Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 21, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #22,771 of 62,436
Very interesting. How's that working out for you?

TBH I have ALWAYS wanted to do something similar to my Senn PX100iis (due to the SHEER LACK of "foldable" on-ear BT options out there - besides the Porta Pro BT anyway). Never could bring myself to butcher the built in cable into something shorter for this to "properly" work, though looking at this has just got my interest re-sparked.
It works fine. Of course it won't drive the planar driver to its maximum potential like an amp do, but it gets loud enough and its nice to not have wire. The bluetooth receiver is fiio ubtr ($19.99 on amazon) and it is pretty small. I don’t feel any extra weight from it.

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #22,772 of 62,436
I just want Technic AZ70W to be small as E8v3.
Best in sound quality but not Ambient mode or touch gesture
20200622_001025.jpg

Attachments

• 20200622_001025.jpg
    20200622_001025.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 21, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #22,773 of 62,436
FWIW: comply true grip Pro are really good with the XM3s

I have them and the Dekoni Bulletz. I like the Dekoni Bulletz more

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #22,774 of 62,436
I put a lof of time into it, some of it to get the app to work. Well, it doesn't work outside of China it seems. But the Fiil CC really is the best designed and best sounding half-in-ear wireless earphone - whoah. Review.

Fiil CC best looking wireless earbuds TWS.jpg
Thanks for the review. How do these feel? I have the SoundPeats for conference calls, and I find that they cause my ears to ache after an hour or so.

Jun 21, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #22,775 of 62,436
Very interesting. How's that working out for you?

TBH I have ALWAYS wanted to do something similar to my Senn PX100iis (due to the SHEER LACK of "foldable" on-ear BT options out there - besides the Porta Pro BT anyway). Never could bring myself to butcher the built in cable into something shorter for this to "properly" work, though looking at this has just got my interest re-sparked.

You are right that the aren't many options, but this one is the closest I've found to the PX100ii. They are the Status BT One and to my ears they sound pretty similar to the PX100ii. Battery life is 30 hours, Aptx, and they go for around $60 USD of you get a discount code. They are my go to portable BT headphones. I highly recommend them!
Status-Audio_HD1-BT_Umber_Main-02.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #22,776 of 62,436
Finally got my fathers day SP800n. First impressions are positive. Sound quality is very good. Not as good as the MTW2 but well above average. I am using the bright setting with a few tweaks. Based on memory, they sound identical to the 1000xm3 but without the dsse processor which I had mixed feelings about any way.

Most importantly, the fit is solid for me. Large wings and large tips give me a secure fit. This fixes the major deal breaker to me of the 1000xm3 (that and the lack of an IP rating).

My use case will be primarily for working out and cycling where I dont want to use the MTW2 and want better sq than the APP.

For me, these are an upgrade in every way to the 1000xm3. If there's any drop in sq, its imperceptible to me and the fit and sweatproofing make these a much better product.

Jun 21, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #22,778 of 62,436
hi guys to those using sennheiser mtw 2, how is it for phone calls compared to the old model?
I've used the MTW2 for calls off and on, with no background noise i didn't have any issues, and on a shuttle a few weeks back i placed a call, i remember i had to raise my voice slightly, but it wasn't loud after i'd done so, was just louder than i wanted to talk at the moment. hard to quantify, but i'd say it's a definite improovement over MTW1. Based on what i own though, ranking best to worst for call quality, i have to put them into 3 tiers. Top tier is Google Pixel buds 2 plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100.
2nd tier is MTW2, Nuarl N6 Pro and MTW. Could rank those last 2 either way. 3rd tier is Anbes359. I just got rid of them, but the Tronsmart spunky beat were the worst i owned for call quality.

Jun 21, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #22,779 of 62,436
I put a lof of time into it, some of it to get the app to work. Well, it doesn't work outside of China it seems. But the Fiil CC really is the best designed and best sounding half-in-ear wireless earphone - whoah. Review.

Fiil CC best looking wireless earbuds TWS.jpg

Awesome! I've been looking for a premium half in ear for such a long time and had settled in ambient mode being my best hope at something similar!

Every website I've seen with the Foil CC for sale claims it has active noise reduction... Being half in ear I don't expect it to be amazing, but did you notice of they isolate better than your other half in ear sets?

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #22,780 of 62,436
I've used the MTW2 for calls off and on, with no background noise i didn't have any issues, and on a shuttle a few weeks back i placed a call, i remember i had to raise my voice slightly, but it wasn't loud after i'd done so, was just louder than i wanted to talk at the moment. hard to quantify, but i'd say it's a definite improovement over MTW1. Based on what i own though, ranking best to worst for call quality, i have to put them into 3 tiers. Top tier is Google Pixel buds 2 plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100.
2nd tier is MTW2, Nuarl N6 Pro and MTW. Could rank those last 2 either way. 3rd tier is Anbes359. I just got rid of them, but the Tronsmart spunky beat were the worst i owned for call quality.
How's the SQ with the pixel buds 2? Cursory look at reviews seemed not too impressed.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #22,781 of 62,436
I've had my wf1000xm3 for almost 2 weeks and have been using them everyday. I'm really enjoying them. I like the noise cancelling, the ambient sound, and the EQ. They fit me well with Spinfit 360's, Comply foam, or Dekoni Bulletz foam tips. I should have gotten them sooner, but they are a much better deal at $180, than at $230.

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #22,782 of 62,436

Thank You for this. I'll be getting them then. sold my wf-1000xm3 for these as I do love sennheiser.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #22,783 of 62,436
I've been looking at those as well. Have some Target gift cards...

@HeadphoneAddict got the Manufactured Refurbished pair. I don't remember if he kept them or gave them to to one of his kids. If you're going to go refurbished, direct from the manufacturer is the way to go. From what I understand, many of these are basically returns sent back to them by retailers, they check them, clean, then repackage as refurbished. Also, someone told me they don't reuse the eartips, so those should all be new. I'm sure some of my purchases/returns are out there as refurbished. :p

I got the refurbished Jabra through newegg.com for $99, shipped direct from Jabra I think, and have kept them. I bought the extra warranty at the same time. Came in a plastic bag with new tips.
IMG_3561.jpeg

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #22,784 of 62,436
Question for my fellow WF1000XM3 users ... since I could still return until July 8, I am rather critical ... and is it just me or can the BT connection be rather iffy? Slight crinkle wrinkle here and there ... but also sometimes total disconnect for no apparent reason !!! and if I'd happen to be somewhere without the case, i'd be screwed ...

Just updated to latest software update .. let's see if that makes a difference ...

You'll see I've complained about buggy BT connections from day 1, with the WF-SP800N (returned) and WF-1000XM3 too (kept so far).

IF it happens and you don't have the case, you can take them out of your ears for a moment, then put them in your ears and press and hold on both touchpad until they go into pairing mode, and try clicking on the XM3 in BT settings to connect. This sometimes works, without having to put them in the case. Or, maybe if they do go into pairing mode but still wont connect, remove them from your BT profile and re-pair them as a last resort?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #22,785 of 62,436
hey everyone.

got my Alien Secret iems 3 days ago. intiial impressions are as follows:

build quality and comfort WAY above the QCY T5. the case feels more solid and looks good. so do the iems - pretty well finished and quite small. comfort is otherwordly - stays in my ears with every tip imaginable :) even mywifewho has pixie ears and couldn't get the QCY T5 to stay in her ears, can literally dance in these and they stay and don't fall off.

the battery last very long and It does charge wireless. very cool.

now for the sound - I like it but there is one major downside - the sub base region is TOO elevated for my taste and even though it is very well controlled, it still is too loud. I equalize it down a notch right arounდ 50-80 herz mark and then it becomes fantastic.had an impression that it was a slightly bright, almost hissy iem, but I'd say it is a well pronounced L shape curve, with too long a foot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back