Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #26,311 of 62,437
Here's the EQ I used with the L2P. I found the bass way too heavy as well. My preferred signature is somewhere between DF and Harman with some warmth without being overly thick.
Too bad it doesn't go lower at 100 ... I found the piano setting pretty nice on the L2P.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #26,312 of 62,437
Have you tested the song I suggested?
I have poor ears myself, including some loss of hearing as well as constant tinnitus. Yet, I cannot miss the hiss. When I handed the L2P to my son, he sais he heard it even when the song was paused, but I couldn't.

While there is no actual background hiss on my L2P (I'm thinking I'm not young enough anymore lol), I do believe it's that BA the L2P has that causes this. It does add microdetail and sparkle but unfortunately it can push things a tad too far, exacerbating any mastering issues (not compression anomalies mind you) already present in any given recording (e.g. hiss).

Or something 🤣

Also, this probably why I find the smoother T1XS to be an easier listen sometimes TBH, despite my preference to the L2P's spaciousness (and sparkle).

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #26,313 of 62,437
Here's the EQ I used with the L2P. I found the bass way too heavy as well. My preferred signature is somewhere between DF and Harman with some warmth without being overly thick.
I'll test that out.
Which version do own? I have hissing on female vocals on mine, but it seems from the box that I own the first iteration.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #26,314 of 62,437
I'll test that out.
Which version do own? I have hissing on female vocals on mine, but it seems from the box that I own the first iteration.

Carefully (CAREFULLY) open the Type-C flap and there should be a 16 digit serial there. SoundCore support should be able to check which iteration of the L2P you have with that.

I say carefully because it smears pretty easily if you open it up wrong 🤣

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #26,316 of 62,437
Carefully (CAREFULLY) open the Type-C flap and there should be a 16 digit serial there. SoundCore support should be able to check which iteration of the L2P you have with that.

I say carefully because it smears pretty easily if you open it up wrong 🤣
Under that small usb-c flap? Would never have looked there. I tried figuring out one the box which code was the serial 🤣

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #26,317 of 62,437
Galaxy Buds + have been TWS endgame for me for a bit now, but I might actually try these Ultimate Ears FITS. From my experience with custom IEMs, they isolate better than any ANC earbuds that I've tried, so if this can actually do what it says it does this could be a game changer. We'll see though, I'm still a bit skeptical.

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #26,318 of 62,437
Do you just play your own collection using Neutron or have you found a way of way of streaming Tidal / Qobuz? I have an android app on my HiBy R6 pro that does that called USB Audio Player I think but I haven’t found a way to play Tidal and Qobuz on iPhone other than using their apps
UAPP does not work on Apple. At least the last time I checked and I check often. Works great on Android. I use it all the time for Tidal playback.

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #26,319 of 62,437
I've been loving the XM3's as my primary TWEs (with only a couple of Chi-Fi options as my backups), but am intrigued by the Bose QC's. I never had the fit problem with the XM3's that many do and I think they are overall a great pair. I love the ambient sound and sound quality in general. With that being said, for people who have tried and liked the XM3's and now have the QC's, how much better would you say the QC's are, and is it worth upgrading?

It's either that or wait for the XM4's.
I have both and I think the Bose sound a thousand times as good as the Sony. I’ve tried every EQ Profile I can find on the forums, different tips. with the bose... put them in your ears and enjoy :)

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #26,320 of 62,437
I don't think there is anything comparable to USB Audio Player over iOS. That said, I think you can use a USB DAC like a dragonfly to stream hi res over an iPhone just like you would over Android but if you want EQ you may want to try a BT streamer like the Fiio BTR5 or the ES100. Of course, iOS is limited to AAC which neuters those awesome devices. This is part of the reason I've ditched iPhone for good until they up their game and incorporate LDAC.
Ha nice... I have an ES100 that I use to stream Tidal, Qobuz , and Neutron from my iPhone to my JH Lola’s. I connect my iPhone directly to my iFi xDSD if I want full quality. My Dragonfly red stays in my car

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #26,323 of 62,437
Ha nice... I have an ES100 that I use to stream Tidal, Qobuz , and Neutron from my iPhone to my JH Lola’s. I connect my iPhone directly to my iFi xDSD if I want full quality. My Dragonfly red stays in my car
The bluetooth connection to the ES100 really puts TWS solutions to shame which shouldn't really be a surprise given the space available for a bigger antenna. It shows up in particularly in Teams calls (as a glitching sound).
I'm thinking of getting a Qudelix 5K for home-office use and just using TWS for commuting.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #26,324 of 62,437

Users who are viewing this thread

Back