptX HD with the Node 2i. Seems to be an issue with the PI7. Hopefully B&W can fix via firmware update
Thanks for the update, that sucks. Hopefully they do a swap.

May 15, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #33,252 of 62,420
Do you have a playlist you could share? I love classical and Jazz but never thought to listen to orchestral or look for specific trumpet/trombone tracks
The music I refer to in this post was local files, but I do have some playlists in Amazon music HD I could share, don't have any in Spotify but could create one if you don't have Amazon music HD.

May 15, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #33,253 of 62,420
Mine arrive Monday apparently and I’m now even more excited to get my hands (ears?) on them. I’ve also got the Jabra 65ts mainly for exercising in now and I find them OK (compared to my CIEMs of course) for general listening and the convenience is there too.

MW07 Plus Update - Oh dear. Perhaps I was too optimistic. 1 1/2 hour walk on a route with no issues on other TWS buds. Suffered infrequent random but regular drop outs. iPhone XR in a lightweight jacket - front left and right pockets at belt level, and holding/moving phone in hand, all experienced it. In an open air park environment with no other devices close, and on a not very busy U.K. high street. Doesn’t bode well for the City of London at rush hour post covid.

Will try a few more walks whilst I’m in the return period, but can’t see it magically improving sadly. Bummer.

May 15, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #33,254 of 62,420
MW07 Plus Update - Oh dear. Perhaps I was too optimistic. 1 1/2 hour walk on a route with no issues on other TWS buds. Suffered infrequent random but regular drop outs. iPhone XR in a lightweight jacket - front left and right pockets at belt level, and holding/moving phone in hand, all experienced it. In an open air park environment with no other devices close, and on a not very busy U.K. high street. Doesn’t bode well for the City of London at rush hour post covid.

Will try a few more walks whilst I’m in the return period, but can’t see it magically improving sadly. Bummer.
Sounds faulty to me, i dont think i had a single dropout with them and `i used them in the city of london tons, jogging, etc. iphone xs max

May 15, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #33,255 of 62,420
Hi guys! Im about to buy myself a TWS set, but its isnt easy to choose one.. I will NOT be spending 3-400 usd on a new TWS. Im looking for max 200 new. I also use LG V40 with Android 10.
Does someone have experience with:

* Panasonic RZ-S500? Seems like a very good deal at 99 usd and it got full pot at "What HiFi".
* Moondrop Sparks? They look stunningly good! And the price is very good.
*Anker soundcore liberty air 2 (with or without pro) or other Anker TWS?
*Jabra elite (active)75T?
* LG Tonefree FN6/7 series? They seems very interesting since they are tunes by Meridian and for what i can understand they have some form of spatial audio? (Im fan of spatial audio, as long is done right).

Its important for me that it can be connected to 2 phones at the same time and that the micro Phone is decent( Teams meetings at work). Stable connectivity and decent soundquality. Its not gonna be my critical listening buds at all. Just buds for work, podcast and music when jogging/Walking

Since i use LGV40, i dont want Airpods og galaxy buds. This is because it seems that i cant use all the features they have since i dont have IPhone or Samsung.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back