Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #20,387 of 62,436
Is this another sales listing with a typo claiming AptXHD?

I looked it up and cant see it doing the HD codec.

The old listing used the exact same lingo, but a much nicer price ... (oh, they switched on the 50% off ... all good now ... or wait until end of march and hope to safe another 2$ or so in anniversary sale :) )
hlgtplus.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #20,388 of 62,436
I have a very limited experience on TWS iems, so I can't say for sure but there is a certain thing called the "law of diminishing returns" and it is true for everything, including iems. look at scarbir.com for some good TWS reviewes, you might like some of the options listed there.

there is also sonys, the Nuarl N6 pros, anker liberty pro 2s and some other options for much more money though :)

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #20,390 of 62,436
The old listing used the exact same lingo, but a much nicer price ... (oh, they switched on the 50% off ... all good now ... or wait until end of march and hope to safe another 2$ or so in anniversary sale :) )

What a time waste!

It's an intentionally misleading er...'confusion' in the headline syntax (it's not AptX-HD codec)

Below says Apt-X (but I don't even believe that now!)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #20,392 of 62,436
What a time waste!

It's an intentionally misleading er...'confusion' in the headline syntax (it's not AptX-HD codec)

Below says Apt-X (but I don't even believe that now!)

There's actually a bunch of reviews out there comparing all the Haylous and so far none has cried foul.

I am more suspicious about models I don't know from sellers I don't know ... These for example ...

aptwhat.jpg

or these guys, even says aptx in the specifications ... not believing it for a second!
ipodaptx.jpg

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #20,393 of 62,436
available on AE? looks awesome ... adding 'tip nirvana' to my audio vocab now :)
Dunno about AE. I bought direct from Symbio. They are based on Hungary, apparently. I got a tracking number ending in -HU and I thought it was a typo ("surely these are coming from Hong Kong, not Hungary"). But the envelope showed up plastered in Old World Hungarian stamps. It was like receiving a letter from the Victorian age.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #20,394 of 62,436
Yes, I’m using iPhone XR, I’ll check out Fiil T1x
I always naively thought that the more expensive the better?
There's a difference between "awesome for $50," and "excellent by any standard." Depends on which you are looking for.

I didn't drive either off my iphone i use for work, but the Nuarl N6 and N6 Pro are, I think, in the "excellent" category.

I'm due for an upgrade of my iPhone 6s via work and I'm probably getting an XR. I think when I do I'm going to pick up another pair of Advanced Sound X+ just to use with that phone (I'm not supposed to put personal apps like Spotify on it, but ...). Off my Android personal phone they didn't sound as good, no aptX. But off my 6s using Apple's far superior implentation of AAC, they sounded every bit as good as the Nuarl N6 to my ear. And they are ridiculously comfortable, with proprietary foam tips included.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #20,395 of 62,436
hey all, am super behind on this thread, but wanted to share something i just discovered. For those who have LG phones, you might be annoyed like me that they almost always default to AAC. I've been wondering for a few days now, if i left a headset paired to the phone after switching to APTX, then power up a different TWE that's also capable of APTX, would the phone continue streaming in APTX, or would i have to go back into dev options and switch it again? i switched my Bomaker SiFi from AAC to APTX, heard the short pause as it switched, then let it stream for a minute or so. Then i pulled out my nuarl N6 Pro, while still leaving the SiFi paired, and, it was still streaming in APTX! There is a distinct difference in SQ with the N6P in AAC vs APTX on my V40, but just to make sure i wasn't hearing things, i went back into develloper options and selected APTX as the streaming codec, and instead of a brief pause as is common when switching from 1 codec to another, the music kept on going.
i just wanted to share because usually when i switch i power one off then pull out the next pair and have to go through that whole process of switching codecs again.

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #20,396 of 62,436
I read a blurb last night (sorry, can't remember where), that it leaked that Sony was going to implement AptX in their WF-1000XM3 through a firmware update. (This involves basically throwing a software switch and paying a royalty ?) They opted against their own LDAC codec because it would destroy the play time per charge.

This is a damn shame, as I now have to consider getting them.
My Google feed just surfaced this for me (obviously I've been searching about earbuds and aptX enough that the Google took notice).

https://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2020/02/sony-to-add-aptx-hd-support-to-wf.html

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #20,397 of 62,436
Personally, I think we are seeing a spate of staff website copy errors on tech spec pages - not embargoed “leaks” about Bluetooth codecs ‘around the corner’

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #20,398 of 62,436
If anyone cares, Tennemak makes great foams. It even has a set specifically for TWS, but I use the cheaper standard version on my Onyx Neo without a problem (and also with my other daily IEM's). Their foams are pleasantly soft, comfortable with smooth surface (silicon like) and have extremely long time rebuild. But the most important thing for me is that I see absolutely no distortion or blurring on the trebles, as is the case with foams from some other manufacturers. Sizes their foams are littlebit smaler, then from other manufactures (Tennemak L is like TRN M, but 1mm shorter).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...1.0&pvid=4eb991d8-23ff-46f3-a272-26419a4899c4

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #20,399 of 62,436
I wonder if Bartig has gotten his GT1 Plus yet. Based on his review on the Soundpeats TrueDot, it feels to me like it might sound similar to the GT1 plus.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/soundpeats-truedot-review
Soundpeats has updated the truedot. It now comes with Qualcomm 3020 with aptx support and can control volume with double taps (left to lower volume, right to raise volume). Either buds can be used in single mode now, the old version could only use the right bud.

QgK7sWc.jpg

Mar 5, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #20,400 of 62,436

Users who are viewing this thread

Back