Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 25, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #29,626 of 62,458
I can wholeheartedly agree with you based on the past couple hours' worth of experience. In terms of raw practicality, the 85t have easily taken the cake. What sealed the deal for me was having a Skype call with my manager (who was mowing the lawn on their end) and me running one of those robotic vacuum cleaners on mine. We were both using Jabras and couldn't hear anything but each others' voices. Now I'm really tempted to grab the USB dongle that allows for improved computer call quality to see how much better they can get.

And I agree with you on them not having exceptional EQ. It's been playing the whole FR pretty well during this demo playlist and they're not fatiguing, but nothing's really stuck out to me like on some of my other top picks. I was going to completely write off the M&Ds until I heard the brass section come in on Mae's (m) (a) (e) EP. For what it's worth, that's been one stellar album for testing headphones. Lots of fun little audio tricks and lots of nuances in the recording.

I wouldn't hesitate on the dongle especially if you deal with VOIP calls frequently. I'm using the Jabra 75t active on Cisco Jabber calls anywhere 8- 10 hours a day and from the improved call quality to being able to use your phone (multipoint capable) It is truly a life saver. The incredible thing is that it seems to work with all other TWS (except Samsung for some reason.)

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #29,627 of 62,458
The incredible thing is that it seems to work with all other TWS (except Samsung for some reason.)
I think you just sold me on that statement alone. Didn't think about this, but could be a major boon as I noticed I couldn't successfully pair up my UE FITS to my laptop today. If this dongle is the magic fix, that's reason enough.

Did you order it anywhere in particular?

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #29,628 of 62,458
Do you have comfort issues?? I found them uncomfortable and returned after a month. I found Sony xm3 and melomania touch to be much more comfortable
Very comfy with Spinfit 360's.

Attachments

• PXL_20210225_075039788.jpg
    PXL_20210225_075039788.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #29,629 of 62,458
Hello guys. I have a question. I am seriously considering purchasing fiil t1pro but I am a bit hesitant regarding the Chinese language stuff. Does T1XS has a separate app in English? Or do they use the same app. Also do you think that it is a good choice compared to sony wf-1000xm3? I know Sony is almost the double price. Do you think that it deserves the price gap?

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #29,630 of 62,458
Hello guys. I have a question. I am seriously considering purchasing fiil t1pro but I am a bit hesitant regarding the Chinese language stuff. Does T1XS has a separate app in English? Or do they use the same app. Also do you think that it is a good choice compared to sony wf-1000xm3? I know Sony is almost the double price. Do you think that it deserves the price gap?

The T1XS has an English app. The other versions may get an English app in the future.

There are guides on YouTube on how to use the Chinese app - it's not difficult.

I went for the T1 Lite, they miss some features of the T1 pro but are half the price with apparently better sound quality.

Google T1 Lite review and you will find a comparative review on a site called scarbir.

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #29,631 of 62,458
The T1XS has an English app. The other versions may get an English app in the future.

There are guides on YouTube on how to use the Chinese app - it's not difficult.

I went for the T1 Lite, they miss some features of the T1 pro but are half the price with apparently better sound quality.

Google T1 Lite review and you will find a comparative review on a site called scarbir.
I have read almost all reviews of scarbir :)). Got Mpow X3 (because of a deal) but got a bit disappointed. Therefore I wanted to ask you guys. Thanks a lot for the response!

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #29,633 of 62,458
You use the same sennheiser app with both so you get access to the same equalizer in there.
Right, was just trying to see if the CX was voiced similar to the MTW1 or 2. i figured it would be the 2, but was holding out hope.

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #29,634 of 62,458
Personally I’m a big fan of Jabra. Not because the SQ is that exceptional it’s more so for the ease of use. Everything works as it should and they are reliable and sound very good with some tweaks. The user experience is very good, especially nowadays while working from home and many people look for a set of TWS for calls and music.
I totally agree. last year i got both the 85 T and Evolve 2 85 sent to me for review, and they both do so many things well out of the box. I gifted the 85T to my Mom but thinking of picking a pair up. as is, i use the evolve 2 85 for work. i can have music playing at a nice volume from a Google home about 6 feet from my desk, have sideTone set to 100% and hear my co workers and the music perfectly, and no one on the other end hears the music playing at all. makes me wonder how effective the 85T might be. I tested it for call quality in a number of scenarios, but when i first tried this with the Evolve 2 85 it worked much better than i thought it would. This is another scenario i'll add going forward for all my reviews.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #29,636 of 62,458
I am still not sure why anyone with audiophile tendencies would still pursue standard offerings of wireless IEMs when with as little as 160 euros you can do the FiiO UTWS3 adapters and a hybrid 10 driver IEM like the KZ ZAX...with many other options even cheaper [or more expensive]

The combo is on a completely different level to the Sony WF1000-XM3 or MTW...for less money....

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #29,637 of 62,458
Continuing my quest for Low Latency TWS (and not necessarily those that have aptX LL - since there's really only two such models), I wound up giving the Jabees Firefly Vintage a shot. Got it on sale w/10% off and given the features touted aside from the LL (that is not hardware/software dependent): aptX, AAC, BT 5.2, Noise Canceling (though I'm not sure if this is just for calls) and Transparency mode, wireless charging and even an app (though I haven't been able to get it working) I figured it was worth a shot. Very initial zero burn-in impressions is that these are quite good sounding with very crisp treble and elevated bass (teensy bit bloated but gives it a fun profile). Will need more time with it and formulate a way to measure the latency empirically. More to come...
I just got these last night, i'm hoping that bass setles down after a while. i couldn't get ANC of any kind to work, it may just be for background noise of calls. controls i've gotten to work, press and hold on each for 3 seconds or so for assistant, press once on left or right for volume down and up respectively, there is beeping with each volume step, WHYYYY!? 2 taps for play-pause on each, 3 taps on left for track back and 3 on right for track forward.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #29,638 of 62,458
I just got these last night, i'm hoping that bass setles down after a while. i couldn't get ANC of any kind to work, it may just be for background noise of calls. controls i've gotten to work, press and hold on each for 3 seconds or so for assistant, press once on left or right for volume down and up respectively, there is beeping with each volume step, WHYYYY!? 2 taps for play-pause on each, 3 taps on left for track back and 3 on right for track forward.
Looking forward to your impressions. Re: ANC, I suspect you're right in that it's just for calls. As for the controls, they are interesting in that it's a hybrid touch/physical button - first of its kind that I've experienced and kinda cool but also flaky. The Transparency (which by the way is not great due to excessive white noise - but apparently there are three different modes that can be accessed via the app that I can't get to work on either Android or iOS despite resetting the buds as suggested by Jabees support) and Gaming modes can only be invoked by a physical press rather than the touch controls. Agreed that I could also do without the beeping for volume but do appreciate the chime indicating on/off of the Transparency/Gaming modes - what I especially can't stand is the full blast shouting every time these buds are connected/disconnected or goes into pairing mode - wish one could tone that down. However as for the SQ, still really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #29,639 of 62,458
I am still not sure why anyone with audiophile tendencies would still pursue standard offerings of wireless IEMs when with as little as 160 euros you can do the FiiO UTWS3 adapters and a hybrid 10 driver IEM like the KZ ZAX...with many other options even cheaper [or more expensive]

The combo is on a completely different level to the Sony WF1000-XM3 or MTW...for less money....
Convenience. I know a lot of people here like those adapters but they are not for everyone. Personally, I like the form factor of what you call "standard" true wireless and the pocketability during commutes. They also have great features (like ambient modes which are great for hearing train and boarding announcements). Pre COVID, I used wired for when I actually cared about SQ. Now with COVID, it is annoying enough wearing a mask with glasses...I can't imagine having three things hooked on my ear. I would still rather use wired at that point (I bought two V60 phones recently to make sure I can do that for a few more years). My Galaxy Buds Live with their open design have been getting the most use these days with being on calls all day and not having to touch them when I am out and about running errands (they go in my ear before I leave and come out after I get back home).

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #29,640 of 62,458

it's a great question. I think for me i've owned some nice iems in the past, but i generally prefer over ears. When i first started down this audio rabbit hole, my first purchases were headphones. I'd had plenty experience with cheap iems and felt at the time that the gap from the iems i'd used previously to something like the SE535 was to large and to much to pay. I'd heard the 215, XBAH1 and others and i just felt my money was better spent on headphones. Despite making to many purchases, i've largely stuck to my unofficial parameters. no more than $300 for an iem; wired, true wireless etc. No more than $400 for a Bluetooth over ear etc. Following this has served me well because i've found a number of products tuned differently that i enjoy, and they all have convenience of some kind, which brings me back to True Wireless. if i can get a sound that i'd enjoy for an extended amount of time while away from home, and it has great ambient, ANNC etc; than i am interested. IF it only has sq i enjoy, than i spend a lot less. Having said all that, there are so many wired iems at great prices these days and i've been looking at different BT adaptors as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back