Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 14, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #26,536 of 62,437
Just got my Mpow M30 Plus'. Talk about bang for your buck. Great balance, plenty of punch bass, great mids. The highs are a little rolled off, but still good detail. I"m going to A/B them with the Fiil T1xs and see how they fair. For $35, these are a killer deal.

Oct 14, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #26,537 of 62,437
For me, the fit is good, but now the battery thing...dunno. I really like them and the sound, so I'm going to give it a bit more time. I have 30 days at Best Buy.

Well BOSE does stand for Buy Other Sound Equipment. :)

Oct 14, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #26,538 of 62,437
I looked for this switch and did not find it. I didn't spend much time looking for it. I will look again when I get home.
On MTW2, there were not a new firmware, just the updated Smart Control app with this new option/feature.
Sound with "High-End Sound Tuning" set to off, is just as it was before. I still find it better with it set to on.
InkedIMG_5726_LI.jpg

Oct 14, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #26,539 of 62,437
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I too prefer the normal mode. How long did you burn the M10 in? I put about 40 hours of burn in on my first T1x's. Had to exchange my T1XS for the terrible syncing and monitor mode issues, but I'm planning on burning my new pair in as they have a warmer sound than the T1X.
I burnt my fiil t1x in a little more than 40 hours using them through out the first week I bought them before my tranyas came in. I also just tried some AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short(small) and found they did improve the sound of the Tranay m10 abit but wasn't able to get everything out of them as the fit was STILL to big XD. I'm going to be returning these smalls and getting the ss size ones. Though from what I've been noticing maybe something maybe like the symbio w's might do the trick for improving the sound even more on the tranya.
I Burnt the m10s in for more than 30 hours, however today I noticed the sound of the tranya(in general) sounded better than normal. Still prefer normal mode though Xp.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #26,541 of 62,437
I burnt my fiil t1x in a little more than 40 hours using them through out the first week I bought them before my tranyas came in. I also just tried some AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short(small) and found they did improve the sound of the Tranay m10 abit but wasn't able to get everything out of them as the fit was STILL to big XD. I'm going to be returning these smalls and getting the ss size ones. Though from what I've been noticing maybe something maybe like the symbio w's might do the trick for improving the sound even more on the tranya.
I Burnt the m10s in for more than 30 hours, however today I noticed the sound of the tranya(in general) sounded better than normal. Still prefer normal mode though Xp.
I went through approximately the same process - although I found my optimal size before I found the Sedna's. I tried small first as well, and as it turns out I'm not small - I'm 6'4" and while I don't have Large Ears, I certainly don't have small ears either. It took a while to get the idea that I don't need full insertion to get a seal, just a firm covering of the opening of he ear canal. For me the MediumLarge - ML works, but ML may be a bit too large even though they fit snugly and don't pop out of my ears across all the IEM's I've tried them on.

With all of the hours I'm plugged in to an IEM these days comfort is now as important as the fit for a seal, I may try the Medium's and see if a bit smaller size is a more comfortable fit than the ML's.

The AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC are supposed to be even more comfortable, I may also pick up an ML and M pairs of those to compare the regular formulation model.

Every time I try the bundled tips with new IEM's it reminds me how much the right fitting tips help the sound, bass, treble, sound stage, everything goes to heck with ill fitting tips.

Also thank you for the M10 details, I'm still rocking two sets of the T10's, and loving them. Thanks for the M10 lowdown. :)

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #26,542 of 62,437
On MTW2, there were not a new firmware, just the updated Smart Control app with this new option/feature.
Sound with "High-End Sound Tuning" set to off, is just as it was before. I still find it better with it set to on.
InkedIMG_5726_LI.jpg
Mine did the update but I have the first version and it say it only applies to v2 but the update did take place. My sound sig did change, or it's to have.

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #26,543 of 62,437
GOAL in the house...
1602717801782.png

1602717822543.png

1602717840977.png

Quick auto connect to my Sony A26 in aptX. Comfy light fit and sounds good out of the box.

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #26,544 of 62,437
GOAL in the house...
1602717801782.png
1602717822543.png
1602717840977.png
Quick auto connect to my Sony A26 in aptX. Comfy light fit and sounds good out of the box.

Cleer Goal.... now that's a catchy name

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #26,545 of 62,437
Cleer Goal.... now that's a catchy name
And here I was, thinking the box was showing a "deer" 🦌 goal for it's brand/model name 😂😅

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #26,547 of 62,437
So, this morning I reached for my Bose QC Earbuds and got a low battery warning (both were at exactly 5%) after being in the case all night long. The case was not out of juice (2nd light).

Charging the case and buds now, so we'll see how they hold up and if this continues or was a fluke.
So far this happened once to me but hasn't since.

Oct 15, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #26,548 of 62,437
Fiio has a new UTWS3 supposed to be released end of this month, which looks good.
There is somehow no information about that. Is that normal for FiiO?

My honest opinion is to get a Qudelix K5 or Radsone ES100 (or something similar). TWS just isn't really near those units which have much better antennas.
Yes, I thought about that option as well. The 5K looks very impressive.
Does it have a built-in mic for phone calls and video chats and similar?
It is supposed to be used with the clip right? In a pocket the buttons would get clicked all day long by accident I guess.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #26,549 of 62,437
Oct 15, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #26,550 of 62,437
So I have yet again gone back to my Anker L2Ps after a brief outing with the Klipsch T5 II which whilst very nice, I found that I preferred the signature of the L2Ps in particular vocals and low end presence. The L2Ps have remained my staple earphone and have seen off the Bose QCs, M&D MW07+, Sennheiser TW and Jabra 75Ts. There are specific aspects of other earphones that eclipse the L2Ps but in terms of the overall package I am yet to come across a TW earphone that surpasses these. I find that quite staggering considering the price difference on some of these sets, these can be picked up at just over £100 these days. I am keen to hear the Jabra 85Ts as I did love the 75Ts. Am also keen to know if anyone else who has owned the L2Ps have gone on to find an earphone even better than these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back