Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 25, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #22,892 of 62,422
Haven't listened to my MTW in a week, and picked up the set that's always paired and plugged into USB on my MacBook today for a listen.

While the treble is certainly recessed rather than boosted, I still enjoy these. They still sound crisp and detailed, but they do push the string guitars and cymbals further into the background than is needed. They are spacious and transparent in the mids, with a good bass foundation, and remind me of a well amp'd Sennheiser HD-650 but without the bass bleeding into the lower mids like the HD-650. But, like the HD-650, they present some of that "veil" that people complain about.

This makes them very forgiving of bad recordings, and yet they can be easily EQ'd to bring out the highs and details. On my MacBook I just leave the SoundSource app's global system EQ for "treble booster", which gives a small nudge to the highs in every app that plays audio on the Mac.

While I sometimes wish that we had a good system-wide EQ for iPhone, one that would offer clean and mild EQ in every app that plays audio, the Sennheiser app for iPhone does a good job of letting us push the treble up just a bit for everything that we listen to with the MTW.

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #22,893 of 62,422
So, my Sony 800n are not good for biking. Too much wind noise which is a bummer but not surprising. Any recommendations for a cheapish TWS set that can take some sweat but still sound good. Looking at the new Bowmaker versus the Fiil. Is the T1X worth double the price of the Sifi II? Any other recommendations? Riding on trails so isolation is preferred to letting in ambient sound.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #22,894 of 62,422
FINALLY got mine today, and aside from the lack of AAC (I was not able to connect via AAC either), I like them quite a bit. Especially for the $179 price at 40% off. I agree that the $299 price would be a bit hard to swallow, not because of the price itself, but value/performance. It's the same reason that I've been kept from the MTW2. Cheesy plastic all over the place. If M&D can sell me a nice build, stainless case, and earbuds with an acetate body for $179, Sennheiser can do better with the materials.

Even over SBC on my iPhone, the MW07 Plus sound really good. A smidgen boosted in the treble for music with lots of cymbal crashes, but still shy of "hot" or "piercing".
Steal for that price. Not sure what happened to my ears but I started having fit problems with them - both the Go and the MW07. So I had to move on. Big wing kept slipping out. Small wing wouldn't stay put.

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #22,895 of 62,422
So, my Sony 800n are not good for biking. Too much wind noise which is a bummer but not surprising. Any recommendations for a cheapish TWS set that can take some sweat but still sound good. Looking at the new Bowmaker versus the Fiil. Is the T1X worth double the price of the Sifi II? Any other recommendations? Riding on trails so isolation is preferred to letting in ambient sound.

You still get wind noise if you turn off ANC ? I suppose the fact that they stick out doesn't help...although the MTW2 don't stick out and with ANC off there is still more wind noise than with non Ambient/ANC TWS like say the Bomaker SiFi II. I suppose the mics they use for ANC might not be completely off, or there holes might be letting in some wind ? Since you asked about the SiFi II I prefer them to the FiLL T1X mainly because of their stellar fit and ability to not loose the seal whatever I do, even sweat profusely on the home trainer.

@ HeadphoneAddict - thanks for the additional thoughts on the MW07 Plus, I think I'm going to give them a try, even if ambient and ANC are "so, so", still better than the L2Ps that don't have either, they take Paypal and have a 14 day return policy too so why not !

EDIT - Cr@p, the code is no longer valid :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #22,896 of 62,422
You still get wind noise if you turn off ANC ? I suppose the fact that they stick out doesn't help...although the MTW2 don't stick out and with ANC off there is still more wind noise than with non Ambient/ANC TWS like say the Bomaker SiFi II. I suppose the mics they use for ANC might not be completely off, or there holes might be letting in some wind ? Since you asked about the SiFi II I prefer them to the FiLL T1X mainly because of their stellar fit and ability to not loose the seal whatever I do, even sweat profusely on the home trainer.

@ HeadphoneAddict - thanks for the additional thoughts on the MW07 Plus, I think I'm going to give them a try, even if ambient and ANC are "so, so", still better than the L2Ps that don't have either, they take Paypal and have a 14 day return policy too so why not !
Actually I didn't try turning anc off. Maybe ill do that first. Thanks for the recommendation on the bowmaker. I also have a liberty 2 pro but they arent great for biking either.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #22,897 of 62,422
I wanted a color and material that would be less likely to show scratches over time, and the Leica edition looked like it was less durable dull plastic than the acrylic or whatever they use for the other colors.
The case looks quite nice and is a matte finish, which I prefer, so at least the case will likely be less likely to scratch and be a fingerprint magnet over time. The earbuds, a little mixed on those. I think the whole package looks great, but not sure about the big 0.95 on the side of the earbuds.

Jun 25, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #22,899 of 62,422

EDIT - Cr@p, the code is no longer valid :frowning2:
Nooooooo! I was going to buy something else, I just couldn't figure out what yet!

As far as returns, so far so good. In addition to the MW07 Plus, I purchased the MW65 , but there were some issues with imbalanced ANC (stronger on right side vs. left), stronger driver flex on left side, and mismatched drivers (left was clearer, right had stronger bass). I sent a request for return and received a response the next day with a pre-paid label.

Jun 25, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #22,903 of 62,422

Attachments

• 20200626_003331.jpg
    20200626_003331.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 25, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #22,904 of 62,422

Users who are viewing this thread

Back