Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #26,326 of 62,437
Can I check if the Fiil T1XS is suitable for jogging? Is the BT connection stable? Pixel 3 user here. Is it water/sweat resistance?
Thanks
Well, I went jogging with the Fiil and put them in my pocket as I was cooling down. Totally forgot and they went through the laundry. I put them nozzles up under a warm lamp for a few days and they turned on right away and the touch controls are still working.

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #26,327 of 62,437
here is 45 € free shipping
I know but is from china so for EU customers is not affordable (delivery time, duties, etc...)

From Italy it tooks 24 hours to arrive :)

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #26,329 of 62,437
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...best-sounding-hybrid-dual-driver-tws-earbuds/

Soundpeats H1 are on Kickstarter, early bird price is $69 so I've given them a shot, looks like they'll ship December or early next year. BA+DD and aptx Adaptive are the main interests, everything else seems about what I'd expect for the price (especially for $120 RRP), just a shame they don't seem to have an app but at least their control scheme covers all the bases.

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #26,330 of 62,437
Oct 7, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #26,332 of 62,437
Can anyone share their thoughts on the Klipsch T5 II Sports McLaren earphones?

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #26,333 of 62,437
Can anyone share their thoughts on the Klipsch T5 II Sports McLaren earphones?
I bought both the McLaren and the standard zippo version. Absolutely love them. I'm returning the McLaren because both headphones and features are identical. McLaren has extras, wingtips, huge waterproof case and charging pad that I don't need. Sticking with the black standard version. I personally love the fit, sound can be EQ'd, transparency mode is great. I've used them on work calls and no issues. I do like the fit better than the new Bose, which seem to be causing ear fatigue for me, but maybe the tips need breaking in. Anyway, just my two cents. I've posted pics on this thread of both Klipsch T5 II versions.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #26,334 of 62,437
Oct 7, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #26,337 of 62,437
I bought both the McLaren and the standard zippo version. Absolutely love them. I'm returning the McLaren because both headphones and features are identical. McLaren has extras, wingtips, huge waterproof case and charging pad that I don't need. Sticking with the black standard version. I personally love the fit, sound can be EQ'd, transparency mode is great. I've used them on work calls and no issues. I do like the fit better than the new Bose, which seem to be causing ear fatigue for me, but maybe the tips need breaking in. Anyway, just my two cents. I've posted pics on this thread of both Klipsch T5 II versions.

Many thanks for your impressions, I have ordered a set for myself which I will receive on Friday.

I also have the Bose as of today, only listened to them for about 20 minutes and feel they sound decent. I also own the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air Pro 2 and the Jabra Elite 75T earphones and my initial impression is the Bose's sound quality is at least in the same league as those (both of which I rate highly), to the point where its becoming difficult to pick one as a standout. I will need to work on the fit of the Bose's, I kind of wish they were a bit smaller but when they were in they felt pretty stable in my ears. The case size doesn't bother me, I like how sturdy it feels and the solid feeling clip when its closed.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #26,338 of 62,437
I don't think there is anything comparable to USB Audio Player over iOS. That said, I think you can use a USB DAC like a dragonfly to stream hi res over an iPhone just like you would over Android but if you want EQ you may want to try a BT streamer like the Fiio BTR5 or the ES100. Of course, iOS is limited to AAC which neuters those awesome devices. This is part of the reason I've ditched iPhone for good until they up their game and incorporate LDAC.
Yeah that's why I got the iFi xDSD. I use an Apple camera connection kit dongle to plug it into my iPhone 7 and then connect to it by my JH Lola's or Audeze LCD-2 on the balanced port. It also supports Tidal MQA. Sounds pretty awesome, although as you said there are no EQ capabilities. the xDSD has a bass boost kind of thing and 3D audio, neither of which I use.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #26,339 of 62,437
Yeah that's why I got the iFi xDSD. I use an Apple camera connection kit dongle to plug it into my iPhone 7 and then connect to it by my JH Lola's or Audeze LCD-2 on the balanced port. It also supports Tidal MQA. Sounds pretty awesome, although as you said there are no EQ capabilities. the xDSD has a bass boost kind of thing and 3D audio, neither of which I use.
Yeah it's a good solution for sure and I'm sure it sounds terrific. I'm still staying away form Apple until they get real about Bluetooth. AAC is fine I suppose but if I'm going to buy cans that support LDAC, it would make me angry knowing that my iphone is using AAC. The fact that I can get an android phone for $100 on Swappa that supports LDAC but a $1400 iphone doesn't is maddening. I'm sure 99.99% of IOS users don't care and Apple doesn't care about losing my business but it's pretty weak. It's only a matter of time until LDAC makes its way into TWS as well.

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #26,340 of 62,437
Seems like I have A1810xxxx.
How do we figure out the version?
You have that printed on the side of the charging port protection on the second line ? Maybe it's a more recent version, when did you buy it ? I've got v2 and it's got a smidge of hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back