Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 30, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #25,366 of 62,387
Hi friends

Checking back here after a little while of not keeping up and was wondering what the interesting new players in the market are.

With regards to what I'm interested in, the Anbes 359 were absolutely incredible in my opinion, everything I ever wanted. Loved them right up until they stopped working, and couldn't get another because they dropped off the face of the earth. Tried the SSK, they didn't sound as good to my ears. I eventually settled on the Tranya T3, which have honestly been fantastic. I love the bass response, they definitely have the type of frequency graph that I like.

Anything new that you guys think I'd be interested in? Perhaps something with a sound passthrough mode, or ANC, or apt-x, or some other feature that I don't have on my T3s? I like the way they sound but honestly wouldn't mind more sub-bass (I know, I'm crazy), as long as it still sounds pretty good overall like the T3s do. Love me some great value Chi-Fi. But I'd be willing to try out something from a more reputable western brand as well. I did try the galaxy buds because the passthrough intrigued me buuuuut I couldn't deal with how tinny they sounded to my ears.

Bump since I didn't get any responses

Anyone have any ideas for something that sounds similar to/more bassy than Anbes 359/Tranya T3, with ambient mode being a BIG plus?

Edit: Looked into a few threads and it seems like the Tronsmart Apollos might check those boxes, would appreciate some opinions on it or alternatives though, comparisons to the Tranya T3s would be VERY nice as well

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #25,369 of 62,387
Flights? You get to do flights? :wink:
I sent those back as well. They quickly moved from ‘comfortable’ to ‘least impressive in my ANC stable’, plus they made extra noise when touching my beard ...
Yeah, I got the virus back in January - my first time in China and I literally wind up in Wuhan right as a new pandemic starts, go figure! So while I still wear a mask and obey whatever local regulations are in place wherever I am, I’m not hugely worried anymore and am willing to hop on a plane. Was actually supposed to head to Ukraine this week, but the borders just got locked so I’m on hiatus for a bit.

Oh well, gives me more time to find the right pair of earbuds!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #25,370 of 62,387
Yeah, I got the virus back in January - my first time in China and I literally wind up in Wuhan right as a new pandemic starts, go figure! So while I still wear a mask and obey whatever local regulations are in place wherever I am, I’m not hugely worried anymore and am willing to hop on a plane. Was actually supposed to head to Ukraine this week, but the borders just got locked so I’m on hiatus for a bit.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! If it makes you feel any better, I got it despite only leaving the house about 5 times in 3 months and seeing a grand total of about 8 people...go figure!

Aug 30, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #25,371 of 62,387

Wow, talk about ‘early adopter’! Glad you seem to have made it through it quite well.
will be on a plane myself come Saturday and will take a bunch of ANC buds with me to test against flight noise :wink:

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #25,372 of 62,387
For those who have the Galaxy Buds Live, I randomly checked for an update just now and one was available (not sure when it came out since I last updated on August 10. Version info attached.

I don't know if it was a result of the update or if I just got used to the way these sound but I am now joining the rest of you who are using Normal. Still a bit bass heavy for my liking but doesn't sound muffled and hazy like I first remember it sounding (sounds really clear now actually) and the Clear setting started sounding a bit thin and off to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200830-214932_Galaxy Buds Live.jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-214932_Galaxy Buds Live.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #25,373 of 62,387
Did anyone try the realme buds Q budget TWS? they have 10mm driver that intrigued me for a budget level

Aug 31, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #25,374 of 62,387
For those who have the Galaxy Buds Live, I randomly checked for an update just now and one was available (not sure when it came out since I last updated on August 10. Version info attached.

I don't know if it was a result of the update or if I just got used to the way these sound but I am now joining the rest of you who are using Normal. Still a bit bass heavy for my liking but doesn't sound muffled and hazy like I first remember it sounding (sounds really clear now actually) and the Clear setting started sounding a bit thin and off to me.
Seems that last update was on Aug 22, just when they came out in EU
28B6C301-4C05-465D-9770-FF02C5495E9F.jpeg

Aug 31, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #25,375 of 62,387
Wow, talk about ‘early adopter’! Glad you seem to have made it through it quite well.
will be on a plane myself come Saturday and will take a bunch of ANC buds with me to test against flight noise :wink:
Glad to hear you're on the mend! If it makes you feel any better, I got it despite only leaving the house about 5 times in 3 months and seeing a grand total of about 8 people...go figure!
Thanks, guys!

Looks like Geekbuying has the new Fiil T1 XS for $49 right now... very tempting. If it weren’t for ship times to the US being such a dice roll, I’d probably just order a pair. I’d hate to be heading out to travel again in three or four weeks and not having gotten my order yet. But damn, assuming they sound like the T1 X before them, they’re probably exactly what I’m looking for now that the case is smaller and lighter and they come in gloss white.

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #25,376 of 62,387
Thanks, guys!

Looks like Geekbuying has the new Fiil T1 XS for $49 right now... very tempting. If it weren’t for ship times to the US being such a dice roll, I’d probably just order a pair. I’d hate to be heading out to travel again in three or four weeks and not having gotten my order yet. But damn, assuming they sound like the T1 X before them, they’re probably exactly what I’m looking for now that the case is smaller and lighter and they come in gloss white.
I've got the T1XS on the way, through Aliexpress.

No tracking yet but that could mean anything!

The Edifier got tracking updated today even though they got delivered yesterday!

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #25,377 of 62,387
Hello guys!

I'm looking for some advice regarding new IEM.

I've got pretty small ear canals and most older style IEM wouldn't fit me.

Few years back, I meant to get something for out of house use and I bought the B&O H5. They were too big for my ears and would hurt badly after a few minutes, gave up and gifted them to wifey :wink:

I went back to my PSB M4U headphones and gave up the idea of getting iem/cans for outside. They died not long after and got replaced by B&W P7, which sounds greats to me but that I dare not use outside due to the bulk and not sticking to their position when I move around such as in light training, gardening, etc.

I recently got a cheap pair of Sennheiser HD 450BT at 95$ cad brand new and find them decent in comfort while being OK to use outside the home doing some light work, but sounds too muddy for my taste. I guess the ANC isn't the best, but it is enough for me as it isn't something as important as sound quality to me.

Now, since I don't really like the SQ of those Sennheiser, I'm considering swapping them. Since I'd love being able to have quality music with me even when on worksite wearing a hard cap, I am back exploring IEM options. Some friends had me quickly test Airpods Pro and Soundpeats TueAir and both were way better comfort wise than any other I previously tested. The Airpods Pro did sound awful when using in mono which is an option I'm going after. The TrueAir were not charged so I could only get an idea of the fit.

Based on small ear canals, SQ priority and able to get decent mono SQ requirements, anyone would be able to recommend a few mid-range/high-range choice to me ?

Even if I do love high end product, I will not disregard cheaper options if the SQ & comfort doesn't warrant the price difference.

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #25,378 of 62,387
Hello guys!

I'm looking for some advice regarding new IEM.

I've got pretty small ear canals and most older style IEM wouldn't fit me.

Few years back, I meant to get something for out of house use and I bought the B&O H5. They were too big for my ears and would hurt badly after a few minutes, gave up and gifted them to wifey :wink:

I went back to my PSB M4U headphones and gave up the idea of getting iem/cans for outside. They died not long after and got replaced by B&W P7, which sounds greats to me but that I dare not use outside due to the bulk and not sticking to their position when I move around such as in light training, gardening, etc.

I recently got a cheap pair of Sennheiser HD 450BT at 95$ cad brand new and find them decent in comfort while being OK to use outside the home doing some light work, but sounds too muddy for my taste. I guess the ANC isn't the best, but it is enough for me as it isn't something as important as sound quality to me.

Now, since I don't really like the SQ of those Sennheiser, I'm considering swapping them. Since I'd love being able to have quality music with me even when on worksite wearing a hard cap, I am back exploring IEM options. Some friends had me quickly test Airpods Pro and Soundpeats TueAir and both were way better comfort wise than any other I previously tested. The Airpods Pro did sound awful when using in mono which is an option I'm going after. The TrueAir were not charged so I could only get an idea of the fit.

Based on small ear canals, SQ priority and able to get decent mono SQ requirements, anyone would be able to recommend a few mid-range/high-range choice to me ?

Even if I do love high end product, I will not disregard cheaper options if the SQ & comfort doesn't warrant the price difference.

What kind of sound signature do you like (is there a wired IEM you prefer)? What genres do you listen to, what volume level? Is there a battery life minimum you need?

How small is 'small'? Is depth also an issue? Is the size of your concha also an issue?

For instance I use small to medium small tips which range from about 10.5mm-11mm. I also have shallow insertion depth to the 1st bend in my ear canal. I also have smaller sized concha, so many IEM/TWS are uncomfortable for me.

For wired I find the best fit with Westone IEMs, the best fitting TWS was the Tronsmart Spunky Beats but it had lackluster battery life (2.5-3hrs). My current favorite TWS is the Air-XR for fit, sound and ok battery life (5-6 hours).

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #25,379 of 62,387
Try the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Live......

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #25,380 of 62,387
Bump since I didn't get any responses

Anyone have any ideas for something that sounds similar to/more bassy than Anbes 359/Tranya T3, with ambient mode being a BIG plus?

Edit: Looked into a few threads and it seems like the Tronsmart Apollos might check those boxes, would appreciate some opinions on it or alternatives though, comparisons to the Tranya T3s would be VERY nice as well
I think the Jabra 65/75t are supposed to be quite bassy and both have ambient modes, might be worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back