Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #27,542 of 62,437
Dec 2, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #27,543 of 62,437
An image of the new galaxy buds pro leaked.

Attachments

• galaxy_buds_pro.0.jpg
    galaxy_buds_pro.0.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #27,544 of 62,437
@Tronsmart Official . IMHO, there are a lot of BT speakers out there already, done quite well. You'd have to include some unique features to stand out.

But how about some updates to the firmware for the Apollo Bolds? I'd love to see that. :)
Hi,
Till now we have solved the problems you have feedback. If there is any other issue, please let us know.
Thanks.

Dec 2, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #27,545 of 62,437
Hi,
Till now we have solved the problems you have feedback. If there is any other issue, please let us know.
Thanks.

-user preset tunable custom EQ
-ability to turn off in ear proximity sensors
-making the sound between ANC/"ambient ON" to be the same to the "OFF" mode

if those are fixed, it would be much easier to recommend the Bold to others.
at this stage, it's good, but not the "king" at that price range

Dec 2, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #27,546 of 62,437
I need your guys help, im thinking to buy soundpeat 3 SE, but still not fully sure yet. im thinking about samsung buds + vs sony wf SP800n vs Jabra Elite 75t. My main concerned here are the build quality and battery most of my usage is for commuting only. ANC its crucial here. any advice? if not this 3 any suggestion for another tws ?

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #27,547 of 62,437
I need your guys help, im thinking to buy soundpeat 3 SE, but still not fully sure yet. im thinking about samsung buds + vs sony wf SP800n vs Jabra Elite 75t. My main concerned here are the build quality and battery most of my usage is for commuting only. ANC its crucial here. any advice? if not this 3 any suggestion for another tws ?

I have no experience with the models you have mentioned but from what I’m reading the ANC of the 75t is just ok but their sq should be a good option for all around use. I have one of the older models and I‘m very satisfied.
The SoundPeats are bass monster based on reviews and don’t offer much else but also cheaper: https://www.scarbir.com/tws/soundpeats-trueengine-se-dual-driver-review.
The Sony I know nothing about.

Maybe look at the Technics AZ70 as they seem to be a great option.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #27,548 of 62,437
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #27,549 of 62,437
Earfun Free wavelet file compensated to oratory1990 iem target

The default wavelet file for the Earfun Free is terrible. I have an earlier version of the Free, so I'm wondering if the file in the database is from a measurement of a newer version. It's way too bright to the point of destroying timbre, making the tws unlistenable to my ear.

Mine sounds much better, I think.

Attachments

• earfun free oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 3, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #27,551 of 62,437
Creative outlier air v2.

As comfortable as the first version. Much better connection strength.
But there is no aptX Adaptive/HD and LL support, only standard aptX and AAC. What a shame... Finally I pulled the trigger on the Creative Aurvana Trio Wireless neckband (with aptX HD and LL). By the way, there is no review of the Aurvana on Head-Fi yet!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #27,552 of 62,437
I got three in for testing today, will follow up with full reviews soon

KZ SA08 - They sound pretty amazing for TWS. Sometimes. Lows are exceptional as you would expect with BA, low mids are good, high mids hit and miss, sibilance a bit much. Connectivity hopeless. I'll probably keep them because music can sound amazing on them. They're also massive, they look like they've used a babies ear as their design template.

TaoTronics TT-95 - They look like the Edifier TWS200 to me. Same sharp edges to the end that digs in, sorry rests in, to your cartilage. Sound muddy AF. Avoid.

Soundpeats True Air 2 - Oh my god. They don't hang in the ear quite as well as the TT but everything is spot on with them. Connectivity is superb, sound quality is great, call quality is a touch robotic in complex scenes but they're keepers for sure - they'll be my daily Buds Live reserve when the battery dies.

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #27,553 of 62,437
I got three in for testing today, will follow up with full reviews soon

KZ SA08 - They sound pretty amazing for TWS. Sometimes. Lows are exceptional as you would expect with BA, low mids are good, high mids hit and miss, sibilance a bit much. Connectivity hopeless. I'll probably keep them because music can sound amazing on them. They're also massive, they look like they've used a babies ear as their design template.

TaoTronics TT-95 - They look like the Edifier TWS200 to me. Same sharp edges to the end that digs in, sorry rests in, to your cartilage. Sound muddy AF. Avoid.

Soundpeats True Air 2 - Oh my god. They don't hang in the ear quite as well as the TT but everything is spot on with them. Connectivity is superb, sound quality is great, call quality is a touch robotic in complex scenes but they're keepers for sure - they'll be my daily Buds Live reserve when the battery dies.
Good to know about the True Air 2's, always good to know which <$50 TWS earphones are good for calls.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #27,554 of 62,437
JVC released that $99 ANC model with 10mm driver but for the higher end they come with this one...

JVC KENWOOD will release the completely wireless type "ear-worn smart device" "WS-A1" from mid-January 2021 and "WS-A1G" from early February 2021 under the company's Kenwood brand. Both are open prices, but the market is expected to sell for around 35,000 yen (excluding tax).

"WS-A1 / WS-A1G"

It is a product that focuses on the use of voice assistants. The "WS-A1" is equipped with Amazon Alexa, and the "WS-A1G" is equipped with the Google Assistant. Accurate voice recognition is possible even in a noisy outdoor environment with the "triple microphone system" equipped with three microphones per ear and a unique algorithm.

Accurate voice recognition is possible with the "triple microphone system" and original algorithm

In addition, the company utilizes the technology cultivated in the development of headphones, such as installing a 10mm dynamic driver that uses a beryllium-coated diaphragm. The voice assistant's messages and call voices have clear and easy-to-hear sound quality, and music can be played with dynamic and delicate sound.

Equipped with an "ambient sound seamless control" function that allows you to seamlessly switch between noise canceling mode and external sound capture mode. You can adjust the ratio of blocking and capturing ambient sounds by simply tracing the touchpad on the right side of the main unit up and down.

In addition, the "Voice Enhancement Mode" function that clarifies the voice of the person who captured it makes it easy to talk and listen to the in-house broadcast of the facility even while wearing this product.

On the mounting surface, we have newly developed the "ear pillow" that realizes a comfortable and stable fit with a two-stage configuration of earpiece and ear support. The ear support part adopts "double layer silicon" consisting of two layers of soft material and hard material, pursuing a natural ear feel.

Continuous playback for up to about 8 hours is possible with noise canceling ON. Combined with charging in a special case, it can be used continuously for up to 24 hours. The special case opens with one hand, is designed so that the earphones can be taken out smoothly, and also supports wireless charging.

The structure of the case has been devised, such as opening the lid with one hand.

In addition, the Bluetooth codec supports aptX / AAC / SBC. The earphone body is equipped with IPX4 equivalent water resistance. The weight of the earphone body is about 9.6g (one side), and the case is 92.5g. The earpiece and ear support come in 3 sizes, L / M / S.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #27,555 of 62,437
Me on the other hand: Waiting for Fiil to update their English Fiil+ app to support the T1 Pro.

The T1XS is already being used more than the L2P for some reason these days (I suspect the tiny case and remarkably low latency has got something to do with it), so the moment the Fiil+ app gets updated...

Quoting for an update in case anyone is looking in. Still no update. Bit ridiculous really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back