Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #22,831 of 62,439
That's actually really close to what I have...except for the +8 Clear BASS. :p

For the WF-1000XM3 I have set it for +6 clear bass, everything else flat.

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #22,832 of 62,439
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #22,833 of 62,439
I just want Technic AZ70W to be small as E8v3.
Best in sound quality but not Ambient mode or touch gesture

How are the Technics in sound quality when compared to Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2? Technics have the 10mm Graphene plated driver vs Sennheiser's 7mm driver so wondering if I should wait for Technics or just get the MW2.

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #22,834 of 62,439
I'm the opposite, -3 on the clear bass, everything else flat

I don't listen at loud volumes, so that I can hear my family calling out to me when they want me. Also, because of my tinnitus. Since I need to be able to hear the bass with my iPhone at 25-30% on the volume control, the XM3 clearbass helps me out a lot.

However, I just tested it, and if I listen at above 50% volume then it's better with clear bass at 0. I can see turning down bass on some IEM or volumes. With my Jabra 75t I have the bass turned half-way down for "Commute", where I turn the bass and treble down while bumping the lower treble and lower mids, to make them more forgiving but more engaging (or more flat IRL).

IMG_6574.png

I leave Jabra EQ totally flat for "Focus" because flat is like having a "loudness" control turned on with any other earbud. Flat on the Jabra is closer to ClearBass at +10 for the XM3.

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #22,835 of 62,439
I don't listen at loud volumes, so that I can hear my family calling out to me when they want me. Also, because of my tinnitus. Since I need to be able to hear the bass with my iPhone at 25-30% on the volume control, the XM3 clearbass helps me out a lot.

However, I just tested it, and if I listen at above 50% volume then it's better with clear bass at 0. I can see turning down bass on some IEM or volumes. With my Jabra 75t I have the bass turned half-way down for "Commute", where I turn the bass and treble down while bumping the lower treble and lower mids, to make them more forgiving but more engaging (or more flat IRL).

IMG_6574.png

I leave Jabra EQ totally flat for "Focus" because flat is like having a "loudness" control turned on with any other earbud. Flat on the Jabra is closer to ClearBass at +10 for the XM3.

maybe it's just personal preference and old habit. I'm so used to work and mix on small monitor speakers in low volume (and really long sessions) that makes me having just a bit of bass is enough for me.
that's not to say i don't enjoy a good subbass rumble though, especially for headphones /IEMs that can "massage" the ears with the rumble without being overwhelming the other frequencies in volume.
and that's why i like the XM3... it always have a good kick on the bass that can be felt, even with the clear bass set low.

i also have mild ringing in my ears, a gift from band playing in my younger years. nowadays high volumes and sudden spikes in volume hurts my ears. but i always can pick up tiny noise details even better than my son, so i generally listen in low to moderate volume.
i can't even go to a concert or live performance without using earplugs now :sweat_smile:

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #22,836 of 62,439
I usually listen to the XM3 at 24 to 36%, so pretty quiet as well.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #22,837 of 62,439
That's great news! Thanks for posting your initial reaction; how are they doing now after breaking in over the last 10 days?

Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner, I'm very happy to see you like them. :)

I selected a pair of the KZ S2's as a perk, I also got the Comply tips perk. I was hoping KZ would get this iteration of a TWS correct...

My contribution #'s are in the low 59xx - , and I received a tracking number June 4th, but the package(s) haven't moved since:

DHL - June 04, 2020 7:53pm - Shipment information received

Update: Got notice from DHL for delivery this coming Friday, sure seems to have taken a lot steps to get this far:
Estimated Delivery Date
Friday, Jun 26
Last Updated: June 21 04:14PM UTC
  • June 21, 2020 3:09am

Departed Facility in HONG KONG-HKG
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 2:56am

Processed at HONG KONG-HKG
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • June 20, 2020
  • 4:17pm

Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 2:37pm

Customs status updated
    Los Angeles Gateway, USA
  • 2:09pm

Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 2:09pm

Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG-HKG
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 2:08pm

Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG-HKG
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 1:38pm

Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG-HKG
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 12:19pm

Customs status updated
    Hong Kong-Hkg,
  • 11:30am

Departed Facility in SHENZHEN-CHN
    Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 11:12am

Processed at SHENZHEN-CHN
    Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 9:31am

Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN-CHN
    Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 4:50am

Departed Facility in SHENZHEN-CHN
    Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 2:31am

Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 1:54am

Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 12:09am

Shenzhen-Chn,
  • June 19, 2020
  • 11:59pm

Shenzhen-Chn,
  • 7:12pm

Shipment information received

• 7:12pm

Shipment picked up
    Shenzhen-Chn,
  • June 04, 2020
  • 7:53pm

Shipment information received
The two set's of KZ S2's (with foam tips) were delivered yesterday, and so far they are good.

I had an initial issue with dropout's even close by bound to my PC, but resetting the pair of KZ S2's I was using - touch both IEM's for 8 seconds to reset - and rebinding again with the PC solved that issue and I was able to listen for about 3.5 hours solid before getting the low battery warning.

The low latency mode works, but even without that fast response mode - does it take more power? - the normal response time is adequate for watching video.

So far so good. :)
20200624_003727 - Copy.jpg
See that "blue tape" on the left most earpiece, remove that - it covers the charging contacts to protect in transit. Ask me how I know. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #22,838 of 62,439
Jun 24, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #22,839 of 62,439
How are the Technics in sound quality when compared to Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2? Technics have the 10mm Graphene plated driver vs Sennheiser's 7mm driver so wondering if I should wait for Technics or just get the MW2.

I can not compare to mtw2 bcs I dont have it.
Az70w reproduce a really huge, open soundstage! Imagine is very good. It goes so low to 25Hz (close to 22Hz on E8 v3). Deep bass mostly same as E8v3 but much more control and bass tight.
Lack of sub but over pumping bass of mtw1 makes me no more interest in Senn's

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #22,840 of 62,439
20200624_184537-01.jpeg

really liking this mod result on the Pamu using some earbud foams and the GGMM T1 tips. thr treble is not grating anymore, but still detailed and crisp. an added bonus is the slightly loose T1 tips can grip the nozzle better so it won't fall off easier.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #22,841 of 62,439

nice review comparing the QCY T5S, T5 Pro, and the T9S. so the Pro is confirmed to have a BA driver
it's in korean, but has a good english subtitle

Jun 24, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #22,844 of 62,439
I got that email, too. I'm trying to figure out why the MSRP is so high, and what major differences there are from the rest of the line.
If you go to the main page, a popup showed up for me with a Spin and Win. I got a 50% off coupon I am not going to use (not sure if it is individual use or not):

SPINGMXDTHCD

It worked on the T10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back