Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #19,906 of 62,573
Spent a bit of time with Sudio's TOLV TWS. NIce design and small and very easy to set up but a bit boomy in sound.

https://headfonics.com/2020/02/sudio-tolv-tws-wireless-weekend/

1581776053898.png

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #19,908 of 62,573
In regards to ANC tws when sleeping, what if you're a side sleeper? Every tws I've seen are gargantuan and look impossible for side sleepers.

the Airsun X8 ANC is small enough to be comfortable for sleeping sideways

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #19,909 of 62,573
In regards to ANC tws when sleeping, what if you're a side sleeper? Every tws I've seen are gargantuan and look impossible for side sleepers.
The Earin M2s are super small and sound good. they might still be selling these on their website in black only. Ive had a pair now for a long time and they are the smallest ones I own, and have seen. They are not NC but are small enough for side sleepers.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #19,910 of 62,573

The MTW100 is tiny compared to most. You can easily lie on your side.

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #19,911 of 62,573
Feb 15, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #19,912 of 62,573
I’m a side sleeper and I’ve done it with my Jabra active elite 65’s with foam tips. I use an iOS app called brainwave with thunderstorms. You need kind of a soft pillow though so you can make a little depression for your ear. Not bad but definitely not as comfy as no bud at all

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #19,913 of 62,573
Tronsmart spunky beat is small and has slim design profile.

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #19,914 of 62,573
Wow..that's a substantial drop..considering other ANC that i have would drop from around 7 hours (no ANC) to around 5-6 hours with ANC on. I was expecting that the Edifier would do above 7 hours with ANC at least
Reviews had all been saying it was better ANC than the APP so I figured it was better but more battery intensive. No volume control and sticking out a bit did override the price for me.

Really? I thought it was 15 hours with anc off and 11 with anc on. Thought I read it on an early review. That's disappointing considering how huge they look.

15 hours yes that is what they state with the case so 5 plus two more recharges in the case. 11 hours plus two more for 33 w/o ANC.

Hey I just saw Sony is coming out with WH1000-XM4... maybe they’ll have new buds too with LDAC and better water resistance https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/sony-wh-1000xm4-release-date-leaks-and-all-of-the-news

Buuuut, this is new Sony not older Sony so it is more like what they will leave out or screw up this time that will prevent it from being what we would really want it to be. :)

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #19,918 of 62,573
I was talking to a dude on another thread who claimed that his custom IEM’s isolate sound just as good or even better than ANC TWS. Does that sound legit?
I had been thinking of getting customs in any case. Although I have no clue what kind to get haha

My etymotics block out sound just as good if not better than the last generation of anc, circa wh-1000xm2. I haven't heard the latest generation of anc. One thing though is that they are not easy to put on quickly or take off, and they are a lot less comfortable than more shallow fitting iems. YMMV though, especially with customs with regards to comfort, but they will still take longer to slip on our off.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #19,919 of 62,573
I was talking to a dude on another thread who claimed that his custom IEM’s isolate sound just as good or even better than ANC TWS. Does that sound legit?
I had been thinking of getting customs in any case. Although I have no clue what kind to get haha

for mids and high frequency, sure. but for low freq rumble, no way it can beat ANC enabled devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back