Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #26,388 of 62,422
I've been away from this thread for awhile, spending a good deal of time creating an earbuds target curve and generating compensation files to make buds more listenable to my ears.

It seems that there could be a similar need with tws earphones. Not so much in experimenting with a new target curve but using wavelet to refine (or salvage) the audio quality. I'm at a place where I have to limit my purchases (jobless), so I've chosen to put some energy into improving what I have.

Tweaking the Haylou GT1

The inventory of wavelet profiles are based on Harman 2019 v.2 iem target, which I find to be a bit too bright due to an aggressive pinna gain and a bit too much treble from 3khz and beyond. For this reason, I favor oratory1990 target.

The stock tuning of the Haylou GT1 has too much bass bloat to my ears. If you find my correction too bass light, the "bass tuner" in wavelet is excellent. Not only does it target bass FR well, there are also 3 filters that are effective.

If you try it out, let me know what you think.
I didn't know about wavelet but it is EXACTLY what everyone with more than 1 headphones needs. Automatic detection of the BT in use, auto switching to the right audio profile, great EQ. Neat.
I just tuned my P7 and L2P and man, they are shining now! I can keep the hearID which slightly fix the discrepancies between my left and right ear (tinnitus of different tone and strength in each as well as some hearing loss mostly in higher frequencies) while still be able to EQ the L2P afterward.

Thank you, you really made a difference in my listening. Wont go a day without it now!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #26,389 of 62,422
I cannot recommend the Edifier TWS 200

There's almost no saving these things with EQ. Not to mention there's a ton of distortion throughout the frequency response and you can hear the noise floor when no music is playing. *sigh*

I got them because they are supposed to have decent mics and I was curious. I think I'm done trying out things unless no fewer than 15 people say something has a good mic for calls.

Anyway, this wavelet compensation files makes things tolerable. If anyone has these and felt throwing them away, try the file out. If you use the PEQ file, be sure to set the preamp value to -7

edifier tws200 stock vs oratory.jpg

Attachments

• edifier tws200 oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • edifier tws200 ParametricEQ.txt
    514 bytes · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #26,390 of 62,422
piece of junk...

Oct 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #26,391 of 62,422
Hey @regancipher and @dwells. I just got my T1 XS today. Well, other than my HUGE disappointment that the ios app thinks they are T1Xs' the sound incredible. I too had to turn on Easy mode just to get the volume controls to work. So strange. Here's the but, I have mine all the way turned up on my XS MAX and they don't get even close to as loud as my T1x's. Have you guys noticed this? Did I get a bad pair? I actually mistook them fro the T1 Pro, so I may return them and get those from Ali. They def. sound better than the T1X.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I had Reduce Loud Sound enabled in ios. I turned it off and it made everything sound terrible, like distorted. I exited spotify, disconnected/reconnected and WHOA!! I guess it was limiting my low end as well, because WOW, these things are singing now!
Glad you got it resolved. I actually haven’t bothered with the app at all yet since they work fine out of the box. Figured I would just wait for the app to get official support for the XS before I downloaded it.

According to an email I got from someone at Fiil, the updated English app with XS support should be due out this month:
By the way, the IOS version APP is updating now, and it will be released in late October, sorry for the inconvenience.

Oct 8, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #26,392 of 62,422
Oct 9, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #26,393 of 62,422
Rather than driver flex, that sounds more like issues with the eartip bore deforming, which does happen from time to time with tight fitting IEMs (usually when paired with tips with long-ish bores). Choosing a eartip that has a shorter bore (or one that is flexible like the bore of Spinfits) might help.
Thanks! Tried several spinfits and other tips but the problem with the TX remains. It seems that it locks up when I have a complete seal so I use smaller tips than I use with other inears. Maybe when I’m working out the ear canal tightens a little or the tip gets in further because of sweat? The passive noise reduction is mediocre because of the smaller tips I use but the sq is good enough so the T1 pros appeal to me. Hope the smaller size will make for a better fit.

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #26,395 of 62,422
Since Hifiman really messed up the tuning with the first one, need to earn our trust, and need to start with low low price. And it's a big mistake to start with such high price with so many competitions around. He needs to start with Chifi TWS prices and work his way up. TWS industry has the big guns with the technology to stomp him, and even with this disadvantage, he prices his Chifi, scraped up parts iem way higher and messes up the tuning. Not touching his stuff.

I mean just look at his DAPs. They are from the 2000s yet he still wants to charge us like it's 2020. His stuff should have 2000s prices. Lol

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #26,396 of 62,422
Unpopular opinion - I looking for a upgrade over my APP, but I actually really like the airpods stem style earbud. rather then bulky protruding designs.
Really wanted to go for apollo bold for that bass, but apparently ANC isn't as good.

Anyone got any recommendations for me, new audio- tecnica ATH-CKR70TW looks good, but will wait and see.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #26,397 of 62,422
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #26,398 of 62,422
I just received T5 II TRUE WIRELESS SPORT MCLAREN earphones, but have not had an opportunity to listen yet. I would say that this packaging is amongst the best I have seen for any earphone, let alone a TW. It looks and feels nothing but premium. Cant wait to listen to these beauties later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back