Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 28, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #22,291 of 62,439
We are working diligently to get the first batch of orders shipped out within May. There is a wide variation of available real estate per user and we've had to make several adjustments to stabilize the PCBA, not to mention the delays in small components due to supply chain effect from COVID-19.

Hi Peter, I guess we all get the complications this times brings.. is there an update on estimated time of delivery? Really looking forward to see reviews on it.

May 28, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #22,292 of 62,439
All that said, I do hope they make the English prompt version easier to buy this time around. It's already a huge PITA to get the Eng version of the current T1X, at least here where I'm at.
The website says that you can choose the English prompt though it comes with the Chinese ones by default. Looks like they included both this time (though it remains to be proven)

May 28, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #22,293 of 62,439
The website says that you can choose the English prompt though it comes with the Chinese ones by default. Looks like they included both this time (though it remains to be proven)

If this (and rumors of "monitor mode") is true I might just brave hell and high heaven to get a pair lol. Hopefully the sound sig remains as competent though.

OFC, if they somehow add wireless charging to the mix: Hell, high heaven and all the multiverses.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #22,294 of 62,439
If not for the impossible fit, I would have kept the Sony WF-SP800N and hoped that the bugs in software and firmware might get fixed. The sound with a good seal (ear hooks removed) was good, fun and energetic and not bloated, with a fair to medium-good transparency mode and ANC (neither as good as Air Pods Pro).

What do you have in mind that does ANC better than MTW2? I'm using my Air Pods Pro as my benchmark - I'm still looking for comparisons of MTW2 ANC and Transparency modes vs others. Thanks.
I just wish the ANC were a bit better in general is what i meant. I'd say king for ANC is the Sony WF1000X M3. After some work, i got a good fit, but my sound preferences are better addressed by other products. E.G. the MTW's, Nuarl's, an eqed L2P etc. Aside from the standard YMMV in the case of the Airpods Pro it's also results may varry. This is because of the effects certain firmware versions like 2C54 have had on the ANC of many Airpods pro units. That said, since you have ANC that is good enough to set as a standard, i'd either wait till a product comes out that has improved ANC, E.G. potentailly 2nd gen of Airpods Pro, Bose iem version of the 700 or something else; or pick up the MTW2 for these reasons. you've mentioned having a good fit with the first gen MTW, the housing on the 2nd gen is slightly smaller so will probably be an even mor comfortable fit. Transparency mode is top notch with the MTW2 imo. Very full, natural and at a great volume; making it easy to hear everything around you clearly. The ANC, while not a strength of the MTW2, is not bad. It's complementary to the rest of the over-all experience of the MTW2 in that it will reduce the sounds of central air, cab/engine noises, but not have that vacuum like effect. it's certainly better than the passive isolation you get with the MTW2. My impressions haven't changed on the sound of these, so add that up with everything else i've just mentioned. I definitely understand wanting to have the best ANC in this case, but the XM3 doesn't come with hooks, so you may have trouble getting a fit with these in a similar way that you did with the SP800 both with and without hooks.

May 28, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #22,295 of 62,439
MORE THOUGHTS - WHAT STAYS AND WHAT GOES

So far, while the FIIL T1X sound very good for the price, I don't like that they have the driver flex that locks up the right driver and lack of ambient mode. Thinking that the right ear piece is defective more than the left I contacted the seller about a return - they refunded me. But I don't know if it's worth taking my chances to order a replacement with the refund, especially since I have a plethora of TWS right now. Those 3rd party silicon tips that were suggested here made them much better, and while I still have to fiddle with them to get a seal without locking up the right driver, it's a pain.

The Liberty Air 2 (LA2) sound very nice, with much less driver flex (only very occasional and easy to fix), but I don't like that they also lack ambient mode. However, they fit me better than the T1X, and I like the auto-pause when removing them from my ears as well as the tiny Qi compatible case. Still debating over returning these before June 24th deadline, because they're hard to use in phone calls without removing one.

The Nuarl N6P will stay, just for the high quality audio and good passive noise blocking, but I hate the lack of ambient mode with these and can't use them for phone calls without ambient pass through for my voice, unless I remove one. These will have limited use like the LA2. [edit - these are still one of the least comfortable for me]

I'm giving my brother (or daughter's BF) my PAMU PADMATE before I even unbox them, as they've been sitting around a while and likely would not replace the LA2 having similar features. My Pamu Scroll that I did open and use for a few years will stay, serving as my non-ambient TWS with a more laid back and mellow sound signature, of which the others are the opposite.

All of my TWS with an ambient / transparency / hear-through modes will stay.

The Jabra 75t will stay, having ambient mode, and decent sound with EQ, although I still think that the ambient mode is a little too "hissy" or noisy. I tried playing music through the car stereo while wearing them in ambient mode, and they are definitely my voice focused than the APP or MTW ambient mode which sound more audiophile through the microphone in ambient mode. But, it wasn't terrible. I feel like the WF-SP800N also had a more audiophile sounding hear through mode with music playing from speakers, with a switch to make it more voice focused, but either way it was too quiet, maybe more quiet than the MTW.

The MTW will stay, although ambient noise pass though or transparency mode is not as loud as the Jabra it is a better quality, and the audio reproduction is also more audiophile.

Obviously the Apple APP and PBP will stay, as I can use them for music and phone calls while hearing ambient noise around me, and music reproduction is not bad (not as good as MTW or N6P). The PowerBeats Pro don't have an ambient mode, but they leak and don't seal while providing good sound, so I never have trouble wearing them and acting like Im not - perfect for riding my bicycle and not losing them (bad for the wind noise).

And now, the Galaxy Buds+ will also stay, with very good ambient pass through for phone calls and sitting around while listening to music and my wife talk at the same time. The ambient pass through is also more "speech focused" like the Jabra 75t, but they don't hiss at me and their music reproduction is among the best as well (with my limited listening on day #1 today).

[Wow did auto corrupt screw up that post royally - had to fix a million typos, and I am not "kissing my music" normally.]

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #22,296 of 62,439
I just wish the ANC were a bit better in general is what i meant. I'd say king for ANC is the Sony WF1000X M3. After some work, i got a good fit, but my sound preferences are better addressed by other products. E.G. the MTW's, Nuarl's, an eqed L2P etc. Aside from the standard YMMV in the case of the Airpods Pro it's also results may varry. This is because of the effects certain firmware versions like 2C54 have had on the ANC of many Airpods pro units. That said, since you have ANC that is good enough to set as a standard, i'd either wait till a product comes out that has improved ANC, E.G. potentailly 2nd gen of Airpods Pro, Bose iem version of the 700 or something else; or pick up the MTW2 for these reasons. you've mentioned having a good fit with the first gen MTW, the housing on the 2nd gen is slightly smaller so will probably be an even mor comfortable fit. Transparency mode is top notch with the MTW2 imo. Very full, natural and at a great volume; making it easy to hear everything around you clearly. The ANC, while not a strength of the MTW2, is not bad. It's complementary to the rest of the over-all experience of the MTW2 in that it will reduce the sounds of central air, cab/engine noises, but not have that vacuum like effect. it's certainly better than the passive isolation you get with the MTW2. My impressions haven't changed on the sound of these, so add that up with everything else i've just mentioned. I definitely understand wanting to have the best ANC in this case, but the XM3 doesn't come with hooks, so you may have trouble getting a fit with these in a similar way that you did with the SP800 both with and without hooks.

Thanks for that - you posted while I was still typing my last post.

I am working on getting a review sample of the MTW2, after sharing my MTW OG review with Sennheiser, but found out yesterday that my contact at Sennheiser has been furloughed due to CoVid-19. I feel bad that I was 4 months late with my first review, but I seem to be on a roll for now with posting impressions.

May 28, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #22,297 of 62,439
While my KZ Z1 continue to sit in a warehouse in NY, I saw a 50% off sale on Reddit with a code for the UFUSHO F16's on Amazon. I didn't see too many reviews on Youtube and the information here was somewhat mixed. But, with a total cost of $19.56 I decided that another pair wouldn't hurt anything. Plus, the case on this one doubles as a charger for my phone. Seems great for traveling. I just got a note from Amazon that they will be here tomorrow. Does anyone have anything good (or bad) to say about the F16's?
i'll say this about the ofusho F16. Take the fins off imo, then grind the sharp pointy ends off the top. Then if you have either an Android dev you'd use them with i'd download the wavelet app using Android 9 and up, or an otherwise great EQ option. They're okay, but the the Tranya B530 pro at the same price or just about anything at that price will be better by default than the F16. Unless they retuned them of course. That said, they aren't bad, can be used in mono, can be shower buds if you want to use them for that, they will last forever, seriously i charged them once during Labor Day last year, and never had to recharge them again the whole time i owned them. Granted, they were mostly used in the shower FWIW, but still. That was like over a 4 month period. Then i got rid of them.

May 28, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #22,298 of 62,439
So have anyone been able to compare the ANC of the SP800N with the one on the XM3 ? According to Sony it's not as advanced but there have been reports that it seems just as good, not in side by side tests though. Some seem to consider the APP as the best in class but I wonder if it's not because it's the most "impressive", i.e. when it kicks in your REALLY notice the difference. You could also feel it kick in pretty well with the XM3s and on the Libratone Track Air+, the problem is that their passive isolation was not great, especially on the LTA+, similar to the APPs I'd say. On the other hand the Echo Buds have stellar passive isolation and the ANR give it a little extra "push" to provide the "best in class" TWS isolation IMHO. The same is true of the MTW2 to a lesser extent.

May 28, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #22,299 of 62,439
i'll say this about the ofusho F16. Take the fins off imo, then grind the sharp pointy ends off the top. Then if you have either an Android dev you'd use them with i'd download the wavelet app using Android 9 and up, or an otherwise great EQ option. They're okay, but the the Tranya B530 pro at the same price or just about anything at that price will be better by default than the F16. Unless they retuned them of course. That said, they aren't bad, can be used in mono, can be shower buds if you want to use them for that, they will last forever, seriously i charged them once during Labor Day last year, and never had to recharge them again the whole time i owned them. Granted, they were mostly used in the shower FWIW, but still. That was like over a 4 month period. Then i got rid of them.
Thanks. I got them to use when I'm working outside and don't want to risk dropping or breaking my nicer buds. Also, for traveling.

May 28, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #22,301 of 62,439
also t1x can swith from chinese and english... if i pair with ipad they speak english, if i pair with android they speak chinese... I cannot reproduce it precisely but it happens

May 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #22,302 of 62,439
Geekbuying is now allowing preorder of the T1 XS FIIL - shipping in 4 days. Does anyone have experience/know how long it would typically take to get to a state like PA if ordering from China on Geekbuying? :pray:
wait few days I should have a discount code. For european members use Eu Priority Line to avoid duties and taxes

May 28, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #22,303 of 62,439
also t1x can swith from chinese and english... if i pair with ipad they speak english, if i pair with android they speak chinese... I cannot reproduce it precisely but it happens

That is... interesting. Maybe it only does English if it connects through AAC?

Or maybe it simply speaks what the app tells it to (if you managed to install the app on both the iPad and Android anyway).

Anyhow, I'll probably wait for confirmation first if the T1Xs can indeed do Chi/Eng (and does "monitor" mode) before committing myself to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back