Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 6, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #32,956 of 62,436
I don't have much to say about this pairing. It has sufficiently shut me up. This combination is yes.
IMG_20210506_194933.jpg
I can't believe you can get this kind of power and fidelity wirelessly. I seriously can't. There's no way this thing should be able to give adequate power to a 5-driver hybrid. No way. And yet, somehow it does.

I think I'm afraid to try the P1 now. Going to stay here for a while.

May 7, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #32,957 of 62,436
Screenshot_20210506-211312.jpg
This is basically my threshold for volume on the DK-3001 Pro + CF01 combo. Any louder than this and I'm out.

9mW of power my butt. How much juice does this thing really have?!

May 7, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #32,958 of 62,436
Screenshot_20210506-211312.jpg
This is basically my threshold for volume on the DK-3001 Pro + CF01 combo. Any louder than this and I'm out.

9mW of power my butt. How much juice does this thing really have?!
Ok, we get it. But what about the P1???? 😝

May 7, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #32,959 of 62,436
May 7, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #32,960 of 62,436
PXL_20210507_044236842~2.jpg

PXL_20210507_045952932~2.jpg

I changed my mind. I was able to get the OE adapters to work with the Dunu without cutting out. Only thing is the lid won't close with them on. 😕 The UTWS3 drives them just as good as the BT20s pro, but the latter has perhaps a little better synergy with them. I also went back to the grey tips because they're just moar FUN sounding and the staging is better. So probably gonna cancel my order for the MMCX version. Still gonna wait for the next version of BT20s though.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #32,961 of 62,436
PXL_20210507_044236842~2.jpg
PXL_20210507_045952932~2.jpg
I changed my mind. I was able to get the OE adapters to work with the Dunu without cutting out. Only thing is the lid won't close with them on. 😕 The UTWS3 drives them just as good as the BT20s pro, but the latter has perhaps a little better synergy with them. I also went back to the grey tips because they're just moar FUN sounding and the staging is better. So probably gonna cancel my order for the MMCX version. Still gonna wait for the next version of BT20s though.
I love those tips. Very Azla-like, but without having to sacrifice any bottom end. Dunu nailed it with those.

May 7, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #32,963 of 62,436
Received my Melomania Touch yesterday evening. Initial pairing was a breeze, updating the firmware wasn't, left earpiece was no problem, but the right earpiece took about 17 attempts before it succeeded. Seal is good with the small eartips, but I wouldn't mind a size smaller than that. I'm still playing with the wings to find the most comfortable fit.

So far I like the sound. It's nowhere near my JH Audio, but for what I want from a TWS set, it's quite good. One thing annoys me though. Through the Melomania app on my Android phone, I disabled all touch controls, as they are often accidentally activated when trying to find the best way to put them in your ears. But even with all touch controls switched off, they still beep on registering a touch. Anyone found a way to turn that off too?

May 7, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #32,964 of 62,436
Any burn-in?
Not yet, don't think it's gonna do anything for these. The bass is just poorly tuned imo. This is one of those products that no matter how much I try, I can't mask the poor voicing. To a degree I can with mids especially, but yeah...pretty sure these weren't tuned by the "master"

May 7, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #32,965 of 62,436
24h hours into my 2nd pair of the CA MT and I haven't faced any bugs/connection issues, so yeah seams like they've fixed most issues :)

Now I hope they can work on improving the app :) I want stuff like customizable touch controls and an option to pause the audio when you enable ambient mode.

For the price of 140 EUR these tws are magnificent, great battery life as well. The only complaint I have is with the touch control, they're very sensitive.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #32,966 of 62,436
Not yet, don't think it's gonna do anything for these. The bass is just poorly tuned imo. This is one of those products that no matter how much I try, I can't mask the poor voicing. To a degree I can with mids especially, but yeah...pretty sure these weren't tuned by the "master"
Looks like I will be skipping these. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Was thinking of waiting for their sales to replace my MW07 Go with the MW08 which are starting to fail (left earbud doesn't always connect and volume buttons sometimes don't work but putting both back in the case and reconnecting fixes it). Getting annoying though. Back to the skipping generation strategy I guess.

May 7, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #32,967 of 62,436
It's what makes me pretty good at my job. Spend a lot of time thinking in the abstract, which really helps when you do a lot of troubleshooting. In this case, I noticed that if I switched from using the Logitech dongle over the BT connection (they do both) while I'm listening to TWS, my cursor sticks like crazy. Adjustments on the trackpad work perfectly.

Occam's razor suggests BT interference.

Second monitor first. I'm in the same boat. Really need something with USB-C, DP, and HDMI, which narrows down my options quite a bit. Maybe a size down, too. 32" is a bit silly.
I also use the dongle for my Logitech mouse and keyboard at my desktop (looks like we have the same keyboard) due to terrible Bluetooth connection between one of my Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mice and my laptop. Interestingly, I started getting interference using the dongle as well and just realized it was because I rearranged my desk yesterday and my router was moved closer to the dongle. If the router gets too close to my speakers then I start hearing noise from my speakers as well. I imagine this can also wreak havoc on TWS /Bluetooth headphone connections?

May 7, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #32,968 of 62,436
The spinfits really do open up the PI7. Wow. Major major improvement. Whoever commented up thread that it lets you hear the BA driver was right on. They do lose a bit of the warmth but the trade off is well worth it imho. So you guys posting all of your sexy tws adapter and fancy iem pics, it looks like 400 would get me a pretty amazing setup. So, stick with PI7 or grab one of those adapters. The ibasso is gorgeous. I shy away from traditional iems due to fit issues and the fact I hate those long nozzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back