Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #28,261 of 62,405
I saw that Sony dropped some new home speakers today out the blue so hopefully the XM4 are incoming!

They have to have something right? The headphones are already out and the microLED TV's were done 2 days ago and the speakers. Gotta have something left for the CES week. :)

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #28,262 of 62,405
Between the CA Touch issues and the delays on the Status Between Pro and how much I am enjoying the AZ70 I am glad I took the leap and that they worked out for me as I don't have to go through any of the hassles your all dealing with. I am still hoping the Between Pro sound awesome though and look forward to reading the reviews and impressions when people get them.

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #28,264 of 62,405
The 85ts are my favorite TWS to date
Got them this week and have been experimenting with different tips and eq settings. Now back on largest tips stock and eq up in treble and tiny flat in mid and a tiny bump up in upper bass flat in bass and they sound sound great.

Similar sound as the Sony XM3 but with slightly softer but more forward mids.
Kind of like the Technics mids and XM3 for rest. Fitis comfortable and outside the first few minutes where they felt a but loose after wearing for 5 or 10 minutes they feel snug and no amount of head shake make them loose.

For me a huge plus is the hearthrough AnC are great and having buttons really help in Canadian winter. Went snow showing hat on today with family. Volume at 25% hearthrough on. Was great and cod easily push buttons with gloves on through my winter hat.

I know Jabra not thought of as an audiophile brand but they really did an amazing job on these with the new drivers and shape.

The sound is very tunable. It has a wider sound stage with clearer mids and highs than is predecessor. And while the bass is not as heavy it as good as the XM3 and better than most buds I have tested.

People really should reconsider them. Outside of independent left and right(right use only) they have every feature you could want in a tws.

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #28,265 of 62,405
My issue is that the 85t fit me so well. They do not sound bad either. I can wear them all day with no discomfort- I never managed to get that with my Andromedas...
SmartSelect_20210109-140448_Sound+.jpg

Using this EQ setting with 85t.
Really enjoying even with the stock tips

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #28,266 of 62,405
Between the CA Touch issues and the delays on the Status Between Pro and how much I am enjoying the AZ70 I am glad I took the leap and that they worked out for me as I don't have to go through any of the hassles your all dealing with. I am still hoping the Between Pro sound awesome though and look forward to reading the reviews and impressions when people get them.
The Technics were a good bud overall but I did return them. They were too bass light for me. The overall volume was too low as well especially for workouts. I am using the 85t at the moment and am feeling I am getting a nice sound somewhat in between the Sony and the Technics. Comfortable, Qi charging, great ANC and easy to EQ. Nice small case too. Would not have bought them at the initial 300$cdn price but got the for 215$cdn on Amazon. So have easy return option unlike best buy where can't return ear buds.
@dweaver Of you have a chance yet them. I know you said you like a warmer sound and these before EQ are warmer than the AZ70.

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #28,267 of 62,405
Touch is getting frustrating. Took them out of the case and only left side connected. I put them back in the case, took them out but again only left side connected. I unpaired them in Bluetooth settings. I held down both earbuds for 10secs to reset them while in the case and got them paired. Unfortunately, right side wouldn't connect. I reset them again but still right side won't connect. I put them back in the case, closed it and took them out again. This time, same issue - melomania app shows only the left earbud. I became so frustrated that I just went to the Sony xm3, which connected instantly and currently using the Sony.

I am thinking of giving up on the Touch.. Now I realize why several of you returned them. This is aggravating, but I will try couple more days to give it my all before giving up. All I want to do is listen to my music - it's not worth the frustration.
Sorry to say I am going to follow this route unless there is a miracle fix in the next couple of days. I very much like the sound signature, but two things have become obvious. Conectivity out of the case is way too wonky for reliable use. Also, I notice on the app the the right bud only charges to 50%, while the left one is at 100%. Something not right with the right bud, as noted with both of our usage. Not sure how a reputable outfit like CA put these out on the market, but this is a serious fail.

The upside is once they are connected and I leave the house, they stay connected. But the other day, had a doctor visit, walked there (after the initial connection whack a mole) and they sounded great. When it was time to walk home, had to spend 5 minutes in the building lobby getting them connected (both sides) again, out of the case.

I doubt this is going to get fixed via firmware. So before I have to make a payment on my Amazon credit account, I probably will ship them back. I still have the M1s here, which I used today and they are rock solid, excellent sound.

And as noted, I am prepaid for a Status Audio Between Pro, which appear to be ready to ship. They are triple driver BT in-ear phones, with ANC. Weird looking, but at $79 as an early Indiegogo buyer, worth a shot. I have the Status Audio BT One on-ear BT phones and find them amazing for the price ($49 on Amazon sale). So trying to be optimistic, even if it is an Indiegogo purchase.

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #28,268 of 62,405
I hope CA will come out with some sort of statement about the issues. Instead of being dead silent about it publicly like Sennheiser was with the battery drain issue.

I'll deffo buy them once we know that all issues are fixed.

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #28,269 of 62,405
Sorry to say I am going to follow this route unless there is a miracle fix in the next couple of days. I very much like the sound signature, but two things have become obvious. Conectivity out of the case is way too wonky for reliable use. Also, I notice on the app the the right bud only charges to 50%, while the left one is at 100%. Something not right with the right bud, as noted with both of our usage. Not sure how a reputable outfit like CA put these out on the market, but this is a serious fail.

The upside is once they are connected and I leave the house, they stay connected. But the other day, had a doctor visit, walked there (after the initial connection whack a mole) and they sounded great. When it was time to walk home, had to spend 5 minutes in the building lobby getting them connected (both sides) again, out of the case.

I doubt this is going to get fixed via firmware. So before I have to make a payment on my Amazon credit account, I probably will ship them back. I still have the M1s here, which I used today and they are rock solid, excellent sound.

And as noted, I am prepaid for a Status Audio Between Pro, which appear to be ready to ship. They are triple driver BT in-ear phones, with ANC. Weird looking, but at $79 as an early Indiegogo buyer, worth a shot. I have the Status Audio BT One on-ear BT phones and find them amazing for the price ($49 on Amazon sale). So trying to be optimistic, even if it is an Indiegogo purchase.

Have you tried waiting a couple of seconds for the led's to turn on before taking them out of the case? I've have much better success doing that. At the very least, even if one of the earbuds doesn't flash the LED's I know I need to hold the touch controls for a couple of seconds to turn them back, and they'll re-pair automatically.

Don't get me wrong, still a huge issue, but I can at least use the earbuds with some consistency and actually enjoy them.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #28,270 of 62,405
I see some guys returning their Touches. Not me, still love them: sound, comfort, battery life and the low price. Yes, they have some connection issues. Maybe, sometimes I need to touch one earbud to wake it up. But when they connected, the connection is rock solid. I just don't use the app which is making the buds buggy. If it's off, they work just fine.
I bought Gemini Devialets and they have way more connection issues. I returned them in 3 days. Couldn't handle it.
I will definitely keep my pair of MT, hoping that they will fix these issues with the new firmware, I still have 55 days to decide. That's plenty of time.

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #28,271 of 62,405
I hope CA will come out with some sort of statement about the issues. Instead of being dead silent about it publicly like Sennheiser was with the battery drain issue.

I'll deffo buy them once we know that all issues are fixed.

It was posted before, but CA sent an email to people that bought them through their website before many of us actually recieved them:

"Thank you for purchasing our Melomania Touch earphones. We’re excited that you are one of the first to own them.

We’re also completely committed to your satisfaction - it’s extremely important to us that you enjoy these earphones, so we constantly seek feedback on what can be improved, and we’re here should you need any help.

Since the launch of Melomania Touch we’ve become aware of a few things that we could have done better and apologise if your user experience has been less than perfect. Learning from initial feedback, we have come up with some tips which may ease possible frustration.

To improve your product as time goes on, we will make regular firmware updates, so check the Melomania App and update your firmware to enjoy these ongoing enhancements and bug fixes. For some users, updating firmware or changing Audio Mode can require one or more attempts if the Bluetooth connection isn’t completely stable. If this happens, check the earphones are still connected in your phone’s Bluetooth settings and try again. We’re actively working on a firmware fix that will ensure a seamless experience first time, every time."

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #28,272 of 62,405
A bit disappointed to read all the bad review re the CA Melomania Touch as I was hoping to get them but with wonky connectivity, fragile case hinges and questionable app and battery it’s a no go.

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #28,273 of 62,405
It was posted before, but CA sent an email to people that bought them through their website before many of us actually recieved them:

"Thank you for purchasing our Melomania Touch earphones. We’re excited that you are one of the first to own them.

We’re also completely committed to your satisfaction - it’s extremely important to us that you enjoy these earphones, so we constantly seek feedback on what can be improved, and we’re here should you need any help.

Since the launch of Melomania Touch we’ve become aware of a few things that we could have done better and apologise if your user experience has been less than perfect. Learning from initial feedback, we have come up with some tips which may ease possible frustration.

To improve your product as time goes on, we will make regular firmware updates, so check the Melomania App and update your firmware to enjoy these ongoing enhancements and bug fixes. For some users, updating firmware or changing Audio Mode can require one or more attempts if the Bluetooth connection isn’t completely stable. If this happens, check the earphones are still connected in your phone’s Bluetooth settings and try again. We’re actively working on a firmware fix that will ensure a seamless experience first time, every time."

Oh, much better response compared to Sennheiser.

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #28,275 of 62,405
I see some guys returning their Touches. Not me, still love them: sound, comfort, battery life and the low price. Yes, they have some connection issues. Maybe, sometimes I need to touch one earbud to wake it up. But when they connected, the connection is rock solid. I just don't use the app which is making the buds buggy. If it's off, they work just fine.
I bought Gemini Devialets and they have way more connection issues. I returned them in 3 days. Couldn't handle it.
I will definitely keep my pair of MT, hoping that they will fix these issues with the new firmware, I still have 55 days to decide. That's plenty of time.

Do you have any issues with only one earbud having sound and other one doesn't?

Have you tried waiting a couple of seconds for the led's to turn on before taking them out of the case? I've have much better success doing that. At the very least, even if one of the earbuds doesn't flash the LED's I know I need to hold the touch controls for a couple of seconds to turn them back, and they'll re-pair automatically.

Don't get me wrong, still a huge issue, but I can at least use the earbuds with some consistency and actually enjoy them.

So you open the case and wait for both earbuds to light up. If one of them don't light up, you hold the touch control to turn that one on. As long as both have the light on, they re-pair automatically as soon as you remove them from the case. Is that correct? (or do they pair while inside the case?)

Are you able to consistently get it to connect that way?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back