Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 5, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #23,237 of 62,422
I would probably call myself a Sennheiser fanboy. I have hd660s as my daily computer headphones. Own hd598s/hd58x/hd6xx so I was really leaning towards buying the MTW2 but with the M&D MW07+ currently on sale I kinda want to buy those. How comparable are they to MTW2? Most YouTubers all say the MTW2 are the best sounding TWS out but I'd believe the word of everyone on this forum before most YouTube reviewers.

Literally in the same boat as you. The solution is to buy both and return the less desirable one within the return policy. M&D does free returns within 2 weeks, Amazon Fulfilment vendors is 30 days. I've been testing out the MTW2 for 3 weeks now, they're decent for sure. I just hope the MW07+ don't explode out of my ears when I'm deadlifting 325kg...I wrecked two TWS IEMs because of that (though they weren't known for good fit, the Bose SSF and Jabra EA65t). The MTW2 are solid so far.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #23,238 of 62,422
For me, they stay in place well. Although I don't have the MTW2, I had the MTW, and the fit was more comfortable long-term than the MW07 or MW07 Plus. That being said, the MTW did create more of a pressure-like seal, which itself can be fatiguing vs. the MW07 Plus that still seals, but rests in your ear (if that makes sense).

I do, however, enjoy the sound of the MW07 Plus much more than the MTW. When I had the original MW07 and MTW at the same time, I almost never reached for the MTW. I listen to mostly 80s arena rock/80s hard rock and it sounds really good on the MW07 Plus.

Sounds like you're not 100% sold on the MTW2, so it doesn't hurt to give something else a shot. Plus, the MW07 Plus look gorgeous and are on sale now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083KC2M6H/

I really like the matte black finish on this one:
https://www.masterdynamic.com/products/mw07-plus-earphones-for-0-95?variant=32612103946317
PROMO CODE: WEEKEND25

I agree with you I immediately bought Mw07 Plus with 25% because I am what I wanted..but now, seeing the mtw07 at half the price I ask myself some questions: is there really a difference in sound in favor of plus ??
in case the difference was not so great, I will simply return the pluses and buy MW07 .... in fact maybe I will buy MW07 now ... ??

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #23,239 of 62,422
Further reference MW07+, N400, Buds+, TWS, Sony 1000 XM3
IMG_20200701_121938.jpgIMG_20200701_122026.jpgIMG_20200701_122032.jpg
Just finished testing all of these TWS Coneection with Obstruction and No Obstruction

Both approximately 30 feet

With Obstruction (No line of sight)

1) Best N400
2) MTW 07+
3) Sennheiser
4) Galaxy Buds+/Sony

No Obstruction (Direct line of Sight)

1) N400 (almost 45' ft)
2) Sennheiser and MTW
3) Galaxy Buds+ and Sony

Tried with music, video and phone calls.

What I found different is that each wireless would cut out differently from abruptly or slowly becoming choppy in quality

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #23,240 of 62,422
I agree with you I immediately bought Mw07 Plus with 25% because I am what I wanted..but now, seeing the mtw07 at half the price I ask myself some questions: is there really a difference in sound in favor of plus ??
in case the difference was not so great, I will simply return the pluses and buy MW07 .... in fact maybe I will buy MW07 now ... ??
Great! Now I am tempted again!

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #23,242 of 62,422
@Bartig just reviewed the TOZO nc9, and spoke pretty highly of the noise canceling. If you were interested in them, or just need something to buy, go read his review and on the Amazon link theres currently a 20% off coupon so you can snag them for $48.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #23,243 of 62,422
So at first I was thinking of getting wired IEMs with an adapter, like the TRN BT20S, but I just didn't like the design, quality, etc. So now I want a decent TWS IEM (so can I just take any TWS that fits into your ear canal and call it an IEM, or is there some further definition?). To be honest, I am not super fussed about sound quality - whenever I would be in a situation where I am using TWS and not my planar magnetic cans :), means that I am in a situation where audio quality isn't super important. I've come up with 3 options: Galaxy Buds +, Sony WF-SP800N, and nuarl n6 pros. Advice?

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #23,246 of 62,422
I've been posting a lot of sales for the WF-1000XM3 and i have never listened to them. haha. Anyways, i bought a refurb set on ebay for $90. Curiosity has
So at first I was thinking of getting wired IEMs with an adapter, like the TRN BT20S, but I just didn't like the design, quality, etc. So now I want a decent TWS IEM (so can I just take any TWS that fits into your ear canal and call it an IEM, or is there some further definition?). To be honest, I am not super fussed about sound quality - whenever I would be in a situation where I am using TWS and not my planar magnetic cans :), means that I am in a situation where audio quality isn't super important. I've come up with 3 options: Galaxy Buds +, Sony WF-SP800N, and nuarl n6 pros. Advice?

agreed with @Spidermanxd
sound being subjective, the GBud+ is hard to beat for everyday casual use. i still using the older non + version, and loving the size and ease of use. the sound while may be not for everyone, is not a slouch too.

compared to the SP800N, it might not have ANC, but the passive isolation of the GBud alone is quite good. and while it doesn't have higher ipx rating, it will survive light exercise use

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #23,247 of 62,422
Hello ! I'm on the verge to go from wired to TWS earphone (i have spent some times with the RedMi Airdots for working out and i liked having no cables + my new phone don't have an headphone jack anymore). The Galaxy Buds + and the AKG N400 seem very tempting but they don't support AptX/LDAC and i don't have a Samsung phone. Is it a big issue when it comes to sound quality when compared to AptX/LDAC TWS ?

Another contender is the MW07 Plus but i'm waiting for a bigger discount (like the 40% i missed).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #23,248 of 62,422
@Bartig just reviewed the TOZO nc9, and spoke pretty highly of the noise canceling. If you were interested in them, or just need something to buy, go read his review and on the Amazon link theres currently a 20% off coupon so you can snag them for $48.
Nice, hopefully that 20% off coupon will also appear on German amazon

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #23,249 of 62,422

MW07 has terrible battery life, stay away from it.

I would probably call myself a Sennheiser fanboy. I have hd660s as my daily computer headphones. Own hd598s/hd58x/hd6xx so I was really leaning towards buying the MTW2 but with the M&D MW07+ currently on sale I kinda want to buy those. How comparable are they to MTW2? Most YouTubers all say the MTW2 are the best sounding TWS out but I'd believe the word of everyone on this forum before most YouTube reviewers.

I own IE80, HD650 by myself and still prefer MW07 Go to SMTW 1 (the 2 has same SQ I think). They are quite different actually, SMTW voice is fuller and more to your face, while MW07 is more V-shape. The factor that I like about MW07 is the big soundstage and more detail treble while not fatiguing at all.

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #23,250 of 62,422
Nice, hopefully that 20% off coupon will also appear on German amazon
Yes we need 20% off in Europe too ! So the SP800N has gone to "unavailable" too now on Amazon FR, any news from yours ?
Off to read the NC9 review

EDIT - well it looks like something I want to try ! It's great that you can toggle ANC Off too (unlike on the Echobuds, app or voice command needed) to cut out wind noise when riding a bike. The transparency mode doesn't sound like it works too well (like calls, sort of goes together). I was worried they were on the smaller "pop out of your ears at any time" style but happy to see it's not the case. The Bomaker SiFi II trend continues it seems and that's good news :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back