Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 6, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #32,926 of 62,437
IMG_20210506_094020.jpg
Wasn't kidding when I said they extend out quite a bit. Foam is a little tacky, too, so should help with grip as well. These have a very slow rebound. I imagine you can get a very deep insertion with these, but there's no way they fit in the case. It's pretty silly:
IMG_20210506_094245.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #32,927 of 62,437
Got the MW08 in, they connected to my V60 via APTX Adaptive on their own. Initial impressions? I just can't believe how sloppy and pathetic the bass sounds on these. Blobby, not good texture, they respond to eq okay, but the sloppiness of the bass tuning can't be eqed out.
everything else sounds okay, at times especially after eq, I noticed they have decent placement of instruments, and the mids can shine in a unique way. Hard to describe.

Any burn-in?

May 6, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #32,928 of 62,437
Finally, the Comply TrueGrip Pro for visual comparison. Medium rebound, super wide, very "plush." There is an in-built debris filter which does muffle the midrange a bit on this 2.8MHz DSF copy of the pictured album (content filter will probably censor the title). Not like treble sensitivity has been anybody's issue with the MT, but I suppose you could use these in a pinch if you needed to roll off any harsh sibilants.
IMG_20210506_094647.jpg

This fit is even sillier than the previous, but I felt it necessary to illustrate that they don't just not fit, they don't fit at all. None of the foam tips do.
IMG_20210506_094722.jpg

May 6, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #32,929 of 62,437
I will keep banging the drum for the freebuds pro. Has it all and sounds really good too.

Very good ANC and transparency. Great fit and full controls on either bud. Multipairing and wireless charging.
No official IP rating but have heard some have reached out and it is ipx4 equivalent.

I have worked out many times with them and they fit great and no issues with sweat.

Only thing I needed was to use the equalizer in my phone to bump up the treble a bit.
Interesting, they have flown under my radar so far .. first check and it appears that they are available locally, same price as the Galaxy Buds Pro ... now I have another rabbit hole to follow down :D

May 6, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #32,930 of 62,437

Wasn't kidding when I said they extend our quite a bit. Foam is a little tacky, too, so should help with grip as well. These have a very slow rebound. I imagine you can get a very deep insertion with these, but there's no way they fit in the case. It's pretty silly:
I botched my post earlier, misunderstood your response. I have not yet tried the True-Grip TW-200-A, I just ordered them. In fact, I have both the E-Pro and the TW-200-A en route.

It's amazing how well the M1/M1+ foams from CA fit, both my ears and the case. Different form factor, of course. Why CA decided not to make OEM foam tips for the MTs I don't know. They crushed it with the M1/M1+ foam tips.

Also, I somehow ordered the X-large E-Pros, doh! May be too large for my ears, we'll see. Meantime, I just decided to give the OEM silicone large tips another go and guess what? I went for a 30-minute dog walk and not a single adjustment after leaving the front door. Snug fit. I must be losing my mind. Zappa's Stinkfoot never sounded so good (at least not on a TW in-ear I've owned). Have to try the Between Pros for that track; I still favor their sound sig over the MTs and M1+, but different tech right? Though I love all three. Am looking forward to more HFers getting those damn BPs, I need to know I am not completely crazy liking them so much! At $79, best value I have ever received in any headphone, and I am talking many dozens of purchases over the decades.

Looks like I will be following the "remove the tips store in case route" for the Comply tips with the MT, in any case. I am just a foam tip fan, even with today's silicone success.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #32,931 of 62,437
So none of the Complys you have are the ones Comply says will work with the MTs? The TW-200A? I don't see them in your lineup. I have the E-Pro and the TW-200-A en route. It's amazing how well the M1/M1+ foams from CA fit, both my ears and the case. Different form factor, of course.

I somehow ordered the X-large E-Pros, doh! May be too big, we'll see. Meantime, I just decided to give the OEM silicone large tips a go again and guess what? I went for a 30-minute dog walk and not a single adjustment after leaving the front door. Snug fit. I must be losing my mind. Zappa's Stinkfoot never sounded so good (at least not on a TW in-ear I've owned). Have to try the Between Pros again, I think I still favor their sound sig over the MTs and M1+, but different tech right? Am looking forward to more HFers getting those damn things, I need to know I am not completely crazy! At $79, best value I have ever received in any headphone, and I am talking many dozens over the decades.
Correct. I don't have the TW-200A. While I don't recommend others try this, I basically blind-ordered all 3 sets at about the same time knowing that I'd be tip-rolling a bunch later. I waste money so hopefully other people don't have to.

For the MT, I recommend Dekoni, but that's with the caveat that they need to be removed every time you need to put them in the case. I know some people won't want to go through with that, though.

Did you add the E-Pro from your Amazon wishlist? It kept defaulting to XL for me as well. Had to manually select M on the product page.

And you're not losing your mind; eventually you just figure out how these things were meant to fit. May 17th can't come soon enough; I need to hear these darn BPs already.

May 6, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #32,932 of 62,437
Paradoxical question. Kinda like how I wonder if we'd ever have gotten the updates we did on the MT if I hadn't nagged their CEO via the email included in that box. Better to just be a squeaky wheel to B&W if owners want any hope of seeing this stuff improve.

Yes, thank you, it surely helped.

May 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #32,933 of 62,437
Correct. I don't have the TW-200A. While I don't recommend others try this, I basically blind-ordered all 3 sets at about the same time knowing that I'd be tip-rolling a bunch later. I waste money so hopefully other people don't have to.

For the MT, I recommend Dekoni, but that's with the caveat that they need to be removed every time you need to put them in the case. I know some people won't want to go through with that, though.

Did you add the E-Pro from your Amazon wishlist? It kept defaulting to XL for me as well. Had to manually select M on the product page.

And you're not losing your mind; eventually you just figure out how these things were meant to fit. May 17th can't come soon enough; I need to hear these darn BPs already.
I'll try the Complys when they get here, I can return the E-Pros for the right size, and yes, it defaulted to X-large. I will tell Amazon they were defective and they will not charge return shipping. We have one of those UPS stores here where you can return Amazon stuff outside a box and they ship a whole bunch of returns at one time. For small items.

I'll hold off on the E-Pros until the Complys get here. Maybe they will fit the case, maybe not. Guess I will find out.

May 6, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #32,934 of 62,437
This doesn’t feel like a firmware thing either. This is probably a design flaw. I give them credit for pushing the envelope on the technology but they seemed to have dropped the ball on the basics. Maybe they will respond to someone here that they are working on a fix.
I agree, it's a BT connection flaw. I can literally pinch the right bud and the BT just cuts out non-stop. Got my RMA, hasta la vista.

May 6, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #32,935 of 62,437
I've been waiting for B&W to release a TWS that sounds like the P7W, which are STILL one of my favorite headphones.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer.
Definitely wait until they sort, IF they sort it out. Some folks aren't having issues, but more are.

May 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #32,936 of 62,437
I agree, it's a BT connection flaw. I can literally pinch the right bud and the BT just cuts out non-stop. Got my RMA, hasta la vista.
Yeouch that's no good. Sounds like there might be a loose connection somewhere, then? That or BT signal is just having a beast of a time getting out of those shells. Hopefully they'll send back a pair that works for you this time.

In the meantime, this just arrived. Even after Bloom Audio basically blast-proofed their shipping container, there was still a little wear on the packaging. Inside contents are fine.
IMG_20210506_102725.jpg
IMG_20210506_102828.jpg
Might be hard to tell in the photo, but there's a little bit of the ol' Sennheiser Sparkle going on with the casing here. Really like this effect, especially on a case this large. I don't anticipate this thing being a fingerprint magnet at all.
IMG_20210506_103017.jpg
But it's a big honker. Here they are sitting next to the WH3, which are already fairly large for their size/form factor. When those reviewers said you wouldn't have an issue fitting large IEMs in here, they weren't kidding. I can fit the WH3, stem and all, inside each cup and have room for extra tips left over.

Did have some issues getting it to charge on the wireless pad at first. Unplugged and plugged the charging pad back in and now we're good to go. User guide doesn't help much, but looks like there's a front-panel LED that blinks red whilst charging.

Once it's done with charging, I've got a few sets of MMCX IEMs that I can test with it:
  • Etymotic ER4XR (will probably pass on this as the Etymotion cable is already perfect for them and supports aptX HD)
  • Campfire Audio Comet
  • Dunu DK-3001 Pro
  • Tin HiFi T2 Pro
  • Tin HiFi P1 (Saving this one for last as it's going to be the hardest to drive and the one I'm most excited to test...delayed gratification is necessary here)

May 6, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #32,937 of 62,437
Yeouch that's no good. Sounds like there might be a loose connection somewhere, then? That or BT signal is just having a beast of a time getting out of those shells. Hopefully they'll send back a pair that works for you this time.

In the meantime, this just arrived. Even after Bloom Audio basically blast-proofed their shipping container, there was still a little wear on the packaging. Inside contents are fine.
IMG_20210506_102725.jpg
IMG_20210506_102828.jpg
Might be hard to tell in the photo, but there's a little bit of the ol' Sennheiser Sparkle going on with the casing here. Really like this effect, especially on a case this large. I don't anticipate this thing being a fingerprint magnet at all.
IMG_20210506_103017.jpg
But it's a big honker. Here they are sitting next to the WH3, which are already fairly large for their size/form factor. When those reviewers said you wouldn't have an issue fitting large IEMs in here, they weren't kidding. I can fit the WH3, stem and all, inside each cup and have room for extra tips left over.

Did have some issues getting it to charge on the wireless pad at first. Unplugged and plugged the charging pad back in and now we're good to go. User guide doesn't help much, but looks like there's a front-panel LED that blinks red whilst charging.

Once it's done with charging, I've got a few sets of MMCX IEMs that I can test with it:
  • Etymotic ER4XR (will probably pass on this as the Etymotion cable is already perfect for them and supports aptX HD)
  • Campfire Audio Comet
  • Dunu DK-3001 Pro
  • Tin HiFi T2 Pro
  • Tin HiFi P1 (Saving this one for last as it's going to be the hardest to drive and the one I'm most excited to test...delayed gratification is necessary here)
You will have no problems fitting XL IEMs in that case for sure. 😆

Looking forward to your impressions.

May 6, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #32,938 of 62,437
Snapped some photos of the 3 "TWS" foam tips I had on hand.

From left to right: Dekoni TWS, TrueGrip Pro (with the dust filter), TrueGrip Premium

Somehow mixed up the order, but Dekoni TWS, Comply TrueGrip Premium, TrueGrip Pro

I really dig the Premiums, but don't know how one would find them again. They seem to have the smallest form factor of the bunch as well. Need to spend more time with the TrueGrip Pro and Dekoni TWS, but it would stand to reason if the TW-200 weren't wide enough, you'd be better off with the TrueGrip Pro. Doesn't extend enough? Dekoni.

Edit for listening impressions:
I don't like what the Pro's debris filter does to the MT's upper midrange/treble response. Both the Dekoni and TrueGrip Premium alter the overall sound signature much less. If I had to pick a favorite at the moment, I'd probably go with the Dekoni as they're the most comfortable in my ears and there's really not much of a tradeoff in sound quality. I think they're also less expensive than either Comply.
How do the dekoni compare to the silicone ones? You think they could last long time? Sound quality? Comfort?

Edit: never mind, you later posted they don't fit the case. Not worth trying then.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #32,939 of 62,437
How do the dekoni compare to the silicone ones? You think they could last long time? Sound quality? Comfort?
Compared to the Final TWS (as I'm pretty sure all my stock MT tips are tucked away in the closet upstairs), the Dekoni provide a noticeable lower bass (not sub-bass) lift and crush the upper midrange a little bit. The effect is much milder when compared to what the Complys do. In terms of pure SQ, the Final TWS will take it for detail freaks. Those wanting more dynamics or have issues with the buds slipping out should be more than happy with the Dekoni.

I think the Dekoni will last plenty long. You don't need to compress the foam for fit, which is a major plus. I do have some Dekoni foams for IEMs that are still doing just fine, but the material on these TWS tips are a little more dense than the IEM ones and I think that helps as well.

They clean pretty easily as well. I just run a moistened finger around the perimeter if any debris gets stuck on; that's really all it needs.

May 6, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #32,940 of 62,437
Interesting, they have flown under my radar so far .. first check and it appears that they are available locally, same price as the Galaxy Buds Pro ... now I have another rabbit hole to follow down :D
If you can buy where there is a return policy go for it.
after everything I have owned including the Sony the 85t jabra and the mTW2 these outlasted all of them as the best overall package for fit comfort sound and features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back