Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 8, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #21,871 of 62,452
The design is possibly the worst I have seen particularly for a large company. They are useless for exercise both because they move constantly and because Sony didn't add any sweat protection. They do sound good and the ANC is decent but the drawbacks kill them. If I can't move and sweat why bother? Just use a wired desktop setup. The new 800s seem to address the shortcomings. I predict they will cannibalize the 1000s.
Well to be fair they where not advertised as headphones for the gym. Sony does have different ones intended for the gym as you probably know.
As I mentioned a week or so back, I wore mine outside blowing leaves with my gas leaf blower and not only did they stay in my ears but they blocked most of the sound from the leaf blower.
I'm using Spinfits on the Sonys and they sound great and stay put.
I so admit they look bad but it doesn't bother me.

May 8, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #21,874 of 62,452
After more than 1 month of owning the Sennheiser Momentum 2, i'm overall really pleased. I doubt we'll see anything that's a significant upgrade until Bluetooth 5.2 and LC3/LC3 plus codec becomes available. I do really look forward to that since they will introduce many features that will become the new standard unlike Qualcomm and their proprietary bull. Qualcomm actually removed the APTX LL feature on their newer chipset... So there's no way of having low latency audio if your earbuds are using a Qualcomm chip. Stupid crap like that is why I really dislike Qualcomm.

Only downside is that you'll have to buy new devices, not only new earbuds but also a new phone/source that actually supports Bluetooth 5.2. Hopefully we'll also so plenty of adapters for other uses like TV/PC.

But I do wonder when BT 5.2/LC3 will be avaible now with the lockdown that's happening all over, I guess maybe early next year?

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #21,877 of 62,452
I have these. The bass are indeed too much but makes them sound fun. No problem with L R though. The thing I disliked about them is they cannot be turned off and on without the case.

EPT10 become xxxcellent with this setting on my Neutronmp app running on SP1000.
I do not use the tws as a combo, but just to confirm how potential that tw is.
Not any more overly driven bass. Lively, organic sounding.
In term of FR and clarity it reach wf1000xm3 and BO E8 3.0
Speed is top1 of 3.
E8 become a bit metalic highs after 2 hours listening to EPT10

Iphone with Neutron may be best solution for EPT10
20200509_001413.jpg

May 8, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #21,878 of 62,452
After more than 1 month of owning the Sennheiser Momentum 2, i'm overall really pleased. I doubt we'll see anything that's a significant upgrade until Bluetooth 5.2 and LC3/LC3 plus codec becomes available. I do really look forward to that since they will introduce many features that will become the new standard unlike Qualcomm and their proprietary bull. Qualcomm actually removed the APTX LL feature on their newer chipset... So there's no way of having low latency audio if your earbuds are using a Qualcomm chip. Stupid crap like that is why I really dislike Qualcomm.

Only downside is that you'll have to buy new devices, not only new earbuds but also a new phone/source that actually supports Bluetooth 5.2. Hopefully we'll also so plenty of adapters for other uses like TV/PC.

But I do wonder when BT 5.2/LC3 will be avaible now with the lockdown that's happening all over, I guess maybe early next year?
One of the things I'm looking forward to in LC3/LC3 Plus is the high speech quality when using a headset, obviously seriously lacking with the standard protocols.

May 8, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #21,879 of 62,452
Currently using Audeze i3 for critical listening. They are a jack of all trades. Sound amazing with the Cipher cable and a cell phone. Also come with a Bluetooth cable. And can be run wired through your home set up. I see very little reason to try something new. I love that they are technically an iem but they just rest in your ears without deep insertion. Highly recommended.

Hi. I have the Sony XM3, the Sennheiser‘s v. 1 and the Nuarl P2. They all sound fine. I like the Nuarls best, at the moment. They are a little more forward and clean in the mid range.
But... When I listen to them I say “good“ or “nice“, but never “wow.“
When I listen to my Ibasso IT104s, particularly with a DAP (I know, unfair comparison) I say “wow!”

Given that I have spent so much money trying, over the past year, three “high-end” wireless Bluetooth earbuds, I am very interested in your
Thoughts about the BT cable pairing with the Audeze i3. I also note that Audeze is discounting the Audeze 10 to $200. Even though the current price is crazy, do you think that the Audeze i3 is a “wow” with an iPhone? Thanks for your thoughts

PS. I love the sound of my Ibassos, but the form factor doesn’t work great for my ears.

May 8, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #21,880 of 62,452
Given that I have spent so much money trying, over the past year, three “high-end” wireless Bluetooth earbuds, I am very interested in your
Thoughts about the BT cable pairing with the Audeze i3. I also note that Audeze is discounting the Audeze 10 to $200. Even though the current price is crazy, do you think that the Audeze i3 is a “wow” with an iPhone? Thanks for your thoughts

The i3 is definitely a "WOW" headphone straight from an iPhone using the cipher cable or over android using the Anker adapter. The combo is so good, I sold off my desktop amp and DAC. My stuff was never high end but I had previously owned LCD-2 classics and HiFimans Edition XXs over some decent desktop equipment. The i3 can hang with those full size cans and when it comes to spaciousness beats them handily. I called them a jack of all trades because they are portable and can be used with cipher, BT or wired to a desktop amp. I'm sure some audiophiles may prefer them hooked to a desktop set up but I would be pretty surprised if it beat the cipher cable. The BT cable does result in a drop off in SQ. It doesn't support LDAC or AptxHD. It's a nice option if you need it but I don't really use it. The i3 is pricey but for my 1 set of critical listening headphones, I don't think there is anything that can beat it in that price range. I toyed with trying the HiFiman BT cans but I'm pretty convinced it won't improve on the i3. As for the isine 10s, they are great little headphones and steal at 200 with cipher cable. The i3 are definitely better but the are 4 times the price. The law of diminishing returns definitely applies. You could also probably grab an isine20 in the classifieds for $300 to $400 and that gets you pretty close to the i3. Good luck. I too am chasing high end true wireless but I think the technology has hit its ceiling for the time being and until someone gets LDAC into a true wireless setup or more advanced codecs become available.

May 8, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #21,882 of 62,452
Where can the Bomaker SIFI be bought in Europe? Amazon.de lists them unavailable and so does the official bomaker website. Is there any way to buy these at the moment?

Available at amazon.co.uk for £40. I heartily recommend them.

May 8, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #21,884 of 62,452
Weird. I can order it

May 8, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #21,885 of 62,452
I decided to send my ATH-ANC300TW back. They're OK, but they don't really do anything that isn't done better by another TW I already own. Price point is too high.
I'm still holding onto mine. On the fence. The ANC is very very good. Up there with my Senn. MTW2. Soundstage is wider on the MTW2 which also have more bass. I was listening to The Cult - Sonic Temple Remastered with the ATH and they were hypnotic. Jury is still out for me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back