Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 14, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #25,741 of 62,439
Final E tips are the longest you can get probably, and their taper and silicone thickness make them very sealing, they also come with half sizes. Anything larger than ML you might need to add a thin sheet of foam to the lid.

I have no clue how I know what size to get!

And to whoever asked, I bought my Apollos, I tried to get into the giveaway but wasn't chosen.

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #25,742 of 62,439
I saw this from Android Police on twitter this morning! And they're refusing to give One Plus the shipment back because even though they've proven they're not Airpods counterfeits, Customs says they violate Apple's design patents. Crazy!

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #25,743 of 62,439
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #25,744 of 62,439
I saw this from Android Police on twitter this morning! And they're refusing to give One Plus the shipment back because even though they've proven they're not Airpods counterfeits, Customs says they violate Apple's design patents. Crazy!
“The Shape of the AirPods”
Could this be Apple ‘s next Fortnite?
:wink:

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #25,745 of 62,439
Pretty excited to received my BT20s pro today. It took about 9 days so it isn't that bad. I bought it through amazon tho which is $10 more expensive than ordering through Alie. First impression is that the case is kind of huge, but it is not a normal tws so its not a problem. The built quality is much better than bt20s. The plastic seems more solid, the hook is more elastic and doesn't pinch your ear too much. The body is also bigger than the previous model.
Compare to the bt20s, the volume seems much louder with the pro. I could barely hear any hiss when turning it up to max volume on my pc. At around 77% system volume, it is plenty loud whereas with the bt20s, I usually use around 84%. I paired it with my Bl02 and I am liking the sound so far. 20200914_204823.jpg20200914_203726.jpg

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #25,747 of 62,439
I have no clue how I know what size to get!

And to whoever asked, I bought my Apollos, I tried to get into the giveaway but wasn't chosen.

i usually use L size on most other eartips brands, with the Final E i'm using the LL. The L also fits, but a bit smaller than usual L size of other brands

here's a size chart that i found on the E tips:
Screenshot_20200915-105939_Tokopedia.jpg

Pretty excited to received my BT20s pro today. It took about 9 days so it isn't that bad. I bought it through amazon tho which is $10 more expensive than ordering through Alie. First impression is that the case is kind of huge, but it is not a normal tws so its not a problem. The built quality is much better than bt20s. The plastic seems more solid, the hook is more elastic and doesn't pinch your ear too much. The body is also bigger than the previous model.
Compare to the bt20s, the volume seems much louder with the pro. I could barely hear any hiss when turning it up to max volume on my pc. At around 77% system volume, it is plenty loud whereas with the bt20s, I usually use around 84%. I paired it with my Bl02 and I am liking the sound so far. 20200914_204823.jpg20200914_203726.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15860725

i think they nailed it on this version. i like it so much after i got it that i immediately purchase a few more connectors. it works as a connector saver too for my mmcx IEMs, as i can just leave the small cable attached to my IEMs and just plug 2pin cables to them.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #25,748 of 62,439
It is definitely better to just detached the 2 pin part instead of the mmcx connection. I just ordered the mmcx earhook from alie just now. So far tho it is working great with bl02. Plenty of power, clean sound and you can just put it in the case without detaching the iem. If they can just decrease the case size a little bit or make it thinner, it will be perfect imho.

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #25,749 of 62,439
20200914_224722.jpg
20200914_224741.jpg
A few group shots of TRN BT20 family.

Sep 15, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #25,750 of 62,439
Hi guys. Just a general question. I've not kept up with IEM trends or visited head-fi for quite a while and I notice the wireless market has really taken off now. I see there are many people in this thread enjoying all different brands. Just wondering, are there any wireless IEMs yet that are as good for critical listening as wired? I've owned my iBasso IT01 for a couple of years and would never sell them, I think they sound amazing. Would I find wireless with the same level of SQ and if so, can I presume they'd be a lot more expensive?

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #25,752 of 62,439
Hi guys. Just a general question. I've not kept up with IEM trends or visited head-fi for quite a while and I notice the wireless market has really taken off now. I see there are many people in this thread enjoying all different brands. Just wondering, are there any wireless IEMs yet that are as good for critical listening as wired? I've owned my iBasso IT01 for a couple of years and would never sell them, I think they sound amazing. Would I find wireless with the same level of SQ and if so, can I presume they'd be a lot more expensive?

One "hybrid" option is to get a BT adapter like the TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, TRN BT20S Pro or iBasso CF01 and pair it with a detachable cable IEM like your iBasso IT01. So u can still get convenience, yet preserve the sound signature of the IEM that u like, and if the BT adapter battery dies or BT tech gets outdated, at least u still have the IEM.

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #25,753 of 62,439
One "hybrid" option is to get a BT adapter like the TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, TRN BT20S Pro or iBasso CF01 and pair it with a detachable cable IEM like your iBasso IT01. So u can still get convenience, yet preserve the sound signature of the IEM that u like, and if the BT adapter battery dies or BT tech gets outdated, at least u still have the IEM.

Thanks baskingshark, very interesting and a good idea, I didn't know about BT adapters for IEMs. The iBasso CF01 makes the most sense to get but rather pricey at £140, that's more than the cost of my IEMs! The TRN BT20S with MMCX connector is affordable at £56. But then I'm wondering how much the sound quality will be affected in colouration, possible reduction of bass, mids and treble, or crackle? I guess there'll be user reviews and opinions on here that I can search for.

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #25,754 of 62,439
Thanks baskingshark, very interesting and a good idea, I didn't know about BT adapters for IEMs. The iBasso CF01 makes the most sense to get but rather pricey at £140, that's more than the cost of my IEMs! The TRN BT20S with MMCX connector is affordable at £56. But then I'm wondering how much the sound quality will be affected in colouration, possible reduction of bass, mids and treble, or crackle? I guess there'll be user reviews and opinions on here that I can search for.

I've seen the TRN BT20S going at about $25 USD during sales actually (on aliexpress). It is quite good in sound quality, only thing the TRN BT20S hisses with highly sensitive IEMs. It actually doesn't colour the sound much IMO, but I do find that there's a minute reduction of subbass and higher treble, but not too noticeable when on the go actually. The convenience it brings to the table much outweighs these areas, but YMMV.

There's a newer TRN BT20S Pro that has a charging box and detachable modules (for 2 pin/MMCX) so u can use it with different IEMs. That just recently came out, so best u ask the rest who got it as I haven't tried that. I read early impressions it has 10 hour battery life per charge (plus 3 more charges from the charging case), and doesn't hiss as bad as the TRN BT20, so this is definitely one set I have on my wishlist. I think with spare modules, the TRN BT20S Pro is about $70 - 80 USD, it just came out so I guess if u wait a few months, prices should drop later.

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #25,755 of 62,439
Hey, long time lurker, think I may have posted a long while ago, but not much at all.

Recently I've been getting into TWS, so far I only have Soundpeats truengine SE and lypertek tevi, (also have a pair of phaisers bhs-780, not TWS but relevant to this post)

I'm not sure where to go from here with so many choices, I was thinking about picking up Sony wf's or m&d mw07 as you can pick either up cheaply now, but I was also wondering about more recent developments. Others I've been looking at are phaiser fusion ones (because I liked my last pair of phaisers) or tronsmart apollo. Could anyone make some recommendations? I always have a hard time deciding, I'm the kind of guy who spends hours in stores trying to decide between two different things. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back