Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 5, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #28,996 of 62,422
Some people can't get a good fit which is pretty normal for iem. Then there are people who is super sensitif for treble and find the pro too fatiguing. Another one is some people don't use samsung phone so no "superior" codec.
From the gbuds live and pro, the normal setting actually sounds the best from all other settings.
Bass boost = muddy
Soft = less muddy
Dynamic = more fun, but a bit too much mid bass boost for my liking
Clear = the sound become a bit too thin imho
Treble boost = no!
Cheers! I personally like the clear one the most, the vocals sound most realistic there. The normal setting is too thick for me..

Crinacle has a very specific sound that he prefers in his headphones. This highly influences both the tonal and technical scores. A lot of people agree with said sound, others are neutral, and others don’t like said sound.
That makes sense.. Cheers

The new style case DOES ALLOW regular tips! I did not even have to try Clear on EQ. The normal eq is tuned excellent for me already.
Ah, that's great news! One of the downsides of TWS is that they seldom allow for tip rolling

I just tried Azla XElastec tips which technically fit, but I'm not sure I like how they sound on the Galaxy Buds Pro. I definitely get a better seal, but the bass is actually a bit too boomy now. The buds will still fit in the case and properly charge.
Yeah, the xelastec is a hit or miss with me too..

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #28,998 of 62,422
Well, I can say I am very happy with my Status Audio Between Pros. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of my other tws but as for sound, it is top-notch IMO. Very pleased with it. At $79 it is outperforming my $200-300 sets.
Price is good but why in 2021 skimp on better features. Why not add them and charge 30 more?

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #28,999 of 62,422
Price is good but why in 2021 skimp on better features. Why not add them and charge 30 more?

They said they wanted to focus on sound and battery life. Originally had transparency mode but removed it for some reason. They felt since the headphones can do mono mode it was unnecessary. While I would enjoy those other features like anc, transparency, multipoint, etc. I am kinda glad they focused on sound. I enjoy the sound of these more than the 75t, APP, MTW 2, 1000xm3, etc. Just ticks my boxes sound wise. When I need ANC or transparency mode I just switch to one of those other devices.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #29,000 of 62,422
Did you receive a shipment confirmation yet? Ordered as well but haven’t heard anything since the order confirmation.
No shipping yet, actually the order still reads as Unprocessed on KEF’s website. They must be swamped as they haven’t replied to an e-mail I sent either.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #29,001 of 62,422
They said they wanted to focus on sound and battery life. Originally had transparency mode but removed it for some reason. They felt since the headphones can do mono mode it was unnecessary. While I would enjoy those other features like anc, transparency, multipoint, etc. I am kinda glad they focused on sound. I enjoy the sound of these more than the 75t, APP, MTW 2, 1000xm3, etc. Just ticks my boxes sound wise. When I need ANC or transparency mode I just switch to one of those other devices.
Might as well just get the sound core Liberty 2 pro then. They got every thing these do. I am glad you like but in 2021 to not offer ambient mode or ANC just doesn't make sense.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #29,004 of 62,422
I mean I guess it depends on what you are looking for. These are cheaper than the Liberty 2 Pro and sound better than them.
Not in Canada and you got that price as an early bird. Now is 99$ as Canadian shipping and you are at 115$. The L2P are at about 100$ right now on Amazon. They can be tuned amazing. Maybe out of the box they sound worse. My only rain they aren't my every day buds are for lack of ambient and ANC. Same reason at least for me I would go for status audio.
If they ever make an upgraded one with those 2 features would be all over it though. Enjoy the sound am sure it is great. I am a fan of multi driver tws. Seems to allow much better separation and detail in low and high notes.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #29,005 of 62,422
Just got an email from Audeze about the Euclid. At first I was really hyped upon seeing that they were closed-back TWS, but then I saw the price tag ($1299) LOL. Considering the price tag, and the fact that they can be used wired (detachable MMCX cable), they seem more like high-end IEMs, not really competitors in the TWS space. But I guess it's nice to see more products from Audeze, even though I was really hoping for sub $400 TWSs from them
1612549846700.png

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #29,006 of 62,422
Just got an email from Audeze about the Euclid. At first I was really hyped upon seeing that they were closed-back TWS, but then I saw the price tag ($1299) LOL. Considering the price tag, and the fact that they can be used wired (detachable MMCX cable), they seem more like high-end IEMs, not really competitors in the TWS space. But I guess it's nice to see more products from Audeze, even though I was really hoping for sub $400 TWSs from them1612549846700.png

I was super excited until I saw that price tag... Dang...

Feb 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #29,007 of 62,422
Just got an email from Audeze about the Euclid. At first I was really hyped upon seeing that they were closed-back TWS, but then I saw the price tag ($1299) LOL. Considering the price tag, and the fact that they can be used wired (detachable MMCX cable), they seem more like high-end IEMs, not really competitors in the TWS space. But I guess it's nice to see more products from Audeze, even though I was really hoping for sub $400 TWSs from them
I really wish they would make a tws product.

Feb 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #29,010 of 62,422
True, but will they have the power to make it sound decent?

Likely yes, it's a 105 dB / 1 mW sensitivity and 12 ohm impedance. So it should be very easy to drive.

Edit: numbers take from here since it was the first thing to pop up on Google :p

Edit 2: numbers confirmed on Audeze's website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back