Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 4, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #21,751 of 62,458
Which Edifier TWS tho? There's a bunch of them lol.

Though at this moment in time, seems that Edifier is actually churning out a bunch of pretty decent models, even compared to KZ. Their top end (the TWS NB) is actually pretty good I hear, and AFAIK they're winged which might help with fit while doing rigorous activities like running.

But yeah, KZ TWS stuff are mostly on the inexpensive side of things as far as TWSes go so it's not entirely a fair fight.

I think some models of Edifier are under 50$, the X3 would be at 25$ as launching special price.
I was going to get the KZ aptx hd adapter cable but it looks like it has too much cable for running

May 4, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #21,755 of 62,458
I've been jammin to Breaking Benjamin and comparing the Tevis to Sennheiser MTW as I've heard that they have similarities.IMO, I just Don't hear these similarities. I think the MTW are in a whole nother plane then the Tevis.
Don't get me wrong, I still like the Tevis and kept them, but going from one to the other right away, it's night and day difference for me. Love the Senns!! I will have to wait for my MTW1 to crap out before getting the MTW2 though.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #21,757 of 62,458
Both of you do mean the Sony WF1000XM3. just want to clarify so other peeps know. And i would like to throw my 2 cents in. I have never heard the Apple airpods but the XM3s are my FAVORITE of all that I've had and have!!!!

May 4, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #21,759 of 62,458
But, but, I don't want the bass to lessen a little :frowning2:

For d3myz - I grabbed the Pamu Scroll which are my bedside TWS, and I stand by my thoughts - the details are not veiled to me and they have nice air and space. I find them to have a nice transparent sound with a good balance of bass, mids and treble. The treble is just slightly recessed to me, which makes them work better with poor recordings, but despite my 58 yr old ears I have not thought about EQing more treble lately.. The PaMu charging case size, while round, is about as wide and deep as the N6pro case, but at least 1.5x the length of the N6Pro.

And yes, with PaMu it is easy to pause the music when trying to re-adjust them in your ears, so that they don't apply pressure to sensitive parts of the ears..
You must have some different scrolls than I have. I have a brown carbon pair and a pink pair for my wife and I've gone back to them over and over trying to give them a chance. In fact I just A/B tested them with my new Tevi's. The new version of the Tevi's are remarkable. I'm seriously impressed. The Scroll is bass Heavy and Mid-bass heavy to me, but not that good sub bass with balanced mid bass, it's kind of loose and clumsy. Good response, but the low end seems to just over power the highs, they are def. there, but they are very recessed to me and the mids and high mids are pushed a bit more forward than I like. I think if I eq'd them they would probably be pretty good, but the fact that the don't power off w/o the case, they hurt my ears after wearing them for 15 mins and that the touch sensors are ultra sensitive ruined for me. I have also had a slew of connection issues, but i'm glad you like them!! That's what makes this a great forum!

May 4, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #21,760 of 62,458
Maybe off topic maybe not. Can anyone recommend something good for road cycling? I tried my mtw2 with transparency on but the wind noise even at low speeds was brutal. Recommendations appreciated even if not strictly tws
I'm really liking the Jabra 75T, had them on with transparency mode with some serious wind going and it wasn't that bothersome, not sure how'd they fair for biking.

May 4, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #21,762 of 62,458
I'm kinda sad nobody likes my bigger posts. Do I need to post a tl;dr version too?
I like them, sorry. i'm playing catch up. You should of seen my activity when I got the N6 and N6pro and L2pro. Difference is my posts are long and idiotic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Keep it up. Sometimes it feels like your not getting a lot of love here, but some of that has to do with a lot of the TWS' being reviewed ad infinitum. I still like to hear what everyone has to say.

May 4, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #21,763 of 62,458

Rock on with N6 pro.

May 5, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #21,764 of 62,458
So I found a new version of the Lypertek Tevi's Like new for $68 shipped on ebay, they arrived today. Some of you may remember that I had a pair prior to the revision and the app and the utter lack of low end left me wanting. It was one of the most disappointing TWS experiences i've had. Beautiful clear, detailed highs and good mids, but literally no low end. Well, I'm happy to report that this new version is Exceptional. Considered me WOW'd @BigZ12 ! Looks like the App is no longer available on app store, which is a bummer, but damn these things sound fantastic. I'm going to keep listening, but as of right now these are in my top 5. They are everything I love about the T1X, but more detailed and less harsh highs. They do have a bit less bass and the mids aren't quite as wide and I do wish there was a bit more mid-bass, but the soundstage is much wider and the detail is busy music is really something. It's been a while since i've listened to a track I hear all the time and have heard something buried in the mix. last thought. The tuning in these reminds me of the N6/N6pro, except less warm and a bit more exciting. My biggest beef with these is I didn't think they were worth the $80 price tag, well they are now $99 and had I known they sounded this good I would of spent that in a Heartbeat. I think I need to just take the plunge and grab that LG V35 i've been looking at forever so I can tune these bad boys and enjoy them with Aptx.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #21,765 of 62,458
But, but, I don't want the bass to lessen a little :frowning2:

For d3myz - I grabbed the Pamu Scroll which are my bedside TWS, and I stand by my thoughts - the details are not veiled to me and they have nice air and space. I find them to have a nice transparent sound with a good balance of bass, mids and treble. The treble is just slightly recessed to me, which makes them work better with poor recordings, but despite my 58 yr old ears I have not thought about EQing more treble lately.. The PaMu charging case size, while round, is about as wide and deep as the N6pro case, but at least 1.5x the length of the N6Pro.

And yes, with PaMu it is easy to pause the music when trying to re-adjust them in your ears, so that they don't apply pressure to sensitive parts of the ears..
You must have some different scrolls than I have. I have a brown carbon pair and a pink pair for my wife and I've gone back to them over and over trying to give them a chance. In fact I just A/B tested them with my new Tevi's. The new version of the Tevi's are remarkable. I'm seriously impressed. The Scroll is bass Heavy and Mid-bass heavy to me, but not that good sub bass with balanced mid bass, it's kind of loose and clumsy. Good response, but the low end seems to just over power the highs, they are def. there, but they are very recessed to me and the mids and high mids are pushed a bit more forward than I like. I think if I eq'd them they would probably be pretty good, but the fact that the don't power off w/o the case, they hurt my ears after wearing them for 15 mins and that the touch sensors are ultra sensitive ruined for me. I have also had a slew of connection issues, but i'm glad you like them!! That's what makes this a great forum!

the Pamu scroll was the fastest TWS that i had in my possession. it only lasted 2 days before i got rid of it. the sound is so abrasive that it literally made my ears ringing from a short period of using them. i don't know what caused it.. as the tuning itself was quite okay and warmish.
supports SBC only and the controls are not very good. if i remembered correctly my unit can't go previous track.

the only good thing i can say about it is i can wear it in the shower just fine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back