Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 5, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #20,418 of 62,436
Bought the Fiil t1x's. Will likely do a bigger review later. I'm pretty impressed, especially for $40. I mostly bought them because of convenience. The sound is pretty good but compared to my other headphones (NAD HP50 and KZ ZSN) these have some kind of spike in the treble frequencies that makes vocals really present. It's not bad but not what I'd prefer, because for podcasts it's slightly annoying. It's like people are talking right in front of my face. The controls are also annoying -- double tapping to play/pause works like 30% of the time. Not sure if the other options in this price range are much better. Luckily the app can mitigate lots of these issues

it would help if I actually knew what the EQ presets were actually doing. Who the hell wants a "New Age" EQ preset anyways? No one usese EQ like that.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #20,419 of 62,436
Sorry, I do not have any of those. The closest I have is the qcy t1c. The qcy t1c sounds fun with big bass. The truedot is flatter sounding.
I have the QCY T2C/QS2. They are fun indeed and were my first TWS and what a start it was, thanks to scarbir.com

I'd take a flatter response if it helps achieve more details. I've ordered the GT1 PLUS and probably will wait for someone to confirm if they sound the same as both quote bio-membrane 7.2 mm drivers & qcy, haylou & soundpeats probably being related.

Not seeing it on AE yet ... i am getting really confused with all the different SoundPEATS ofefrings ... trying to figure out i.e. the diff between the Truedots and the Truefree+ ...
The truefree+ are rebranded QCY QS2.

Mar 5, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #20,420 of 62,436
I tried the Truengine SE because I like the Phaiser Fusion Ones so much. Also an aptX dual-driver design, but I was hoping to like the TE SE shape better. But I didn't like the shape and the sound wasn't even close to comparable. The Phaisers are much, much better - better, tighter bass, better separation, better upper clarity, better soundstage.
Those Phaisers look like a rebrand of the Syllable S101, which i do like a lot. And that was also my thought. Like this dual driver, will hopefully like that one as well ... thanks for the heads up

Mar 5, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #20,421 of 62,436
how did you get the Alien Sectrets cheap? how cheap?
I mean't that I got it cheaper (~33$) than the current asking price of the gt1 plus (47$). also, on taht note, seems like there are two different versions of white alien secrets - one that is all white and butt ugly and one that looks much closer to the promo pics. I saw a review on ali that no matter how you look at it, shows a two tone white model in the pics:

qcc 010.png

Mar 5, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #20,422 of 62,436

My review of the sound quality between the Galaxy Buds+ and the OG Galaxy Buds

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #20,423 of 62,436
Those Phaisers look like a rebrand of the Syllable S101, which i do like a lot. And that was also my thought. Like this dual driver, will hopefully like that one as well ... thanks for the heads up
It's a similar design, but the Phaiser drivers are 8mm to the Syllables' 6mm. Haven't tried the Syllables, but I did try the Wolfblitz version of this design, also with 6mm drivers, and like the Soundpeats (similar 6mm driver unit) I didn't think they had the same dimensionality, separation, depth or clarity as the Phaisers. YMMV, obviously, that was just my impression.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #20,424 of 62,436
Wow!!! the custom eq on the liberty air 2 has changed everything, if u find the right setting you can find your HearID x 5. Forget HearID, forget signature sound and their presets, find your sound via the eq. It's like steroids being pumped into the TWS, it's blown anything I have ever used prior, out of the water (ibasso it01 and shure 215s). Here are my settings, I've been able to dial into a setting which is like the piano preset but with more lows and bass and it's incredible. I'm still tinkering, I'm curious what others use for their LP2s.
Screenshot_2020-03-06-08-59-41-275.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #20,425 of 62,436
A few days later and I'm still liking these Lypertek Tevi's a lot. The default sound with no EQ is perfect for my tastes. The bass isn't overdone and the clarity is great overall.

I currently have three of the best true wireless headphones currently available in my opinion. The Sony WF1000XM3'S, the Lypertek Tevi's and the Mavin Air-X - and whilst I really do like the sound character of the Sony's, I think that the Tevi's are more accurate sounding. the Sony's sound like a pair of full sized headphones - having a wide soundstage whereas the Tevi's are more like the good old Etymotic ER4S - and that's very high praise.

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #20,426 of 62,436
hey all, am super behind on this thread, but wanted to share something i just discovered. For those who have LG phones, you might be annoyed like me that they almost always default to AAC. I've been wondering for a few days now, if i left a headset paired to the phone after switching to APTX, then power up a different TWE that's also capable of APTX, would the phone continue streaming in APTX, or would i have to go back into dev options and switch it again? i switched my Bomaker SiFi from AAC to APTX, heard the short pause as it switched, then let it stream for a minute or so. Then i pulled out my nuarl N6 Pro, while still leaving the SiFi paired, and, it was still streaming in APTX! There is a distinct difference in SQ with the N6P in AAC vs APTX on my V40, but just to make sure i wasn't hearing things, i went back into develloper options and selected APTX as the streaming codec, and instead of a brief pause as is common when switching from 1 codec to another, the music kept on going.
i just wanted to share because usually when i switch i power one off then pull out the next pair and have to go through that whole process of switching codecs again.

When i had Galaxy Buds+, my LG V50 defaulted to AAC, which sounded a little better than SBC (but not good enough to keep them). With my Master & Dynamics, it defaults to aptX. With an old cheap pair that claimed to have aptX, it defaults to SBC. I suspect that this is because, even though they advertised as having aptX, they really don't. YMMV

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #20,427 of 62,436
https://www.linsoul.com/pages/kz-s2
What is wrong with them...
1583450413515.png

Seriously, 20mA? Why does does KZ keep thinking 3 hour battery life is good or enough. Maybe a bit hard to fit a 70 or 80 in a hybrid design but at least fit a 55 in there.

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #20,428 of 62,436
I just wish more TWS had:

Ambient Mode
Button instead of touch
Wireless charging
APTX
Decent Battery
Multi point (I only know of 2 brands that have this feature, Jabra and First Gen M&D)

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #20,429 of 62,436
I think I've found tip nirvana! Just got some Symbio Ws in today's mail - memory foam core, silicone sleeve. They fit as easily and securely as my Spinfit 360s, but they have great isolation and zero-thunk like foam, without having to mold and hold. I actually had to EQ down the bass on my N6s because these accentuated it a little too much. These things are awesome.

IMG-0136.jpg

Very interesting find. Would these work with the mw07 plus?

Mar 5, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #20,430 of 62,436
It's a similar design, but the Phaiser drivers are 8mm to the Syllables' 6mm. Haven't tried the Syllables, but I did try the Wolfblitz version of this design, also with 6mm drivers, and like the Soundpeats (similar 6mm driver unit) I didn't think they had the same dimensionality, separation, depth or clarity as the Phaisers. YMMV, obviously, that was just my impression.
Very interesting ... makes me wonder though ... I've head long time suspicions about those driver size claims (in general) ... is there actually anyone out there opening up TWS and check those claims? Would be interesting to compare the Phaisers physically with a set of the 6mm ones ... somehow Phaiser would have had to create extra space 4mm in height and 2mm in width ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back