Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #25,606 of 62,394
Ok, my last Bose post for today:
Whatever happened to the 500er model (that one was demoed, no ANC, never heard of again ...)
7C02C31A-BF22-4730-AF7E-4895FA82A83B.jpeg

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #25,607 of 62,394
Mpow M30 is currently on sale on Amazon US for $26.50. Seems like a pretty great deal. If it weren’t for the supposedly lackluster call quality, I’d pick up a pair for myself.

I’m still back to square one in my search. Good neutral sound, compact case with USB-C, no stems, and good call quality all together seems like an impossible ask, apparently.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #25,608 of 62,394
I also just ordered the new 1More set that has some special noise cancelling and is the first TW to be THX certified. I wasn’t sure if the THX certification is more of a gimmick than anything but from my limited research it doesn’t seem to be so. Only issue with THX certification is you can’t change the EQ settings on the earbuds without third party software.
Just a few cents on the THX certification from Joshua (In my eyes one you can trust on Youtube).

Just watch the first 2 minutes.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #25,609 of 62,394
No one would take on the job? :)
I am definitely not knowledgeable enough to offer a thorough list, BUT am excited for the upcoming Soundpeats H1 hybrid with Qualcomm 3040 / Adaptive AptX which I believe allows AptX HD compatibility to stream 24 bit audio.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #25,610 of 62,394
I'm about to test the MOONDROP STARFIELD and the TINHIFI T4.
Any other recommendations for listening to classical music? (solo piano and piano with orchestra)
If you are going wired IEM and want a bluetooth receiver to use them with, I can recommend the FiiO BTR5,. I am a classical listener (piano, chamber music mostly) and have been using it for a while. Affordable and I am very impressed with features, functionality and quality. See this thread for more info.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #25,611 of 62,394
Ah ok, thanks for that info.
Actually I'm looking for something to replace (or at least get near) my Shure Aonic 50 headphones.
Are you dissatisfied with the Shure Aoinic 50? They have been on my shortlist to purchase for a full-sized bluetooth option.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #25,612 of 62,394
If you are going wired IEM and want a bluetooth receiver to use them with, I can recommend the FiiO BTR5,. I am a classical listener (piano, chamber music mostly) and have been using it for a while. Affordable and I am very impressed with features, functionality and quality. See this thread for more info.
That's exactly what I'm planning. But ideally I want to go true wireless with environment mode. And that narrows it down to the Shure RMCE-TW1 as an adapter. While it is a bit pricey, the performance should be quite good as far as i did read.
But a question to you. Do you have any IEMs to recommend? Listening to piano solo or with orchestra mostly.

Are you dissatisfied with the Shure Aoinic 50? They have been on my shortlist to purchase for a full-sized bluetooth option.
Not at all. I do absolutely love them. But for daily usage they're too big for my liking.

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #25,613 of 62,394
Sep 9, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #25,614 of 62,394
I’m giving up on my AirPod Pros due to them causing my ear canals to itch, and giving me contact dermatitis. There’s a big thread on the issue over on Apple support, apparently the APPs themselves or the silicone tips are causing an allergic reaction.

As an iPhone user, they were very convenient to have. Would replacing them with the Sony’s be an upgrade?

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #25,615 of 62,394
What's the consensus on the quality control of the Jabra 65t? They're cheap now and I'm looking into them but I have read a lot about people complaining about their connectivity dropping, or issues with charging, or them failing after a few months

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #25,618 of 62,394
I’m giving up on my AirPod Pros due to them causing my ear canals to itch, and giving me contact dermatitis. There’s a big thread on the issue over on Apple support, apparently the APPs themselves or the silicone tips are causing an allergic reaction.

As an iPhone user, they were very convenient to have. Would replacing them with the Sony’s be an upgrade?

I’ve only been using the Sony’s for a day but the AirPod Pros sound pretty lousy in comparison. Got my GF the AirPod Pros last week and I’ve used them a fair bit. I would absolutely consider the Sony’s a worthy upgrade.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #25,619 of 62,394
i managed to get to 3.62 now as well .. (after upgrading the 1more app) and so far no changes really ... i still seem to have some nasty interference sound (sometimes only and very distant and only left) when I turn ANC on .. bummer, but it is inaudible when music plays, i can only make it out between tracks

According to the 1More Shop on ALiEx
"I checked with our engineer , if the version updated to 3.6.2,then it is the same, can also pass the THX certified" ...which kind of makes sense to me, not sure why you would need to change the hardware.

Checking the Joshua video ...so depends if you think THX cert is coolaid or not.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #25,620 of 62,394
So it seems that apart from the connection to the case issue, the apollo bold seems to be best reasonable cost ANC option so far. I look forward to getting the app to reduce the bass a bit. Does anyone have a solution for the one-side not charging in case?
I padded my lid with some random paper I had lying around (shall upgrade with foam), but this seems to do the trick. I have no charging issues at all.

15AD151D-D785-49D4-B336-483429DCD857.jpeg
There should be a better picture a bunch of posts ago. Can’t find it though

and I agree, at under 100$, they are awesome. Since I somehow ‘only’ paid 134€ for the Pana500, I consider those as ‘not too far off’, but technically they are double the price ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back