Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 22, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #27,841 of 62,437
Can you share your EQ settings for them?
I am using 3rd party Player on Iphone, called JetAudio. It has it's own EQ and plugin called AM3D Audio Anhancer which makes the bass even deeper and treble better.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #27,842 of 62,437
I am using 3rd party Player on Iphone, called JetAudio. It has it's own EQ and plugin called AM3D Audio Anhancer which makes the bass even deeper and treble better.
Cool. Didn't know an iPhone offered such capabilities. I haven't been on iOS for a year partly because of the Audio limitations. The update seems to have fixed the pairing issue so now they automatically paid to my phone at least. I also detect some background noise associated with the ANC that is louder than Bose. Doesn't bother me but it's there.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #27,843 of 62,437
I use the auto eq, and use the CX400 profile as well as the MTW2 settings.

Usually prefer the MTW2 high end tuning profile.

My cx400bt sounds even better with Wavelet on auto eq! I tried presets for cx400, mtw, mtw2 and mtw2 high tuning. I tried other full headphones too like my hd600, but it got muddy with earbuds lol. Of course, that's expected. No way a wireless earbud is replicating a wired HD600.

I tried different earbuds presets too, but most of them sounded out of tune due to being powered by completely different drivers. I also realized Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 has very similar sound signature to the cx400/mtw/mtw2. I could distinguish between the two as I went back and forth, but it was very similar to my ears. I have a feeling I am going to really like the new Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch, which releases on January 1. I'm definitely getting those to try + compare. If they sound similar AND have all of the missing features on top of that for $160, I'm keeping them over cx400.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #27,844 of 62,437
All of you should try Wavelet on android/iphone. I don't know exactly how the presets are set for so many individual earbuds/headphones, but they sound awesome.

Edit: Wavelet is not available on iPhone if you find this post in thread search

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #27,846 of 62,437
I get a lot of clipping on wavelet. Is there a way to address this?

There is a way to stop the clipping. Hit the 3 dots at top right. Enable 'legacy mode' and 'reduce clipping'

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #27,848 of 62,437
All of you should try Wavelet on android/iphone. I don't know exactly how the presets are set for so many individual earbuds/headphones, but they sound awesome.
Wavelet is for Android only.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #27,849 of 62,437
Dec 22, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #27,850 of 62,437
It's ok, the sound is great on Iphone as is.

Dec 22, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #27,851 of 62,437
OK I wish I knew which size of Comply tips I am using because they sound amazing on the AZ70. If you have some tips kicking around its worth playing with them to see if they will fit. It took the bass right to sweet spot and warmed the sound in general right to the spot of perfection. Listening to Patricia Barber right now and its just blissful.

Switched up to Rest by Backah Shae and the bass goes deeper, tried Cornfield Chase from Interstellar and the bass was not as not quite to the sweet spot but closer, Greg Keeler, When I See You, was spot on and the Piano in the song was slightly richer, switched to Nelly McKay, Zombie and it was not quite as sharp with a bit more warmth and the 3D sound scape was a bit wider, moved on to Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon and the bass is just a bit harder hitting and the songs have more warmth and a slightly wider sound stage.

So if anyone has the AZ70 and find it on so close to perfect but want some more warmth and bass presence then Comply tips will fit your bill.

I will keep trying to figure out what size I have...
Have some comply tips at home that I can test just not sure if they will fit.

Dec 22, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #27,852 of 62,437
What EQ tweaks are you making? I am using Aptx on my Fold 2 - sound is sublime. Closest to a wired experience I've had to date including MW07 and MTW2.

Like the earlier poster, I find the treble just a bit crisp, so I used the Devialet Gemini app to create a custom EQ that is stored with the buds so it is in effect from any source:

IMG_0106.jpeg

So now it's JUST right :wink:

Dec 22, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #27,853 of 62,437
Like the earlier poster, I find the treble just a bit crisp, so I used the Devialet Gemini app to create a custom EQ that is stored with the buds so it is in effect from any source:

IMG_0106.jpeg

So now it's JUST right :wink:
Yeah that was me... No need to touch bass or mids on these bad boys. I swear you can almost feel the bass on these. Pretty impressive. Yet it's controlled and not boomy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back