Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 7, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #32,986 of 62,417
That's honestly what caught my attention in the first place; a custom TWS sounded awesome, but it didn't look that user-friendly the more I read into it. They charge via plug-in instead of charging pin contacts, but that makes sense given the custom nature of the product.

Now that Custom Art is also in the game, at least there's choices. From the mastermind behind FIBAE, no less.

So did someone use ADV's design without approval? Think that's the context I'm getting here.
We offer collection of products that are produced in-house and contract manufactured as with most other companies.

May 7, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #32,987 of 62,417
That's honestly what caught my attention in the first place; a custom TWS sounded awesome, but it didn't look that user-friendly the more I read into it. They charge via plug-in instead of charging pin contacts, but that makes sense given the custom nature of the product.

Now that Custom Art is also in the game, at least there's choices. From the mastermind behind FIBAE, no less.

So did someone use ADV's design without approval? Think that's the context I'm getting here.
They could in theory make a charging case for it and redesign the housing so the charging contacts are on the outside of the housing. Though I'm not sure how well that will do for water resistance.

May 7, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #32,988 of 62,417
We offer collection of products that are produced in-house and contract manufactured as with most other companies.
Makes a lot of sense and that's why I was asking for clarification. Working in biotech, I understand contract manufacturing quite well.

Thank you!

May 7, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #32,990 of 62,417
Sorry if it may not be in the right group. I’m returning the PI7, and planning on buying a pair of headphones instead. What’s the best pair for ANC and sound? I’m just looking at the two big ones (Sony MX4 and Bose 700). Any other ones? Thank you.
I just looked at Sennheiser Momentum 3. It seems to have better sound quality but worse ANC.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #32,991 of 62,417
Three mile walk and nothing but dropouts with the B&W PI5. No, I don't have a metal plate in my head. What. This is awful. I can't even adjust them in my ears without them pausing and/or losing BT connection. Something is definitely up. I've reset, repaired, rebooted, you name it. Sure, they are okay if I'm sitting at my desk, but what is the fun in that???
Blimey. What a disaster.
Sorry if it may not be in the right group. I’m returning the PI7, and planning on buying a pair of headphones instead. What’s the best pair for ANC and sound? I’m just looking at the two big ones (Sony MX4 and Bose 700). Any other ones? Thank you.
Ive tried most bluetooth anc cans, the Airpods Max and Sennheiser Momentum sound the best. The airpods max have the best ANC by a wide margin, then its XM4. In my opinion at least.

May 7, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #32,994 of 62,417
I just looked at Sennheiser Momentum 3. It seems to have better sound quality but worse ANC.
To my ears the MX4 has the best ANC and, after some EQ, pretty acceptable sound. B&O H95 has better sound (best of MX4, M3 and Aonic 50 imo), worse ANC. Momentum 3 has exciting sound that becomes wearing after a while - best soundstage, though and average ANC. Shure Aonic 50 middling ANC, clean but unexciting sound.

I EQ all my wireless phones with Wavelet to suit my taste - H95 still wins on sound.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #32,995 of 62,417
So Apple is the best overall with sound quality and ANC?
This is just my opinion, but the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless are the best sounding ANC headphones I have heard (plus they are pretty cheap comparatively right now. I have not heard the 3, but from everything I have read Sennheiser went the "consumer sound" route with these. Also keep in mind Sennheiser made the ANC on these purposeful for plane or train travel. This means that it will cut out all lows, and some lower mids, but keeps voices (so you can hear the flight attendant for instance). So, if you are wanting something that will cut out ALL then these aren't the ones you want. But if you want good battery life, excellent sound, and great ANC in the range it was meant to be, give these a try.

May 7, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #32,997 of 62,417
So Apple is the best overall with sound quality and ANC?
APM are awesome. But beware they are a tighter fit than the SM. SMs are like pillows on your ears. That said, APM blow them away in every other aspect if you're in the Apple ecosystem. I flipped my APM on eBay because of the tight fit. Some days I felt it, others not so much. I use my TWS a lot more. Just my two cents...

May 7, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #33,000 of 62,417
I actually like the case provided quite well - it's minimal, but It does what it needs to do and doesn't take up a lot of space 🤷‍♂️
Do you need the cover protection, like what spigen carries for it?
Spigen Ultra Hybrid PRO Designed for Airpods Max Case Cover Protective Ear Cup Covers - Crystal Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SJCR8W...abc_P5RZN3MKTYN8J46MK3GX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I’m looking at this case (nothing fancy).
However, it can do the deep sleep.

SAMYERLEN Smart Case for AirPods Max Headphones with Sleep Mode Function, Protective Hard Shell Travel Carrying Bag with Cable Storage, Compact Design Storage Accessories for Apple AirPods Max https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VN94QN...abc_26JPBQZX1RB7591P80XS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back