Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 22, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #22,801 of 62,436
I went for a 3-day 2-night trip to Estes Park CO, and just got back. I brought my XM3, Powerbeats Pro, APP, GBuds+, and Jabra 75t with me. I just ordered the MW07 Plus to see if I like them more than the buggy XM3, before it's too late to return the XM3, and should have them by the end of the week.

But, I only used my Powerbeats Pro for bike rides, and my XM3 with ANC to block out the noisy refrigerator for watching YouTube videos on my MacBook at night so as to not disturb my wife.

My MW07 Plus should be here Thursday 6/25/20... I just wonder if I should have gone for jade or tortoise shell instead of the Kevin Durant Black Quartz color.

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #22,802 of 62,436
My MW07 Plus should be here Thursday 6/25/20... I just wonder if I should have gone for jade or tortoise shell instead of the Kevin Durant Black Quartz color.
I grabbed the MW07 Plus in Black Quartz as well. Should arrive Wednesday 6/24, along with the MW65. Kevin Durant literally called me and thanked me for my purchase.

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #22,803 of 62,436
so I've been tinkering with my Pamu Unique to see if i can make it work. the biggest problem i have with this is because of the really small nozzle, and a weird oval shaped as well. all of the included tips can't make a seal for my ears.. the same problem that i have with th GGMM T1 and it's stock tips.

but funny enough, the stock tips of the GGMM work nicely with the Pamu, albeit a bit loose, so i have to take a bit extra care when removing it so that the tips not left inside my ears :confounded:

next is the sound. the Pamu's sound reminds me of the Sony EX1000. similar ultra extended treble, but with more intimate staging, also warmer and bigger midbass than the EX1000.
no problem with the mids and bass. it's the treble that's really bothering me. this (and also the EX1000) i find the treble to be too grating and revealing...

but i found an odd revelation: i put a swab of water on the nozzle to try to dampen the treble... and it works! might find a more permanent solution like micropore tapes later on.
the reason i dare to do this is because this Pamu is rated IPX6 anyway, and i used to bring the older Pamu Scroll to shower with no problem at all. i wouldn't dare swabbing a dab of water on the EX1000 or any other standard IEMs for that matter

my suggestion for anyone's interested on the Pamu slide/unique (they're all the same, just different cases) : if you regularly use L sized tips like me, you might want to reconsider, unless you're willing to tinker a bit. for M and S size tips users, the Pamus are an interesting deal. for the price, what they offer are a great deal: IPX6, 10 hours battery life, Aptx, and a solidly built earpiece. sound is subjective, but for me their driver capabilities are quite good.

i might keep this after all

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #22,804 of 62,436
Would like to add to the impressions on the Alien Secret qcc010 iems.

I'm kinda getting used to the elevated sub-base region, but it is still too much for my taste.(I like the sound of the trn t200 more) what is good though is the fact that it works with every tip you can through at these, and you can actually change a lot about the sound with different tips (especially the trebble region and to some extent - mids). they are comfortable with every tips I throw at these (the stock ones that are very short accidentally are the least comfortable).

the range is ridiculous - I work in a very big open space area, and I went downstairs and about 25-30 meters from the laptop into the bathroom and realized that I had these in my ears and the music was still playing as usual without no interference. mind you, that's about 3 walls in between the iems and the laptop in addition to the longish 25-30 meters of distance.

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #22,805 of 62,436
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #22,806 of 62,436
It seems the MW07 Plus or Go never made it to Europe ? Amazon do have the old MW07 as Warehouse Deal for 77€ in blue though :wink:

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #22,808 of 62,436
Yes but aren't warehouse deals "European" ?

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #22,810 of 62,436
Yes but aren't warehouse deals "European" ?
One difference seems to be that free shipping is only within France :wink:
E092919A-AFB1-42D2-92DF-E944F030E9BB.jpeg
have not even checked if my .de credentials would work on .fr
Kinda in the middle of nowhere with very spotty internet :wink:

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #22,811 of 62,436
One difference seems to be that free shipping is only within France :wink:
E092919A-AFB1-42D2-92DF-E944F030E9BB.jpeg
have not even checked if my .de credentials would work on .fr
Kinda in the middle of nowhere with very spotty internet :wink:
Your DE credentials work on other European Amazon sites and even the .com website. Don’t know about Amazon Japan though.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #22,812 of 62,436
The different websites of Amazon in Europe all have their own prices. For example this 77 euro deal is only at Amazon France. On Amazon Germany it is 144 for the warehouse deal.
ok, I've had warehouse deals in the past that were shipped from other European countries but I suppose it depends on the product.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #22,813 of 62,436
ok, I've had warehouse deals in the past that were shipped from other European countries but I suppose it depends on the product.

That is how Amazon operates. Different countries, different websites, different prices and your order can come from any of their warehouses in Europe.

I bought some toys on .NL and one was shipped from Germany and the other from Italy :confused:

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #22,814 of 62,436
So I'm kind of stuck between the MW07 Plus and the Sennheiser MTW2s. When I first received the MTW2s, I almost sent the back right away. I did not realize how much a good fit matters. My initial thought was these sound like crap :). I happen to have an extra pair of the Sounfit CP360s laying around and decided to try them on the MTW2s. Wow, what a world of difference in should. Before they sounded hollow and without and depth. With the Spinfit tips they now sound amazing. To the point that I am now not sure which ones to keep. The only downside i have with the MTW2s is that I still need to work at it to get a good deal, but when I do they sound fantastic.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #22,815 of 62,436
Yeah, fit is THE first thing to check for, without a good fit there is no good seal and no good sound :wink: The MTW2 fit me great with the stock tips, like the Echobuds and the Bomaker 2 and naturally these are the TWEs I go for. I'll probably be sending back the MTW2s as it's a bit hard to justify the price...maybe if I only had one pair. How do you find their ANC compared to the MW07 Plus where it's been described as "weak sauce" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back