Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 2, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #25,412 of 62,387
@DB10 I used de-cored APP foam tips and T400 foam tips cut shorter (about 6-7mm) on my Buds+.

De-cored APP foam tips:
IMG_20200519_152020.jpg

There is also ikko i-Planet or misodiko TWS-PRO. Which are similarly designed foam tips meant for TWS. Slight differences in sizing. Small ikko are 11.5mm and small tws-pro are 12.0mm when I measured them.

ikko i-planet
PhotoGrid_1579135103532.jpg

TWS-Pro style tips:
IMG_20200319_123701.jpg

Hi @assassin10000 , thanks for all your information, I will check the availability in Amazon Spain or ebay, if they are not available I will order them in Aliexpress, but the delivery time is now quite long, in Spain.

One additional thing, T400 are standard (for example Comply or similar ones) foam tips? and, what do you mean with De-cored APP foam tips?

Thanks in advance, your help and experience are so helpful for me!

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #25,413 of 62,387
Trying to finally get some IEM that fits my ear and decided to give a go to a few so I can compare what's on the market.
Seen a few on Aliexpress, but I won't be getting 6 pairs and need to lower the amount of choice :wink: I also wanted to test 1-2 higher end "known" brand, maybe the Klipsch?

20 Decebels - DualRad ANC TWS
Edifier - TWSNB2
Picun - JS6
Mpow - X3
Tronsmart - Apollo bold
Ankers - Soundcore liberty 2 pro removed from list due to hissing common issue

Which 2 of the list would you recommend trying ?

The Picun JS6, because I haven't tested them :)

If you want two good sets to keep, it's the Apollo Bold and the Edifier. The Tronsmart are dividing opinion on here over the bass but I absolutely love them. I've put some difficult tracks through them and they've performed admirably.

The Edifier are different. The TWSNB2 are very soft but great for calls

Sep 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #25,414 of 62,387
Hello, everyone.
I was looking into some silicone eartip replacements after hearing good words about them (SpinFit, Comply, etc.) but I currently don't have a good idea what I should be looking for since it's not easy to know what fits my ears the best.
Does anyone know if there exists some kind of a package/bundle that includes eartips with different numbers of flanges and sizes so it's possible to play around with them? Colour isn't very important and I'm not sure if maybe foam eartips would be a good option as well (I heard that they don't like water so not recommended for exercising). I ask this because shipping is usually pretty costly and time-consuming here and I don't want to bother purchasing items one after another.
I would love to hear your experiences! Any word on this is welcome. Something like @phaeton70 just posted.
I absolutely love Acoustune AET08's. I use them on my JH Lola, Jabra 65's, Sony XM3, and Nuarl N6 Pro.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet08-eartip-3-pairs

For what it's worth (probably not much), the large size fit in my ears the best.

(Thanks to @MaxwellDot for recommending these...)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #25,415 of 62,387
Hi!!!
Finally, I sent back my Sonys XM3 and I have received the Galaxy Buds Plus, they sound good for me and the fit is fine. I have been researching about compatible tips that would improve the default ones (better if they were foam), but I only find that there are a complys that are compatible, quite expensive and people comment that they are broken in less than two weeks...

Do you have any suggestions?. I have some Inair, quite good, but the case doesn't close, and is impossible to charge them.

Thanks in advance!!!
Acoustune AET08 Large size :)

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #25,417 of 62,387
Thanks for the replies! I received the Truengine 3SE today and my petty ears are so far astounded by the sound. I noticed S-size tips are the most comfortable and deep while M-size gives a secure fit. Even though I think I'll be happy with the included eartips, I'll check out what you have recommended.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #25,419 of 62,387
Thanks for the replies! I received the Truengine 3SE today and my petty ears are so far astounded by the sound. I noticed S-size tips are the most comfortable and deep while M-size gives a secure fit. Even though I think I'll be happy with the included eartips, I'll check out what you have recommended.
I had ordered these to US but there was a shipping problem and Amazon cancelled order. perhaps I will try again or wait for the new Soundpeats BA - DD hybrid launching on Indiego.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #25,420 of 62,387
Avoid 20 decebel. Soooo weird

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid them👍

The Picun JS6, because I haven't tested them :)

If you want two good sets to keep, it's the Apollo Bold and the Edifier. The Tronsmart are dividing opinion on here over the bass but I absolutely love them. I've put some difficult tracks through them and they've performed admirably.

The Edifier are different. The TWSNB2 are very soft but great for calls

Great. Since I often get phone calls during the day while using them, I might first try the Edifier. Seems like the general consensus about their phone call quality.

:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile::ksc75smile: Apollo Bold is here!
Maybe you'll accept my entrance in your review program so I can test the Apollo Bold against the Edifier and 1 more I haven't decided yet?
I'll gladly test myself on my first earbud review and comparison.
😊😉😁

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #25,421 of 62,387
Looks like the $50 sale for the Fiil T1 XS is done, I should’ve just ordered a pair. Hell, even at $75, I’d order a pair if I knew for sure I could get them In time by the end of the month when I think I’m leaving for Turkey. Scarbir’s review showing the case being overall smaller and a cm thinner and talking about how the sound has gotten even better (not to mention how pretty they look in white) really sold me on a pair.

Amazon has the original Fiil T1 X on sale for $42 currently, which is an absolutely killer deal for anyone who doesn’t mind the bulky case. I wish the case weren’t such an issue for me, because the bang for buck is totally unbeatable.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #25,422 of 62,387
Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid them👍

Great. Since I often get phone calls during the day while using them, I might first try the Edifier. Seems like the general consensus about their phone call quality.

Maybe you'll accept my entrance in your review program so I can test the Apollo Bold against the Edifier and 1 more I haven't decided yet?
I'll gladly test myself on my first earbud review and comparison.
😊😉😁

Yeah the call quality is unreal. I took them into London today, no connectivity issues and the mics cut everything out. Edifier have smashed it with these!

They still don't do noise canceling and sound as good as the Apollo Bold IMO though. These are the equivalent to my Avantree Aria Pro over ears - great all round headphones, but not what I would listen to my favourite songs on.

D1CE5EDA-936E-4CEF-AAFD-1EC55CD50AF9.jpeg

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #25,423 of 62,387
Yeah the call quality is unreal. I took them into London today, no connectivity issues and the mics cut everything out. Edifier have smashed it with these!

They still don't do noise canceling and sound as good as the Apollo Bold IMO though. These are the equivalent to my Avantree Aria Pro over ears - great all round headphones, but not what I would listen to my favourite songs on.

D1CE5EDA-936E-4CEF-AAFD-1EC55CD50AF9.jpeg
Since you own them, would you be able to measure the size of the plastic part holding the tip? Having midget sized ear holes, I have some hard time finding something that doesn't hurt, even for multiple hours after removing my current earbud I use to receive phone calls at job. Having the size, I could compare them to the size of mine to know if it's worth ordering for a test. If they sre similarly sized or bigger, it's a no go for me sadly.
I secretly wish they are smaller size as phone call quality is seriously sub par on the Azally I use and people can't understand what I say when there is some cars around me or if there is too much wind (30km/h+ is usually too windy).

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #25,424 of 62,387
Hi @assassin10000 , thanks for all your information, I will check the availability in Amazon Spain or ebay, if they are not available I will order them in Aliexpress, but the delivery time is now quite long, in Spain.

One additional thing, T400 are standard (for example Comply or similar ones) foam tips? and, what do you mean with De-cored APP foam tips?

Thanks in advance, your help and experience are so helpful for me!

Yes, T400 refer to standard shape foam tips. T400 is the bore/center size. Tennmak has an improved version with a better foam and silicone like outer skin.

These are the different ones; T100, T200, T300 & T400:
PhotoGrid_1552693916130.jpg

Here's what they look like when cut shorter and used on some TWS. T200 size for the XM3 and T400 for the LP2s.
IMG_20200502_005329.jpg

Unless you already have a good cutting tool, you can just mush them flat and use a razor blade
IMG_20200320_153221.jpg

When I refer to APP tips, that means air pods pro replacement tips. I ordered some foam ones and removed the plastic center that mounts them to the oval shaped APP.

1252019877-1855143034.jpg

Once removed (peels off) they revert to round. They have a 4.5mm inner lip and 5.0mm bore, this is the small size:
IMG_20200518_162351.jpg

Also, there are now xelastec tips for the APP. I wonder if they can be de-cored and used on many TWS that need a short inner stem. Anyone try yet?

51BO-R6f9IL.jpg
513S3ZjG4sL.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #25,425 of 62,387

Users who are viewing this thread

Back