Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #27,421 of 62,440
I am really liking the Technics AZ70, great ANC, comfortable, decent APP. They are probably going to be a more balanced sounding IEM compared to the SP800N if my Sony IEMs and Headphones are any indication so you will have to decide on that but the over all detail retrieval of the AZ70 is very high compared to my Sony iems having more balanced mids and a bit more sparkle in the treble region.

I love my Sony products but if you can get the AZ70 on sale I think you need to look at it.
Good option. I was looking at it but can't find it locally. with shipping and custom price will be around 220$. Twice the price of the Sony I'm looking at. I will think about it and try to find a better shipping options.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #27,422 of 62,440
Good option. I was looking at it but can't find it locally. with shipping and custom price will be around 220$. Twice the price of the Sony I'm looking at. I will think about it and try to find a better shipping options.
I am very familiar with that scenario of getting what you can affordably :wink:. If you can get the 800N for half the price of the AZ70 then that's a no brainer, go Sony! I know that model will likely sound awesome, almost it bought it myself a few times. actually probably should have ponied up the extra $50 when I bought the WF-XB700 and grabbed that one instead. If I had I might not of ended buyuing the AZ70 which would have saved me $200 on this addict... er hobby. LOL

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #27,423 of 62,440
I am very familiar with that scenario of getting what you can affordably :wink:. If you can get the 800N for half the price of the AZ70 then that's a no brainer, go Sony! I know that model will likely sound awesome, almost it bought it myself a few times. actually probably should have ponied up the extra $50 when I bought the WF-XB700 and grabbed that one instead. If I had I might not of ended buyuing the AZ70 which would have saved me $200 on this addict... er hobby. LOL

BEST HOBBY EVER.
I'm actually really thinking about the Technics...The better option is always better regardless the price :>
Beside the TWS I'm about to purchase another wired IEM for regular listening and use, So another 50-100$ to the TWS will bite from audio allowance...the Chi-Fi IEMs rabbit hole calls me!

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #27,424 of 62,440
I cant speak on the Klipsh but I can talk to the technics AZ70, the sound pro 2, and the original MTW.

First off I agree with not needing ANC but since the AZ70 has it I have to admit while I don't need it I really do appreciate having it. I like having ambient mode as well and almost find that one a more compelling feature at times.

Sonically speaking the AZ70 is super detailed and clean sounding and in my opinion heads and shoulders above the L2P and MTW. The L2P has a much bigger bass presence though so if you like that then the AZ70 might not be your cup of tea whereas the Klipsch might be, if they are anything like past Klipsch products I have owned. The MTW on the hand is a warmer signature but is less detailed.

Comfort wise I find the AZ70 very similar to the MTW but I have read the MTW2 is slightly smaller so might have a slight advantage in that regard. The L2P for is also very comfortable but in an obviously different form factor.

I prefer the physical buttons of the L2P over both AZ70 and MTW but can manage the touch panels so can live with the difference.

I have read people find the AZ70 a bit loose and I have to admit I notice they are bit loose feeling. BUT I did a head shake test with them in and they never came out of my ears so I am comfortable using them for the level of excercising I do.

for phone calls, I really like the L2P and had good experience with the MTW from memory. The AZ70 also seem OK but I have only done 1 call in only a lightly noising environment so the verdict is still out on that model. In comparison the WF-XB700 are horrible in noisy environments as people on the receiving end always complain about the background noise.

Take a hard look at those Klipsch if they are sale for a good price though, and read reviews and hopefully find one where the reviewer is also familiar with the L2P or likes the kind of music as you do and see if you can guage how they would be in comparison.

If your in Canada, the AZ70 is on sale for 199CAD which is about $150US so at that price the added ANC might just be some added gravy and their audiophile like sound quality make them a compelling TW in my opinion.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm seriously considering the AZ70. I actually EQ the bass down quite a bit on the L2P so I am thinking a more balanced frequency response is what I'm after. I think I'm down to picking up the Klipsch at $100 vs the Technics for $165. Pretty good sale price on both.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #27,425 of 62,440
One concern I do have the AZ70 is the case. Its premium feeling and pretty nice but the IEMs are a bit fussy going in it and more importantly the case feels ever so slightly fragile on the hinges.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #27,426 of 62,440
One concern I do have the AZ70 is the case. Its premium feeling and pretty nice but the IEMs are a bit fussy going in it and more importantly the case feels ever so slightly fragile on the hinges.
I wonder if the hinges are anything like the Sennheiser MTW 1? My case broke with delicate care in 2 pieces. I think that's unacceptable for 300 dollar TWs earbuds.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #27,427 of 62,440
I wonder if the hinges are anything like the Sennheiser MTW 1? My case broke with delicate care in 2 pieces. I think that's unacceptable for 300 dollar TWs earbuds.
I finally sent my MTW in for repair...will see what they say. There is actually a separate True Wireless Case option when you go to submit a repair request. It was too fragile and definitely a flaw in their design. Would've fallen apart sooner except they hadn't left my home since I started working from home in March.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #27,428 of 62,440
Thats exactly what happened to my MTW and I agree at that price thats just unacceptable!

Only time will tell but that's why I mentioned it because it does make me nervous. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Playing with the EQ tonight and it works quite well. I set the lowest bass to +2 and the next bass to +1 and thats made them slightly warmer and the bass has just a bit more heft. To many years listening to bass heavy sony's LOL. The change is very subtle but I like how double bass sounds with the addition and how it slightly modifies Patricia Barbers voice adding just a hint of warmth to her voice and minimized her sibilince on S's.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #27,429 of 62,440
Thats exactly what happened to my MTW and I agree at that price thats just unacceptable!

Only time will tell but that's why I mentioned it because it does make me nervous. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Playing with the EQ tonight and it works quite well. I set the lowest bass to +2 and the next bass to +1 and thats made them slightly warmer and the bass has just a bit more heft. To many years listening to bass heavy sony's LOL. The change is very subtle but I like how double bass sounds with the addition and how it slightly modifies Patricia Barbers voice adding just a hint of warmth to her voice and minimized her sibilince on S's.

I was reading somewhere (IIRC on Amazon) that the stock silicon tips don’t offer much in terms of bass and foam tips or thicker silicon tips provide much more bass and heft so it’s worth a shot since I’m sure you have some other tips in your possession 😁

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #27,430 of 62,440
Have some complys that should fit. Will try them out tomorrow. The stock sound is ever so close to perfect lol.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #27,431 of 62,440
i kinda love the Sony (can;t say anything about the other 2) but somehow I keep having minor connection issues with them, but I sense that might be an isolated case with my set (which I got from amazon warehouse) ... if you have a chance to test and possibly return, I warmly recommend the sony ... fit might be a different topic as ears vary ...
Thanks a lot!!

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #27,434 of 62,440
I know FIIL get a lot of love here already, but for those looking to order through Amazon US, big reductions tomorrow:

My review for the T1XS here : (5 stars)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fi...-wireless-tws-bluetooth-in-ear-earbuds.24631/

Scarbir (5 stars)

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1xs-review

T1X

Get 30% OFF FIIL T1X Earbuds - $34.99, was $49.99
Valid time: Nov 17, 2020 - Nov 22, 2020
Product link: https://t.co/Kf8wjz1nAS

Get 15% OFF FIIL T1X Earbuds - $42.22, was $49.99
Valid time: Nov 27, 2020 6:00 AM PST - Nov 27, 2020 12:00 PM PST
Product link: https://t.co/5M3Q3sSjXf

T1XS

Get 20% OFF FIIL T1XS White Earbuds - $47.99, was $59.99
Valid time: Nov 26, 2020 12:00 AM PST - Nov 27, 2020 11:59 PM PST
Product link: https://t.co/zpgtB3Kbbo

Get 20% OFF FIIL T1XS Black Earbuds - $47.99, was $59.99
Valid time: Nov 26, 2020 12:00 AM PST - Nov 27, 2020 11:59 PM PST
Product link: https://t.co/hlc0Dg8oSa

Get 16% OFF FIIL T1XS Black Earbuds - $49.99, was $59.99
Valid time: Nov 18, 2020 - Nov 22, 2020
Product link: https://t.co/fwDOPpfNDO
Looks like the T1X are on sale again for Black Friday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201127-003245.png
    Screenshot_20201127-003245.png
    636.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #27,435 of 62,440
I currently own the Jabra Sport Elite and been using them for 2 years. They are very reliable with great workout app and heartbeat monitor but looking for something better in terms of sq and so far narrowed down the list to:
Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
Creative Outlier gold
Technics AZ70
Jabra t75
Sony WF-1000 XM3
Bose Sporte earbud (new model)

Any houghts and recommendation are welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back