Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #29,716 of 62,417
I just picked up the soundpeats sonics for a cheap button based tws with a supposed 11hr listening time. One problem, the buttons are to stiff and push the buds into the ear.
Are there any comparable button based tws that have at least 6hrs per charge but have a very soft button push that don't drive them into your ear canal?

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #29,717 of 62,417
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #29,718 of 62,417
I just picked up the soundpeats sonics for a cheap button based tws with a supposed 11hr listening time. One problem, the buttons are to stiff and push the buds into the ear.
Are there any comparable button based tws that have at least 6hrs per charge but have a very soft button push that don't drive them into your ear canal?
Liberty 2 pro

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #29,721 of 62,417
That's a major problem indeed. I wonder how I can get wax guard and still use tips without waxguard on it.
Simplest solution would be to find a similar mesh/fabric and place it between the nozzle opening and the tip. It's probably not the prettiest, but it would work.

For a more permanent solution you could super glue the mesh/fabric onto the tip; using a toothpick to apply glue and tweezers to apply mesh may be useful. This is non-reversible (for the tip) and can be a bit messy though.

Edit: this can, in theory change the sound of the headphones! Granted it's for a different headphone, wax guards can be used to help tune the sound of headphones as seen in the ADDIEM here (see "on second thought #3).

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #29,723 of 62,417
Thanks I'll take a look at both those options. I didn't realize the liberty 2 pro's were button based.

I've never had issues with buttons and kind of prefer any sort of pressure-based system. Touch controls tend to be very finicky for me and have a small learning curve with every headphone (timing differences, location of the touch sensitive areas, etc.). Some are done better than others, but there is a lot of inconsistency. A button is a physical mechanism and you get feedback from it so you know it was pressed. Accidental touches when adjusting fit is also less of an issue with buttons as well.

Feb 26, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #29,724 of 62,417
I've had the Senn Momentum TW2's since April and absolutely am in love with them. They get used every day and my high end wired IEM's are just gathering dust. If I wanted to get a second pair of True Wireless buds to be able to throw into the mix that are high end as well that can give me sound on par with the Senns' but perhaps slightly different, what would you recommend? There are probably only a few that truly compare no? Sony's are out because I don't like how they fit, with so much of the bud outside of your ear. The Technics look really good to me, anybody used both?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #29,725 of 62,417
I've had the Senn Momentum TW2's since April and absolutely am in love with them. They get used every day and my high end wired IEM's are just gathering dust. If I wanted to get a second pair of True Wireless buds to be able to throw into the mix that are high end as well that can give me sound on par with the Senns' but perhaps slightly different, what would you recommend? There are probably only a few that truly compare no? Sony's are out because I don't like how they fit, with so much of the bud outside of your ear. The Technics look really good to me, anybody used both?
If you want something now, and something that imo has better ANC than the MTW2, the Technics are a great option. 85T are also worth a look and have great ANC. Edit, I've owned all 3, currently still have the MTW2 and AZ70, i like MTW1 sq better so selling MTW2.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #29,726 of 62,417
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #29,727 of 62,417
Hello :) I'd like to buy new headphones and can't choose between the Jabra 85T, Melomania Touch and the KEF mu3. Can someone help me make the decision? :)

To me: iPhone users, so only aac. I like bass-heavy music, but also rock and acoustic songs. Sound quality is most important to me. ANC is great, but good passive isolation is enough for me. I only make calls sometimes, so it's not so important. Hope someone can help with the decision, someone could test two or 3 of the headphones? The KEF mu3 doesn't have an app, so you have to live with the presets? Thank you :)
Wow I just got my KEF mu3. The sound is absolutely incredible with my iPhone. The case and buds are stunning looking and they fit amazing. Blows away Sony XM3, Jabra 65, NUARL N6P

These might be my endgame TWS. came super fast too (USA).

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #29,729 of 62,417
The UAs are, to my memory, basically mid-tier JBLs that are more workout tough. If waterproofing and a secure fit are your top priorities, then go for it. Those types of in-ears are usually pretty uncomfortable long-term, too. Seems like the smarter buy would be to either a) get the Club Pro+ if you need something now or b) wait a few more weeks for the seasonal announcements to be made to see if they're releasing another. JBL does have a knack for quietly discontinuing things, though, so I wouldn't sleep on it too long.

As for the RHA, I think they'll probably sound fine and it's nice to see aptX, but I'm a little confused that it's not aptX Adaptive. For a new release, that would seem to me to be a requirement.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #29,730 of 62,417
Can we get your impressions on ambient mode and ANC?
Sure! So this isn’t very scientific but I went into my bathroom that has a loud fan and it was dead silent with Katie Melua stardust playing. One press on the left switched to ambient and i could clearly hear the fan. One more press turned ANC off (voice confirmation on each mode btw).

As someone else said, the fit is incredible so some of this might be passive. It came with 3 other sets of tips but I just stuck them in my ears and it’s perfect. it almost feels like a magnet is holding them inside my ears. Super pimp looking too and they don’t stick out at all

haven’t tested phone calls get

Users who are viewing this thread

Back