Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 19, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #22,741 of 62,439
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #22,742 of 62,439
You are doing it again .... :wink:

Shop with 0.0% ... what could possibly go wrong ...

i generally won't make a move unless there's at least a few positive reviews, and also seeing some actual product photos from the reviews :o2smile:
I'm pretty much covered for ANC now, so now I'm browsing for some open earbuds/sabbat alternatives, just to wear around the house. still stuck between Soundpeats trueair and Tronsmart onyx ace, unless there's a better alternative.

nowadays bt version 5.1 and 5.2 TWSs seems to be popping out on AE

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #22,743 of 62,439
What have you guys tried lately in the < $50 range that has decent outgoing audio quality for phone calls?

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #22,745 of 62,439
Have you tried the Acoustune AET08 tips? I'm using them on the XM3's and also my JH Lola's and they are awesome. Only ones I found that get a good seal and keep my Lola's from falling out when i walk, chew food, etc. Fit great on the XM3 and the case closes, etc.

I have not tried those. These CP360's are working well though.

Jun 20, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #22,746 of 62,439
FYI for you and others. If you have an Amazon Prime CC they are offering 25% cash back for the Jabra Elite Active 75t (mint color). With the current sale price of $180 that should net you about $47 cashback. Not as cheap as the Target $99 for the 75t, but they are new and I hear the Active 75t are considered better. What scares me about refurbished even direct from Jabra is the 6 month warranty vs 1 year warranty for new.
Thanks. Looks like it's sold out. I'd have to think twice about the color, but it's still a good deal for new.

Jun 20, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #22,747 of 62,439
whaat?? meee?? I'd never do such thing!!

by the way, here's another XM3 clone also with airoha chip, DSEE HX, but with "improvements" from XM3 such as bigger 10mm drivers, wireless charging, and also secure wings :o2smile::o2smile:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10000323187260.html

348527452672800991.jpg
Interesting. I'd take claims of "DSEE HX" with a spoonful of salt. They kind of look like a hybrid between the WF-1000X and the XM3.

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #22,748 of 62,439
Here's some TWS with ambient mode for under 100$:
Jabees Firefly, Firefly Pro and Firefly.2 - I had the Firefly Pro, not quite as good as Jabra 65t in ambient mode quality but still fairly usable.
Mifo O5 (I think only some variants have it, O7 doesn't unfortunately)
Aufo M1 - This one decreases the volume. The ambient feed hisses a lot though.
FIIL T1XS - They call it "monitor mode" which lowers the volume.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately seems that no one is available on Amazon.it :/ Well, I still search. Or maybe Aliexpress, but I don't like it.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #22,750 of 62,439
Anyone have the Jabra Elite 75ts? I see they are on sale at Target for 99.00!

I have the Active 75Ts and before that I had the 65Ts.

Absolutely love everything about the 75s. I'm using SpinFit 360 tips, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I Sugru modded them. They are now more comfortable than my customs and block out more noise too.

Be warned however, my left earbud just stopped working after 10 days. A search for a fix turned up many others with the same problem.

I bought mine from a brick and mortar store so was easily able to exchange them for a new pair.

I wouldn't be surprised though if many of those refurbs were returns like mine.

If you're willing to take a chance on them you won't be disappointed.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #22,751 of 62,439
I have the Active 75Ts and before that I had the 65Ts.

Absolutely love everything about the 75s. I'm using SpinFit 360 tips, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I Sugru modded them. They are now more comfortable than my customs and block out more noise too.

Be warned however, my left earbud just stopped working after 10 days. A search for a fix turned up many others with the same problem.

I bought mine from a brick and mortar store so was easily able to exchange them for a new pair.

I wouldn't be surprised though if many of those refurbs were returns like mine.

If you're willing to take a chance on them you won't be disappointed.
Yeah I've read that same issue as well. I will take my chance. I'm waiting for the Target or best buy near me to get the solid black one in. I have the active 65t and so far so good. I read that the 65s had the same issue with the left bud dying and or way quieter than the right.
Hopefully your new one will be issue free. You'd think they'd figure it out as it's gotta cost a lot to keep swapping them out.

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #22,752 of 62,439
I'm on my 3rd pair of Airpods Pro.
Starting to lose faith in them.
They work very well at first, with ok bass and the ear tip fit test show Green/Good seal.
But after a while the bass weakens, and I just get yellow in the fit test.
Just got the second replacements, green test everytime and noticably more bass than the ones I returned.

Do any of you in here have similar experiences?

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #22,753 of 62,439
They work very well at first, with ok bass and the ear tip fit test show Green/Good seal.
Just got the second replacements, green test everytime and noticably more bass than the ones I returned.

I haven't had any issues with my or my wife's airpods pros. I've noticed the bass and sound has changed noticeably throughout the various firmware upgrades.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #22,754 of 62,439

I have not experienced that yet. I must confess that I only performed the test once, I can tell without it if I have a good seal or not.
So far mine have been solid with the exception of an occasional drop in volume when switching between android and IOS devices.

Respectfully, wouldn't the failure of the tip test be a failure of the tip? Perhaps the miss shaped?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #22,755 of 62,439
I haven't had any issues with my or my wife's airpods pros. I've noticed the bass and sound has changed noticeably throughout the various firmware upgrades.
I think Apple should really develop their own house sound or shoot for the Harman Target Curve. It seems like their "sound guy" may simply be a Hipster Millennial in an office "Safe Space", oblivious of the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back